New strength coach | Syracusefan.com

New strength coach

kcsu

Living Legend
Interesting read on him. Extremely eclectic individual. Provides good insight on Dino.

I like that he workouts out w the kids . Kids respect him and you can't teach without respect . Tommy D is now 210 lbs and benched 340 looking forward for coach to improve him

I can't imagine Edinger and Devito have done much of anything except maybe Edinger giving him a work out but any of that would be post 2/1. Once he has him on campus it will be much better for TD

Is he just for football? I apologize if the question has already been asked/answered.

Is he just for football? I apologize if the question has already been asked/answered.
Yes. I looked it up to be sure - his title is Assistant Athletic Director / Athletic Performance (Football).

Been following him on instagram ever since dino was hired. hes the real deal, he doesnt just love lifting the guy lives it and seems like a super cool person to hangout with. Nice to see the program get a shot of modern training from some new blood.

I like that he workouts out w the kids . Kids respect him and you can't teach without respect . Tommy D is now 210 lbs and benched 340 looking forward for coach to improve him
Yeah great article. What does TD squat and deadlift?

Yeah great article. What does TD squat and deadlift?
Here is a pic from his last gym session.
atlas.png

College trainers don't have kids dead lift for whatever reason. Dead lifts are great for overall strength but it is by far the most taxing exercise , your body actually releases a tiny amount of natural growth hormone to counter the duress that deadlifts and squats for that matter put your body through

College trainers don't have kids dead lift for whatever reason. Dead lifts are great for overall strength but it is by far the most taxing exercise , your body actually releases a tiny amount of natural growth hormone to counter the duress that deadlifts and squats for that matter put your body through
Agreed. Dead lifts are probably THE best overall lift a person can do. They wear me out more so than any other lift.

Wow that's good. Interesting that he's higher on squat.
My max dead was about 40 lbs lighter than my max squat. I know of a guy that can dead lift 700+, but his squat is 650ish.

Yep testosterone release exercise. I don't understand not doing it at college level. Especially if squatting.

Agreed. Dead lifts are probably THE best overall lift a person can do. They wear me out more so than any other lift.

My max dead was about 40 lbs lighter than my max squat. I know of a guy that can dead lift 700+, but his squat is 650ish.
Yeah that seems more common to me. I know i squat less just because of stability etc

At least deadlifting a natural movement, picking things up. Squats is not a natural movement, at least it doesn't seem so to me, so I'd assume it's the more dangerous of the two.

At least deadlifting a natural movement, picking things up. Squats is not a natural movement, at least it doesn't seem so to me, so I'd assume it's the more dangerous of the two.

how is squatting not a natural movement?

how is squatting not a natural movement?

Back squats? when do you ever lift something like that? I could see front squats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom