New OC? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New OC?

Nothing against Shafer. I like the hire. But when you sign up a guy with Midwest connections, you're going to get assistants with Midwest connections.

Marrone brought NFL/Northeast/Syracuse connections.

P brought Northeast/Connecticut connections.

I won't discuss the other guy.

Shafe better hold onto Anselmo. We're a little thin in the Northeast area now.
A little thin???? Razor thin. Concerns me.

Nothing against Shafer. I like the hire. But when you sign up a guy with Midwest connections, you're going to get assistants with Midwest connections.

Marrone brought NFL/Northeast/Syracuse connections.

P brought Northeast/Connecticut connections.

I won't discuss the other guy.

Shafe better hold onto Anselmo. We're a little thin in the Northeast area now.

the other guy brought in non NE guys like we are now. just sayin...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the OC passed though WMU. It's the IN thing to do.

I bet this is our guy. I also bet we hear about it win or lose next Monday. The bye week would give him some time to fly to cuse, meet with HCSS and the boys, then down a special at nibsy's before he would have to do Super Bowl activities.

OK, I'll bite. If Marrone never told Shafer about Grob's failings in this area, and if Dr. Gross didn't ask about this when vetting Shafer, then we deserve what we get. Repeating history that is only ca. 7 years old is laughable.

anyone find a coaching backround for this guy . the link to sf site i couldnt get the actual bio to show up besides like the 1st paragraph

If this is indeed the guy NE ties are concerning however the guys offense seems very impressive.

For all the in roads the Marrone made into NYC, it will be frustrating to see that momentum dissipate.

anyone find a coaching backround for this guy . the link to sf site i couldnt get the actual bio to show up besides like the 1st paragraph

BIOGRAPHY

With an extensive collegiate coaching background that spans two decades, Tim Drevno is in his second NFL season as the 49ers offensive line coach. In his role, he works alongside fellow offensive line coach, Mike Solari.

Under the direction of Drevno and Solari, the 49ers offensive line helped pave the way for RB Frank Gore as he became the franchise’s all-time leading rusher in 2011. Members of the offensive line were also honored as T Joe Staley was named second-team All-Pro and was selected to his first career Pro Bowl, while G Mike Iupati and C Jonathan Goodwin were selected as alternates.

Prior to joining the 49ers, Drevno served as a member of Jim Harbaugh’s coaching staff at Stanford from 2007-10. Over the course of his final two seasons with the Cardinal, Drevno coached a Stanford offensive line that allowed just 13 sacks during that span, ranking 2nd in the nation in both 2009 (7) and 2010 (6). In addition, the Cardinal offensive line led the way for a ground game that set a school record with 2,837 rushing yards (11th nationally – 218.2 yards/game) in 2009, followed by 2,779 yards in 2010.

Drevno mentored center Chase Beeler, who earned first-team All-American AFCA, AP and Sporting News, and second-team Walter Camp All-America in 2010. A year prior, all five members of the offensive line garnered postseason honors following the 2009 season. Prior to taking over the Cardinal offensive line in 2009, Drevno served as tight ends coach from 2007-08.

Prior to his arrival at Stanford, Drevno was the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach at the University of San Diego (2003-06). The Toreros won back-to-back NCAA Division I-AA Mid-Major national titles and Pioneer League championships in 2005 and 2006. Under his direction as offensive coordinator, the Toreros led the nation in total offense twice, finished 3rd once and 9th on the other occasion.

The 2006 San Diego squad that finished 11-1 overall led all NCAA Division I-AA teams in passing offense (293.3 yards/game), total offense (494.25 yards/game) and scoring offense (42.83 points/game). Quarterback Josh Johnson was one of four offensive All-Americans on the team and led all NCAA Division I-AA quarterbacks in passing yards (3,320), passing efficiency (169.0), touchdown passes (34), and total offense (336.7 ypg). He also posted 721 yards and 11 touchdowns rushing and one touchdown receiving. Johnson went on to be selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fifth round of the NFL draft in 2008.

San Diego set numerous offensive school records in 2005, including points per game (42.6) and total offense (485.2 yards/game). In 2004, the Torero offense averaged 432.4 yards of total offense per game to rank 9th in the nation. The Toreros were also 11th in scoring offense (36.1 points/game) and 12th in passing offense (275.4 yards/game). Drevno directed USD’s West Coast offense to 483.3 yards per game to lead the nation and a Pioneer Football League best 39.9 points per game in 2003, when the squad finished 8-2 and was co-champs of the Pioneer Football League’s North Division.

Drevno was the offensive line coach at Idaho for three seasons (2000-02) prior to joining the USD staff. The Vandal offense ranked 6th in the nation in 2001 and 8th in 2000. He coached three NFL players while at Idaho, including Jake Scott, Rick Demulling and Patrick Venzke.

Prior to his tenure at Idaho, Drevno’s previous coaching stops included San Jose State (offensive line - 1999), UNLV (running backs - 1998) and Montana State (tight ends - 1993-95; running backs 1996-97).

Drevno began his collegiate playing career at El Camino College, where he helped lead his club to a national title in 1987 and earned All-Mission League honors the following season. He then went on to start on the Cal State Fullerton offensive line for two seasons. Drevno was an all-league player at South Torrance High School.

Drevno earned his bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from Cal State-Fullerton in 1992. Tim and his wife Shannon are the parents of three children, McKenna, Zachary and Baylee.

A little thin???? Razor thin. Concerns me.

I'm deeply concerned.

Can't understand why some of these guys can't go outside of their box.

aghh but the concensus was, that guy/staff could recruit, just not coach. See Nassib, Sales, etc

also, could there be a legit shot at Lester Erb? Would be a good get for recruiting...in the midwest, but also can take care of ST, as well as RB coach.

I'm not a coach. Are you?

No idea what point you are trying to make. Time will tell on these hires, but color me skeptical to date. Hope I am very, very wrong and eating a plate of crow next year.

Year School/Team Assignment
1991-92 Cal State Fullerton Graduate Assistant
1993-95 Montana State Tight Ends
1996-98 Montana State Running Backs
1998 UNLV Running Backs
1999 San Jose State Offensive Line
2000-02 Idaho Offensive Line
2003-06 San Diego Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line
2007-08 Stanford Tight Ends
2009-10 Stanford Offensive Line
2011-12 49ers Offensive Line

Year School/Team Assignment