New Roster | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New Roster

Again I don't think he's beating out Thorpe when it matters for pt, but if he does, its a whole different ball game because the potential is defiantly there.

I know its not a popular opinion around here but I think all in all Frank will be a positive surprise over the next two years.
In my mind, he can't be worse than he has been.

FWIW, looking back over the last 10+ seasons, Brissett weighs more than: D. Nichols, Wes Johnson, Southerland, K. Joseph, Fair, Grant, Roberson, Lydon, and White did at entry.

I think by mid season, this team has as much chance to surprise as last year's team was a disappointment.

Any chance we play smaller and move Battle to the 3?

Howard
Thorpe
Battle
Moyer/Brisset
Chukwu

----

The other guys are capable scorers and could negate Chukwu's lack of offense and on defense having Chukwu as a rim protector could help negate the teams lack of size on the backline of the zone.

If Howard can turn things around, it is an interesting thought.

And while playing Battle at the 3 might not be ideal, I could see how it might give us matchup advantages against some opponents. Before Thompson left, I brought up the possibility that we could field a "closing" unit of five scorers [Howard, Thorpe, Battle, Brissett, and Thompson]. Not going to beat anybody up on the glass, but potentially five players who could put the ball in the basket.

Well, Thompson's not here anymore. But I wouldn't be surprised to see us use a scoring lineup similar to what you describe above, at least situationally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom