Class of 2023 - New Transfer: Gregory Elijah-Brown (ON: Hill Acad) Attack / Transfer from OCC | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 New Transfer: Gregory Elijah-Brown (ON: Hill Acad) Attack / Transfer from OCC

Agree .. then need a 3rd line
Dont think there is any way he plays that much this year with Thomson English and Stevens all being righties. Next year with English and Stevens gone he could maybe sneak into the top 6 middies.

Last edited:
Very interesting addition, Staats like numbers at OOC but very much a distributor as well with a lot of assists each year. I know playing midfield was mentioned but this doesn't feel like an addition to play midfield. I would assume he has 3 years to play 2 so perhaps a redshirt could be in play as its hard to see both he and Deere being able to see the field this year (Deere could be the RS candidate). When you look at SU's offense this seems like a curious addition at first glance but that 3rd attack spot is still sticking out like a sore thumb and Brown adds that assist ability that you need to compliment Joey and Hiltz. SU has taken in some OCC transfers in the past strictly for depth pieces but I don't believe this is the case here, I'd keep an eye on Brown for that 3rd attack spot maybe even a split with Mule.

Very interesting addition, Staats like numbers at OOC but very much a distributor as well with a lot of assists each year. I know playing midfield was mentioned but this doesn't feel like an addition to play midfield. I would assume he has 3 years to play 2 so perhaps a redshirt could be in play as its hard to see both he and Deere being able to see the field this year (Deere could be the RS candidate). When you look at SU's offense this seems like a curious addition at first glance but that 3rd attack spot is still sticking out like a sore thumb and Brown adds that assist ability that you need to compliment Joey and Hiltz. SU has taken in some OCC transfers in the past strictly for depth pieces but I don't believe this is the case here, I'd keep an eye on Brown for that 3rd attack spot maybe even a split with Mule.
I am sure your source is reliable, but I still find it very hard to believe that Thomson is completely out of the running for the third attack spot. This guy looks like a good one for sure, but we are nowhere near seeing Thomson's ceiling at the D1 level. If we need distribution to compliment Hiltz and Spallina, how could there possibly be a better candidate than Thomson? The only type of guy I see capable of beating him out is a significantly better dodger, which is how Kirst saw time there. They gave Thomson the starting attack spot in at least 3 or 4 games last season. It being written in stone that he is going to play less attack as a Sophomore than as a Freshman just seems impossible to me.

I am sure your source is reliable, but I still find it very hard to believe that Thomson is completely out of the running for the third attack spot. This guy looks like a good one for sure, but we are nowhere near seeing Thomson's ceiling at the D1 level. If we need distribution to compliment Hiltz and Spallina, how could there possibly be a better candidate than Thomson? The only type of guy I see capable of beating him out is a significantly better dodger, which is how Kirst saw time there. They gave Thomson the starting attack spot in at least 3 or 4 games last season. It being written in stone that he is going to play less attack as a Sophomore than as a Freshman just seems impossible to me.

Thomson was who I wanted to see at the attack spot but I believe he only started 1 game at attack and that appear to be matchup specific. Thomson is a great player but his dodging ability or lack thereof I have been told makes moving back to attack a non-starter from what I have been told. SU wants him at midfield and hope to get him on a short stick.

Good analysis. I am not a Elija-Brown expert by any means but the assist numbers are impressive. A lot of the highlights I've found (Gregory Elijah-Brown on Hudl) show him primarily as a finisher. He throws some downright silly fakes, I think there is a fake behind the back one that is pretty crazy. I haven't seen the assist highlights so I'm not sure how he's racking those up. His play does remind me a lot of Staats, perhaps a bit shorter but thicker. Definitely do not see him a midfielder.

Definitely nice to have another OCC player in the fold, as well as another Hill Academy player.

Good analysis. I am not a Elija-Brown expert by any means but the assist numbers are impressive. A lot of the highlights I've found (Gregory Elijah-Brown on Hudl) show him primarily as a finisher. He throws some downright silly fakes, I think there is a fake behind the back one that is pretty crazy. I haven't seen the assist highlights so I'm not sure how he's racking those up. His play does remind me a lot of Staats, perhaps a bit shorter but thicker. Definitely do not see him a midfielder.

Definitely nice to have another OCC player in the fold, as well as another Hill Academy player.

Ya I'm also no expert on Brown but from what I have seen I don't see him playing midfield at this level, he appears to be a pure attackmen type. He's going to have a shot at that third attack spot, if he can showcase that passing ability he's gonna have a big leg up.

Gregory Elijah-Brown, welcome to​

IMG_7779.gif

Would love for this kid to just come in and add another legit option to the offense. 183 points is just laughable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom