new running backs coach? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

new running backs coach?

If we could get Terry Richardson, that would be a huge win.

He's a Syracuse grad.
He's had a great deal of success at a northeastern BCS school (UConn - the team was mediocre, but the RB's were good)
He has had NFL experience in that role (Jax)
He has Florida high school connections (I think he was a high school coach, and he coached at the University of Miami, FL)
He currently coaches for a P5 school (UMD), which is a feather in his cap/vote of confidence, but not an insurmountable barrier to him coming here (especially since he is an alum).

The guy knows the northeast, the guy knows Florida, the guy can coach, and the guy can recruit. I don't think that he's been at UMD long enough to make any deep connections, but he might even know the DMV/Eastern PA area.

**He graduated in '94, so he's not ancient, either.**

He had the exact same position at Maryland after leaving the Jaguars. It was just announced last month that he's back at UConn as associate head coach and running back coach. He had previously spent 12 years coaching under Edsall at UConn who gave him his coaching start. Doubt he's in the mix. He wore the honored #44. here as a player,.

Only two weeks before spring practice, I would imagine something has to happen soon.

He had the exact same position at Maryland after leaving the Jaguars. It was just announced last month that he's back at UConn as associate head coach and running back coach. He had previously spent 12 years coaching under Edsall at UConn who gave him his coaching start. Doubt he's in the mix. He wore the honored #44. here as a player,.
I thought he was at UMD now. I guess my info is old.

Either way, I'd kill to have him. It would be a great win for the program.

Maybe you are right.
Everyone should know, looking at Dino's first time speaking to the media Tuesday 3 /21, that he said that all lot of people are interested in the RB job but he's going to be taking his time to find the right fit for the program. So, we'll see who the person is when it happens.

Everyone should know, looking at Dino's first time speaking to the media Tuesday 3 /21, that he said that all lot of people are interested in the RB job but he's going to be taking his time to find the right fit for the program. So, we'll see who the person is when it happens.
Yep, this makes me think it won't be Marshall.

Yep, this makes me think it won't be Marshall.

I found that interesting too. Dino made plenty of connections working his way up the coaching ranks. It will be interesting to learn who the finalists might be for the rb assistant position. These guys are all connected. Hart will soon be a distant memory. He was never a cuse guy or a person i had confidence in to kill it on the recruiting trail.

If the RB coach was named Mike smith and not Mike hart the local guy no one would be paying attention to this. Assistants came and go. Dino will figure it out. I don't care about hart leaving at all.

We will never get many recruits from tx
Time to hire Tim Riggins' older brother

tumblr_inline_mraplrBGF11qz4rgp.gif