New song to enter the dome to... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

New song to enter the dome to...

Well first, you need to have the crowd actually be not afraid to be loud and stand and cheer and be excited

An older classic rock song such as Enter Sandman make great entrance songs to get the crowd hyped…old and young.

If the crowd is “jumping” and standing up and cheering that hypes up the team anymore.

What a lot of fans that go to the dome don’t realize in my opinion is that fans can literally be an extra player for the team. They play a HUGE role in games.

Well first, you need to have the crowd actually be not afraid to be loud and stand and cheer and be excited

An older classic rock song such as Enter Sandman make great entrance songs to get the crowd hyped…old and young.

If the crowd is “jumping” and standing up and cheering that hypes up the team anymore.

What a lot of fans that go to the dome don’t realize in my opinion is that fans can literally be an extra player for the team. They play a HUGE role in games.
I think the fans in the Dome do realize this, the crowds this year have been great making noise on third down and Goaline plays, just not a whole lot of us in comparison to others. The Dome for some of the games in the 90s is the loudest place I have ever been and I have been to quite a few stadiums.

I think the fans in the Dome do realize this, the crowds this year have been great making noise on third down and Goaline plays, just not a whole lot of us in comparison to others. The Dome for some of the games in the 90s is the loudest place I have ever been and I have been to quite a few stadiums.

Yeah, I think that’s my issue….. “on third down and goal line plays.”

Look at VT every single down people are loud and cheering.

Almost everyone stands the entire game…

This stuff goes deeper than just being an advantage for the team. It’s also huge in recruiting.

If I’m a kid and I am comparing say Virginia Tech to Syracuse and I love both of them equally but one (Virginia tech) the fans are into the game every single play from the moment we enter the stadium to the end of the game that’s probably enough to push me over the edge and go there over Syracuse.

This kind of stuff happens in recruiting….Syracuse athletics as a whole needs to find a way to get fans more engaged during the game, it’ll make a world off difference in my opinion

It would be interesting to know how much "fan support" plays into a high schooler's choice of college. I kinda think it would be a minor factor, at best. Probably comes after coaching staff, training facilities, recent draft success, academics, living facilities, location, weather, girls met on a recruiting visit, etc.

ok . we have a coach named DINO. (stay with me.) lights go down . and then midfield a giant gong is lit.
the cheerleaders or a specially selected guest bang this humongous orange gong twelve times.
(cue music) . it's T-REX (that's the dino hook) and the team exits the tunnel 2 x 2 in the style and flair exhibited below. and let's hope no-one gets injured shaken' that bacon..

(cue video): yeah it's 9 minutes of marvelous funky getdown. and i luv it.

bang a gong and GET IT ON !

(people are almost evenly divided about the meaning of “Bang A Gong,” with slightly less than half believing the phrase refers to drugs, slightly less than half who think it is a reference to sexual activity, and the remaining fraction who responded either “don’t know” or “couldn’t care less.”)

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know how much "fan support" plays into a high schooler's choice of college. I kinda think it would be a minor factor, at best. Probably comes after coaching staff, training facilities, recent draft success, academics, living facilities, location, weather, girls met on a recruiting visit, etc.
Tbh the fan support probably matters more then girls met. That’s an overrated aspect of this especially when a good chunk of players have girlfriends already.

I mean, if I’m a kid and an all star and D1 prospect and I’ve been dreaming of playing in packed stadiums and hearing the crowd go wild, and cheering for me and my team, it’s probably going to matter.

That Virginia Tech entrance is unbelievable. Having every fan do the “lets go” on one side and then having the other side chant “Hokies” and then they play the song enter sandman and the whole stadium is rocking and literally shaking.

Yeah, if I’m a player, I want that.

No way you can convince me that doesn’t matter at all.

I’ll give you that it’s not everything, but if I’m on the fence between two schools. That’s is going to be what puts me over the edge.

"The younger crowd" isn't listening to nu-metal

First not true ... but go with Billie Eilish then ... that'll work :confused:. That young enough? This is about fan engagement not about blaring crap that no one will stand up and cheer to.

i really feel like you could announce Oprah-style that everyone in attendance was getting a check on the way out of the Dome for a million bucks, and half the crowd would golf clap and remain seated.

i really feel like you could announce Oprah-style that everyone in attendance was getting a check on the way out of the Dome for a million bucks, and half the crowd would golf clap and remain seated.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I don’t feel like looking through this entire thread but did anyone mention du hast by rammstein?

If no one mentioned it I always thought Ain’t Talking about Love by Van Halen would be a great entrance song. Yea I know it is an ancient song.

Well this is interesting... It appears we play music that the PLAYERS want to hear in the tunnel to get them hyped before coming out. And it's not Guns N Roses or Ozzy Osbourne.

Yeah this thread is great.

The gap between what the average STH wants to hear to get pumped up before they watch the game and what the players want to hear to get jacked before they play the game is amusing.

Takes me back to high school when we’d throw some Chief Keef or Waka Flocka on the warmup CD because we knew it would bother a nice chunk of adults in the gym. Better days

I bet every team plays what they want to hear in the tunnel/locker room.
Correct, and they should play it during the actual game on the speakers in the Dome.

Picture this:

The Dome is pitch black. Suddenly, an Orange lightsaber appears on the jumbotron. Then, the voice of Yoda: "Do or Do Not! There is no try"

Enter John Williams:

Picture this:

The Dome is pitch black. Suddenly, an Orange lightsaber appears on the jumbotron. Then, the voice of Yoda: "Do or Do Not! There is no try"

Enter John Williams:
Great idea. Maybe the best yet, but it needs to be the Imperial March. Embrace the villain role we play in this conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom