New OC? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

New OC?

We lost NJ, for whatever reason, during P's last season. I know he and D didn't burn bridges but we stopped getting NJ kids. You can look it up. Under Grob we started to make a little headway and started getting some NJ kids again. Not large numbers and not the cream of the crop, but some. It was difficult as some in NJ weren't happy P&D were let go.

So no, Grob did not start the burning of bridges in NJ.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Clearly the NJ contingent doesn't like P&D that much as I don't see any studs from there going to UCONN.

Clearly the NJ contingent doesn't like P&D that much as I don't see any studs from there going to UCONN.
True...but I will add that you don't see any studs from anywhere going to Uconn.

We lost NJ, for whatever reason, during P's last season. I know he and D didn't burn bridges but we stopped getting NJ kids. You can look it up. Under Grob we started to make a little headway and started getting some NJ kids again. Not large numbers and not the cream of the crop, but some. It was difficult as some in NJ weren't happy P&D were let go.

So no, Grob did not start the burning of bridges in NJ.

As a HS Football coach I can tell you that there are many ways and reasons bridges are burned and the number one reason is ineptitude which Robinson had in spades.

As a HS Football coach I can tell you that there are many ways and reasons bridges are burned and the number one reason is ineptitude which Robinson had in spades.

Then what happened the last 3 P years which then led to Grob slowly getting some Jersey kids.

Also, as someone who is not a HS coach, but was given an email from a HS coach, I can assure you Marrone burned bridges

Then what happened the last 3 P years which then led to Grob slowly getting some Jersey kids.

Also, as someone who is not a HS coach, but was given an email from a HS coach, I can assure you Marrone burned bridges

Do tell!

Does anyone have any news regarding who is going to be the O-Line coach? I hope SU can get a good teacher at this position because there is talent here and if he can form this group into something special it'll certainly help the new qb and wr's.

I am not in any way saying that Marrone burned or did not burn bridges. He did have to contend with the program Robinson tore down and facilities that are in question and the rise of Rutgers. IMHO, Rutgers and the facilities were a big part of the equation for all 3 coaches. Lousy play, a better/closer program, a reduction of interest or focus from the school will turn off a lot of programs. What Marrone did after that could have made it worse but mending bridges can happen pretty quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom