new running backs coach? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

new running backs coach?

Its almost impossible for a GA to step up and do well at recruiting. It takes time to establish HS relationships.
We need to hire proven coaches.
First of all, it's just a postulation, not a desire or fact. Second, it's not impossible. Third, experience doesn't necessarily mean a good recruiter or teacher.

I'll do the job. I was a running back in high school, and I once rushed for over 500 yards in a Madden game...and that's NFL!
Plus people seem to generally like me, so I could be a good recruiter.

Not a realistic option but I'm wondering how Beckett Wales is doing back home at Venice.

Its almost impossible for a GA to step up and do well at recruiting. It takes time to establish HS relationships.
We need to hire proven coaches.
Just for clarification he was a GA for two seasons at BGSU. He was the Offensive Quality Control Coach at SU last year. And he has been recruiting Georgia and maybe Texas.
And I don't think anyone said he was getting the RB coaching position. There is probably something else coming open.

Just for clarification he was a GA for two seasons at BGSU. He was the Offensive Quality Control Coach at SU last year. And he has been recruiting Georgia and maybe Texas.
And I don't think anyone said he was getting the RB coaching position. There is probably something else coming open.
As you said... ;)

Sorry, Money's post was in the "Mike Hart to Indiana" thread on page 6.

He wouldn't have been able to recruit off campus if he wasn't one of the 9 coaches.

I assume this is what Money was referring to earlier in the tread.
Yes it was. Kaufman handled most of the special teams too so it will be interesting to see how her hires or re assign positions. Gonna need a guy to recruit WNY.

Yes it was. Kaufman handled most of the special teams too so it will be interesting to see how her hires or re assign positions. Gonna need a guy to recruit WNY.
How abt David Walker for RB coach to recruit Western NY and Greg Toal for LB and ST coach to recruit NJ.

How abt David Walker for RB coach to recruit Western NY and Greg Toal for LB and ST coach to recruit NJ.

Not sure David would want to give up an NFL gig to take the same position at SU, but why not?!

I wish. David is a NFL guy now. I dont see him coming back to college. Toal is a little up in age now. I wonder how much he was actually doing at DBP. He had a strong staff around him.

Toal already has another job lined up at a NJ high school. It will br made public pretty soon

Toal already has another job lined up at a NJ high school. It will br made public pretty soon
Scoops on Football: Could Greg Toal go to Indian Hills?
Shoutout to DiVito here. I only hope it's BC and not Indian Hills (Ramapo grad here. They are a rival). Miello made a mess of the Ramapo situation and they won despite him. He parlayed that into a Rutgers gig right after Toal left for DB. Of course he was Schiano's high school coach and gave him a shot as an assistant right out of college. Either way, I don't think Toal would ever go to college level and I hope he doesn't go to Hills.

We will never get many recruits from tx

I dont expect we would, but there are a ton of skill guys coming out of there running our system. even if we got no one it would help a coach hit thr ground running.

We have an arguable 4 star recruit in Strickland, with experience. Moe Neal, with some experience. Now we got an ideal back in Pierre.

I think we have an ideal situation for a solid recruiting, up and coming coach with promise to take a shot and make a name for himself.

We have an arguable 4 star recruit in Strickland, with experience. Moe Neal, with some experience. Now we got an ideal back in Pierre.

I think we have an ideal situation for a solid recruiting, up and coming coach with promise to take a shot and make a name for himself.

Trueblue25 – agreed. this position needs a coach who has had experience and on the road with success in recruiting. This is NOT a give it to a GA situation. In coaching it is more a call to someone you know than anything else. I’m sure Dino has been on this one since or before Hart’s info became public.

If we could get Terry Richardson, that would be a huge win.

He's a Syracuse grad.
He's had a great deal of success at a northeastern BCS school (UConn - the team was mediocre, but the RB's were good)
He has had NFL experience in that role (Jax)
He has Florida high school connections (I think he was a high school coach, and he coached at the University of Miami, FL)
He currently coaches for a P5 school (UMD), which is a feather in his cap/vote of confidence, but not an insurmountable barrier to him coming here (especially since he is an alum).

The guy knows the northeast, the guy knows Florida, the guy can coach, and the guy can recruit. I don't think that he's been at UMD long enough to make any deep connections, but he might even know the DMV/Eastern PA area.

**He graduated in '94, so he's not ancient, either.**

If we could get Terry Richardson, that would be a huge win.

He's a Syracuse grad.
He's had a great deal of success at a northeastern BCS school (UConn - the team was mediocre, but the RB's were good)
He has had NFL experience in that role (Jax)
He has Florida high school connections (I think he was a high school coach, and he coached at the University of Miami, FL)
He currently coaches for a P5 school (UMD), which is a feather in his cap/vote of confidence, but not an insurmountable barrier to him coming here (especially since he is an alum).

The guy knows the northeast, the guy knows Florida, the guy can coach, and the guy can recruit. I don't think that he's been at UMD long enough to make any deep connections, but he might even know the DMV/Eastern PA area.

**He graduated in '94, so he's not ancient, either.**

Refresh my memory, what number did he wear at Syracuse...:rolleyes: