New OC? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New OC?

No idea what point you are trying to make. Time will tell on these hires, but color me skeptical to date. Hope I am very, very wrong and eating a plate of crow next year.
Fair enough. My point was to wonder why you are saying that "wow" is turning to "What". Why do you make that judgment? Is there something you know that the rest of us don't? Shafer could say tomorrow that he was hiring Ish Kabible, and on what grounds do I claim that is a bad hire?

Shafer could say tomorrow that he was hiring Ish Kabible, and on what grounds do I claim that is a bad hire?

I'll take this one, N.Y. Ish has NO Northeast recruiting ties, and beats baby seals. That's why Ish is a bad hire.

OK, I'll bite. If Marrone never told Shafer about Grob's failings in this area, and if Dr. Gross didn't ask about this when vetting Shafer, then we deserve what we get. Repeating history that is only ca. 7 years old is laughable.

wasnt anything to bite, just an observation. cuseguy pointed out the NE ties of P and marrone. the guy not mentioned didn't go in that direction and as of right now, shafer may not be either. keeping anselmo would help some. some here blasted grob for not recognizing NE ties needed. we'll see if shafer does.

wasnt anything to bite, just an observation. cuseguy pointed out the NE ties of P and marrone. the guy not mentioned didn't go in that direction and as of right now, shafer may not be either. keeping anselmo would help some. some here blasted grob for not recognizing NE ties needed. we'll see if shafer does.

The last guy kept Chris White around to recruit. Pulled upstate kids, some NJ,m FL and PA and Beltway types. And Mr Ohio.

You'll have one less person with connections in the area.
It's my understanding that Anselmo is the main NYC recruiter. I'm sure it hurts losing DM, but I'll happy as hell if Anselmo stays.

I think he is our connection to both Gus and Laray.

The last guy kept Chris White around to recruit. Pulled upstate kids, some NJ,m FL and PA and Beltway types. And Mr Ohio.

white's strength was metro dc. im talking more NE such as NY, NJ, MA, CN.

I've heard the new OC is going to be a Mongolian street merchant named Ang. Comes from a good coaching tree, runs the spread no-look freezer option and never punts on 4th and 1. He has no recruiting ties to the NE, but can make a mean pot sticker.

I like it but am concerned that he won't be able to get the kids from the Bronx.

I've heard the new OC is going to be a Mongolian street merchant named Ang. Comes from a good coaching tree, runs the spread no-look freezer option and never punts on 4th and 1. He has no recruiting ties to the NE, but can make a mean pot sticker.

I like it but am concerned that he won't be able to get the kids from the Bronx.
He will be adored in Solvay. Team dinner and trick play will both be called Calico Surprise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Just looking over Adazzio's hires at BC, both OC and DC are Northeast guys. Just sayin.

If this is the guy, I'm happy with it, but hope we go after recruiters w/ strategic recruiting ties w/ the rest of the spots.

Just looking over Adazzio's hires at BC, both OC and DC are Northeast guys. Just sayin.
Outside of NY, I could actually care less about "the northeast." MA and CT are dead zones, same for VT and NH. NJ is in general a waste of time at this point. I would much rather we go after PA and OH.

He's also a floating head in a jar.

Outside of NY, I could actually care less about "the northeast." MA and CT are dead zones, same for VT and NH. NJ is in general a waste of time at this point. I would much rather we go after PA and OH.

It would be foolish to give up on New Jersey...and with UConn sidetracked for the time being, it might open things up a bit for us in the Northeast. Our RC better know his stuff.

It would be foolish to give up on New Jersey...and with UConn sidetracked for the time being, it might open things up a bit for us in the Northeast. Our RC better know his stuff.
In all seriousness, "the northeast" outside NY and NJ produces how many guys per year that we really want?

As for giving up on NJ, how much of our current team is from NJ? I'd much rather tell my RC to get to know all the HS coaches in PA and go after every good OL from that state. Seems to be a lot less ego there.

If this is the guy, I'm happy with it, but hope we go after recruiters w/ strategic recruiting ties w/ the rest of the spots.

well at least we seem to have the west coast, and upper mid-west locked down in advance to our move to the pac 12

You need one guy that work NYC and right now that is Anselmo. NYC coaches want SU to continue to give them attention, they aren't going to make the recruiting process difficult for the college. If/when Anselmo leaves, he will have groomed somebody to work the NYC area and the coaches in NYC will be more than fine with somebody giving their players attention. One of the reasons Marrone was able to make inroads with downstate is the coaches and players wanted somebody to recognize there was talent down there and not just when once in awhile there was a 4 - 5 star recruit. It doesn't matter if the guy is someone who formally had midwest recruiting roots, they appreciate what the SU has done and as long as the new recruiter shows them respect everything will be fine in that area.

NJ is in general a waste of time.

Yea, Marrone burned that bridge too. But it can be rebuilt.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yea, Marrone burned that bridge too. But it can be rebuilt.

How? It's all about the next coach's desire to keep that relationship.

I think the burning of the NJ bridge started with Robinson... As for a recruiter, it is not hard to get the lay of the land in NY and the NE. As someone pointed out there isn't much in New England and if a hot shot recruiter comes in all of NY will clamor for attention. This isn't Texas or California and this isn't basketball.

Isn't NJ in Moore's territory? I thought he has been building relationships there, and maybe it's about to come to fruition.

I think the burning of the NJ bridge started with Robinson... As for a recruiter, it is not hard to get the lay of the land in NY and the NE. As someone pointed out there isn't much in New England and if a hot shot recruiter comes in all of NY will clamor for attention. This isn't Texas or California and this isn't basketball.

We lost NJ, for whatever reason, during P's last season. I know he and D didn't burn bridges but we stopped getting NJ kids. You can look it up. Under Grob we started to make a little headway and started getting some NJ kids again. Not large numbers and not the cream of the crop, but some. It was difficult as some in NJ weren't happy P&D were let go.

So no, Grob did not start the burning of bridges in NJ.

anyone find a coaching backround for this guy . the link to sf site i couldnt get the actual bio to show up besides like the 1st paragraph

Well, he has a degree in criminal justice from Cal State-Fullerton in 1992 so he is well suited for the NFL.

Fair enough. My point was to wonder why you are saying that "wow" is turning to "What". Why do you make that judgment? Is there something you know that the rest of us don't? Shafer could say tomorrow that he was hiring Ish Kabible, and on what grounds do I claim that is a bad hire?

Any bio on Kabible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom