New OL Coach Mike Cavanaugh | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New OL Coach Mike Cavanaugh

Regardless of what play station nation thinks, every staff needs a couple guys that are COACHES and lifetime type position coaches. Don't need too many chiefs. This guy still has polyester coaching shorts and just a got his flip phone updated. I like this hire as I think our O Line play and development has been substandard.

Found a pic with him
download.jpg

The addition of Cavanaugh to the staff, as well as a future 10th assistant coach now allowed under NCAA rules, gives Babers the opportunity to restructure duties to maximize the strengths of each coach. The responsibilities for co-offensive coordinator Mike Lynch, who coached the Orange offensive line the past two seasons, have not yet been determined.

The mystery recruit has landed

Really like this hire. Great position coach at one of the positions of weakness here. If he can recruit that would be a bonus but if not he seems like he gets the most out of his lines. I think this is outstanding.

Kind of weird that the press release from the University can't even clarify what Lynch will be doing next year.

For me this is a home run hire, sure it's no the s e xy "Oh my he can recruit all the hot beds and does all the new great things with this or that". The last time we had a really good OL coach we had an amazing line. This is perfect for a line that has experience and just needs a bump to be very good. I can't wait to see the difference this OL will show in the upcoming season.
Yup. This is a guy that knows what he is and what he can do and has proven it.

The simple question is will our football team be better having him as a coach? I think it will, and I don't there's much risk to believing that.

Not sure if this has been posted.

I read an article on Mike Cavanaugh. His wife is former Giants OC Kevin Gilbride’s sister.

Mike’s wife Laurie was needing a kidney transplant. It was a one in a million chance of finding a match. Come to find out Mike’s OC Danny Langsdorf was a perfect match and donated his kidney to her.

Thought that was worth a share.

Langsdorf-Cavanaugh connection goes beyond football

Kind of weird that the press release from the University can't even clarify what Lynch will be doing next year.
I think it means Dino hasn't decided or just hasn't told anyone yet. Maybe it depends on who the next coaching hire is.

The responsibilities for co-offensive coordinator Mike Lynch, who coached the Orange offensive line the past two seasons, have not yet been determined.

*plus we still have to hire another coach.

OL is important so as long as this guy can coach recruiting isn’t as important for this position.

I don’t mind this hire at all.
Dino knows what he is doing.

On paper, he looks terrific. Any guy who can last 10 years at a P5 school in this day and age has got to be a pretty solid producer.

Not sure if this has been posted.

I read an article on Mike Cavanaugh. His wife is former Giants OC Kevin Gilbride’s sister.

Mike’s wife Laurie was needing a kidney transplant. It was a one in a million chance of finding a match. Come to find out Mike’s OC Danny Langsdorf was a perfect match and donated his kidney to her.

Thought that was worth a share.

Langsdorf-Cavanaugh connection goes beyond football

Kevin Gilbride is yet another former Southern Connecticut guy btw.

Whoever mentioned Connecticut as the cradle of college football coaching was not exactly wrong.

Not seeing spectacular reviews from husker fan boards. Then again its fan boards.

Nebraska fan here: I am so, so sorry. :(

From what I can find his lines have had ridiculously low sack numbers 2017 not withstanding (24).

How about this stat: 3.5 yards per rush. #120 rushing in the country. At Nebraska, the school that for decades had pretty much the strongest rushing attack in the country. Basically all of our rushes were up the middle - we never ran it outside because our line was utterly inept at anything more complicated than 'hit the guy lined up in front of you'.

How about this stat: 3.5 yards per rush. #120 rushing in the country. At Nebraska, the school that for decades had pretty much the strongest rushing attack in the country. Basically all of our rushes were up the middle - we never ran it outside because our line was utterly inept at anything more complicated than 'hit the guy lined up in front of you'.
How's the talent? Upperclass to boot?

Yeah I’m sure that’s all on the OL coach. Nothing else goes into to play there. What was wrong with 2016 (2199/4.2) and 2015 (2340/4.72) ?

I noticed attempts also nosedived in 2017. From 496 and 523 to 368. That’s the OL coach’s fault?

Hey while we're at it, lets also toss out the 25 other years he's coached.

Nebraska had some issues. They went through many linemen, last year.

On the flip side, Nick Gates LT, was the highest graded returning big 10 lineman, last year. He declared early for the draft, and is projected as a 3rd or 4th round pic.

we'll just blame Strickland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom