New OC/QB Coach: Sterlin Gilbert | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New OC/QB Coach: Sterlin Gilbert

Great hire.

1578779850691.gif

Couldn’t be happier with how things evolved today.

I wanted both coordinators replaced, and it happened with two young, high ceiling guys who will also hopefully help derailing with both our recent ineptitude with landing QB recruit, developing that depth chart, and offensive play calling consistency and with our defensive consistency and aggressiveness.

Awesome day!

I would like to hear what some of the coaches on here think about this hire. I did not get a chance to watch any Mcneese st games, what kind of offense do they run? And for anyone in the know, how was Gilbert at UT? What recruiting success has he had?

I would like to hear what some of the coaches on here think about this hire. I did not get a chance to watch any Mcneese st games, what kind of offense do they run? And for anyone in the know, how was Gilbert at UT? What recruiting success has he had?

He was Babers CO-OC/QB coach at both EIU and BGSU. His offense is Dino's offense

This would be a holy sht hire. Please baby jezzus make it happen.

I haven’t read through the thread so apologies.

I’d guess Lynch to co-OL like tackles or whatever and Martin gone or maybe to analyst. Lynch has done a lot of good for HCDB, I can’t see him being let go.
Dog, he's our new OC and QB coach. Out of the park!

A bunch of salty USF fans trying to rain on our parade with Gilbert hire, but I think his track record speaks for itself. According to the original poster on Twitter, Gilbert was also a finalist for an FBS Head Coaching job.

A bunch of salty USF fans trying to rain on our parade with Gilbert hire, but I think his track record speaks for itself. According to the original poster on Twitter, Gilbert was also a finalist for an FBS Head Coaching job.

USF Fans...aren't they cute.

:cool:

I am wondering if Matt Mattox will follow Sterlin to Syracuse. Matt has coached with him since the start of Dino’s coaching career. Since Sterlin split off to be an OC elsewhere, Matt has followed him everywhere.

But Matt left Sterlin in December to become the OC at UTSA. It sounded like UTSA poached him with more money, and that Sterlin was not happy about it.

I would guess if Sterlin had his way, Matt would join him. I suspect it will happen.

I am wondering if Matt Mattox will follow Sterlin to Syracuse. Matt has coached with him since the start of Dino’s coaching career. Since Sterlin split off to be an OC elsewhere, Matt has followed him everywhere.

But Matt left Sterlin in December to become the OC at UTSA. It sounded like UTSA poached him with more money, and that Sterlin was not happy about it.

I would guess if Sterlin had his way, Matt would join him. I suspect it will happen.

Dude, you're giving me heart palpitations...

This would be a holy sht hire. Please baby jezzus make it happen.

I haven’t read through the thread so apologies.

I’d guess Lynch to co-OL like tackles or whatever and Martin gone or maybe to analyst. Lynch has done a lot of good for HCDB, I can’t see him being let go.
Martin could do rb

Join him in what role?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom