New Season Ticket Holder Check In Thread | Syracusefan.com

New Season Ticket Holder Check In Thread

Getting season for the first time in a few years. Section 323,...row C I think. I usually go with my kids and they like to hit M-Street and the Quad, so I'm not a big tailgate candidate, but I want to make a better effort at stopping by. I will probably hit 3-4 games this year. Also going to Penn State game.

Ha. Just called Dome to upgrade my seats from 323 to section 118. They wont let me as, the row I want has 4 available together in the row I want and I only need 3. They don't want to be left with a single.

What a horribly run organization. them. I'll stay upstairs and pay less.

idiots

If you brand new or renewing after a lapse of a couple seasons.

Tell us why you bought, also what section you are in and if you plan to tailgate.

The old guys I promise will "Tee" you up...maybe even get an "AFO"

Great Time to be Orange!
I bought a season ticket for the first time in decades for several reasons. Mainly I wanted to show support for SU with the move to the ACC and for the new coaches. SU needs fan support in football a lot right now. I've also become more engaged in being a fan since finding this board, though before its current manifestation. I've really enjoyed hanging out with Syracusefan.com people and the Fine Lot tailgate. I'd like to keep doing that and a season ticket commits me to showing up whenever I can make it work out. I don't rake leaves but the drive can be too long at times. As for location, I'm in section 302 (around the 40 right by the visitors coaching booth) and like the view and the neighbors. I get to sit with legends.

Ha. Just called Dome to upgrade my seats from 323 to section 118. They wont let me as, the row I want has 4 available together in the row I want and I only need 3. They don't want to be left with a single.

idiots
A horribly run organization would be left trying to sell a single season ticket and swallowing the revenue when it wasn't sold. Seems like a reasonable policy to me. :noidea:

There are singles all over the dome already. The will be 10-15k empty seats a game. Full rows, empty sections. Another empty single wont kill them. Horrible organiozation

idiots
Come on. Buy 4 and find someone to add to your party. You won't regret it.

I just shake my head every time I deal with the Dome Box office. It always sounds like you woke them up from a nap when you call, and when they do wake up, its like talking to a Dunkin Donuts drive thru immigrant. I don't suffer fools gladly and yes I go in expecting the worst, so my radar is up.

BTW, Penn State tickets are in the mail, everyone.

idiots

I worked for a company that Professional and Collegiate teams outsourced their ticket sales to (I sold season and group tickets for the NY Jets, NY Giants, 49ers, Yankees' relocation to new stadium, Atlanta Braves, Virgina Football, Southern Miss Football and Basketball, Phoenix Coyotes, etc) and our policies reflected the teams' policies. I was also a Director of Ticket Operations for a professional indoor football team as well. Every one of their policies were the same. If possible, you don't break up even sets of tickets and leave odd amounts. For example, you don't sell 1 ticket out of a pair of 2 or 3 tickets out of a set of 4. You typically want to leave tickets in pairs because they are easily to sell than single ticket. If someone has a group of 3, you would look for rows that have 5 tickets together thus leaving a set of 2 to sell. That is common practice.

Normally I would agree with you, but not when there are 10k to 15k empty seats for every game.

Normally I would agree with you, but not when there are 10k to 15k empty seats for every game.

I see your point...but the ticket department can't assume they will have 10k to 15k of unused tickets every game. The day of the game is a different story...then you just want to sell the crap out of what you have left.

If you brand new or renewing after a lapse of a couple seasons.

Tell us why you bought, also what section you are in and if you plan to tailgate.

The old guys I promise will "Tee" you up...maybe even get an "AFO"

Great Time to be Orange!

Figured I'd post to say that I am stoked about going to the Dome again this year.

I haven't given up my seats since I started buying season tickets and I look forward to throwing things at TexanMark if I see him. ;)

I see your point...but the ticket department can't assume they will have 10k to 15k of unused tickets every game.
yes they can.

Bought three seats in the boonies, because I have a little money (and they only cost a little money, yay Syracuse!), I ended up going up for three games last year anyway, and I tolerate the four hour drive better than I probably should.

Great choice - section 129 Row N here. Other great Syracusefan.com people in the section also. Easy access to bathrooms, concessions and door to get in and out plus sitting behind the SU bench.
Awesome. I have Section 129 Row S. First time season ticket holder here, as I recently moved back to this area from South Carolina. I went to a few games when I was a kid here, and vividly remember yelling at Miami players.
I really enjoyed following South Carolina football, but Cuse is where my heart is. Not to mention, the average cost of the worst seats in Ralph Wilson stadium were around $65 dollars a ticket. Not sure if I plan on tailgating, as I don't have a permanent holder for my second ticket yet.

There really isn't a bad seat in the Dome. As such, I'm always fascinated by the criteria people use to select their season tickets. In other words, why are your seats your seats?

Do you sit in the first few rows because you like to be close to the action? or do you sit up top so you can get an eagle eye view of plays developing?
Do you sit in "Touchdown Town" because it's the cheapest? or do you sit on the 50 in a preferred section because it's "only the best" for you!
Do you sit on the home side so you can cheer our guys? or do you sit on the vistors side so you can heckle the opponent?
Do you sit smack dab on the 50 so you can get a great view of the whole field? or do you sit in the endzone so you can be right there when someone scores?
Do you need to sit on the aisle so you can easily get in and out? or do you like to sit right in the middle of a row so nobody steps over you?

What went into your thought process when selecting your seat? Why your particular row and not the one in front, or the one behind. Why your section and not the one next to it? Why your level and not the one above/below it?

First timer here... 4 seats in row 2 of Section 320. Excited to get up for a few games, but living in DC will limit me to 3-4 + MetLife + College Park.

Bought because I just couldn't hold out any longer. Ithaca grad, but grew up in Rome. 'Cuse is life for this sportsfan!

First timer here... 4 seats in row 2 of Section 320. Excited to get up for a few games, but living in DC will limit me to 3-4 + MetLife + College Park.

Bought because I just couldn't hold out any longer. Ithaca grad, but grew up in Rome. 'Cuse is life for this sportsfan!
It's a great day to be a Bomber(and a Cuse fan!)
IC class of '90

I just shake my head every time I deal with the Dome Box office. It always sounds like you woke them up from a nap when you call, and when they do wake up, its like talking to a Dunkin Donuts drive thru immigrant. I don't suffer fools gladly and yes I go in expecting the worst, so my radar is up.

BTW, Penn State tickets are in the mail, everyone.
Their idiots I try to avoid them as much as possible

Not a new season ticket holder, but I may share season tickets with the OLDEST season ticket holder. Happy to say I will be sharing season tickets with my 93 year old Grandfather again. He has had the same 4 seats since 1984, 119 2 in Row L, 2 in Row M. We will also be heading down to MetLife.