New OL Coach: Dale Williams [Official] | Syracusefan.com

New OL Coach: Dale Williams [Official]

tep624

Living Legend
Last edited:
so for those who know these things...is this a meh, good or great hire?

Cleveland native, I'm sure he can help us recruit in the talent rich North East Ohio corridor as well as other areas of the mid west.

Former O-lineman who has been in the "trenches" at a Power 5 school, have to like that!

Last edited:
Cleveland native, I'm sure he can help us recruit in the talent rich North East Ohio corridor as well as other areas of the mid west.

Former O-limeman who has been in the "trenches" at a Power 5 school, have to like that!
I'm not up to the OL grades while he was with Brohm but at WKU and Purdue Brohm's teams were known for having very strong offenses. Not sure why he was shifted over to Quality control but he has probably forgotten more about Coaching OL's then I'll every learn lol.

Dont know much about him tbh. Hopefully he can teach but seems qualified for the job.

Louisville Bio

Purdue Bio

What is the connection here?

He and Coach Nixon went to WVU together in 1993 and 1994. I think Dale was the starting center those years. He graduated in 1994 and got his masters at WVU in 1996, while Jeff went to Penn State and got his degree there with honors in 1996.

I assume they struck up a friendship then and have remained friends ever since.

Dale attended St. Ignatius HS in the Cleveland area, one of the best HS football programs in Ohio for many years. That school has won 11 state titles.

Last edited:

Former O-limeman who has been in the "trenches" at a Power 5 school, have to like that!

Looks like he recruited the Midwest for Purdue (not a shocker). His recruits at Purdue were from Ohio, Indiana, Michigan and Illinois.

Well, we don't need another recruiting superstar, we need an OL coach.

Since he followed Brohm to the 'Ville, taking a quality assurance role was likely his choice.

Purdue's offense over-performed the recruiting rankings while he was there, so I like this hire.
Yeah, I think the emphasis with this hire was the developmental and coaching aspect, along with adding years of experience to the offense.

Our new OL coach bears a striking resemblance to a tv legend:

448xil.jpg

Is it weird that Brohm decided to hire someone else as OL coach when he moved to Louisville?
This is my only concern with this hire. At first glance I was super excited bc seems that Purdue had solid line play under brohm. But why the demotion of a guy that’s been with him since wku.