New Update (Sorry folks its now a waiting game) | Syracusefan.com

New Update (Sorry folks its now a waiting game)

chakka3421

All Conference
With the mods jumping all over me, didn't really want to post this but here goes (and yes from source - I hate this as much as anyone).

HCDM wants out unless things change dramatically. Every time he requests resources from (whoever you decide since i wont implicate some, not all, of the members of the BoT this time) its a major uphill battle - be it staff comp, facilities resources, contracts, etc. Need proof - ribbon boards for fans or upgraded locker rooms for players - if you give HCDM the choice on how to spend the money, what choice do you think he would make first? After 4 years, still no practice facility just for football (think Melo center - where is the football equivalent)?

He is just tired of fighting major uphill battles for minor things versus having an administration that supports football - I don't think he has ever asked for a blank check either, I am told HCDM is frugal. Remember he coached at GT & Tennessee - very little resistance to support football at those schools.

If the Bills offer, he is gone. Done. Game over. TGD knows this. Sorry folks.

However, if SU (powers at be) come back with a Charlie Strong level offer - by the weekend - he stays. It's that simple. Time will tell and we may never know the real truth - HCDM is such a professional he would never say anything bad about SU. All we can do is wait and see.

Well, good for him. Funny how sometimes your dream job isn't always what you dream it to be.

If SU wont support one of it's own, dont see how we'll support an outsider.

Well time is here for decisions to be made. We shall see what shakes out. Bills may not even offer the job, or possibly th BoT comes through and agrees to make changes to step up and continue to improve the football program.

I don't think Bills offer him, but Chiefs and/or Bears might.

Chiefs might but there is zero chance he gets the Bears job. I can almost guarantee that and it's not based on just being a Bears fan.

Chiefs might but there is zero chance he gets the Bears job. I can almost guarantee that and it's not based on just being a Bears fan.

Could be, I don't know. Just referring to Jason La Canfora's tweet about it:

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora
Will be interesting to see if close pals Emery (CHI) and Pioli (KC) get into a duel for Syracuse coach Doug Marrone. both very high on him

What happens if no one in the NFL decides to offer Marrone a head coaching job?

I don't know if any of this stuff is true, but if so, it makes us sound a lot like BC.

Which is also the reason I wouldn't want Shafer to just be handed the keys.

gone

the admin will whiff

TGD may follow suit shortly thereafter

You are more spot on than you know. TGD phrased it this way - "as long as I am AD, HCDM will always have a job here". When Cantor leaves, TGD could easily get the boot with a new Chancellor coming in and bringing in their own staff.

Their is so much uncertainly up on he hill it's beyond belief - nuff said for me for now.

very much like BC

lame duck with Cantor, and a BoT that dislikes TGD

Oh hey, so apparently we changed our name to Boston College. Wasn't aware.

You are more spot on than you know. TGD phrased it this way - "as long as I am AD, HCDM will always have a job here". When Cantor leaves, TGD could easily get the boot with a new Chancellor coming in and bringing in their own staff.

Their is so much uncertainly up on he hill it's beyond belief - nuff said for me for now.

Fire our best AD in years. If that happens, then what hope is there?

With the mods jumping all over me, didn't really want to post this but here goes (and yes from source - I hate this as much as anyone).

HCDM wants out unless things change dramatically. Every time he requests resources from (whoever you decide since i wont implicate some, not all, of the members of the BoT this time) its a major uphill battle - be it staff comp, facilities resources, contracts, etc. Need proof - ribbon boards for fans or upgraded locker rooms for players - if you give HCDM the choice on how to spend the money, what choice do you think he would make first? After 4 years, still no practice facility just for football (think Melo center - where is the football equivalent)?

He is just tired of fighting major uphill battles for minor things versus having an administration that supports football - I don't think he has ever asked for a blank check either, I am told HCDM is frugal. Remember he coached at GT & Tennessee - very little resistance to support football at those schools.

However, if SU (powers at be) come back with a Charlie Strong level offer - by the weekend - he stays. It's that simple. Time will tell and we may never know the real truth - HCDM is such a professional he would never say anything bad about SU. All we can do is wait and see.

You again equate the Melo Center with the football facility. You need to learn how the Melo Center was paid for.

You also say that if Marrone gets a Charlie Strong level offer, he stays. First, I don't think that is as big a deal as you think and second, if that is what it takes, then the facilities must not be a big deal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

What happens if no one in the NFL decides to offer Marrone a head coaching job?
This thing with the BoT will just be put on hold for a year, and next year it will reheat to a boiling point yet again.

My guess is DM goes on his interviews, and doesn't get the job yet. I don't think he is ready, and I think the NFL guys will realize he isn't ready yet, and he will be back for at least one more year before moving on

Ordinarily, I would use various symbols in replying. But, given the situation, I won't.

YOU ARE FULL OF !

Need proof - ribbon boards for fans or upgraded locker rooms for players - if you give HCDM the choice on how to spend the money, what choice do you think he would make first? After 4 years, still no practice facility just for football (think Melo center - where is the football equivalent)?

He just got brand new lockers and a players lounge at the football complex at Manley. He has an 80 yard indoor practice facility at his beck and call, and he can use the Dome for practice with a phone call on most days.

And weren't the ribbon board were donated by Pepsi?

It would seem to me that SU made the best use of the funds they had available.

Bees - missing my point and others - we are at a major crossroads entering the ACC and the BoT hopefully understands this given the changing landscape. The group thought at the top needs to rethink its priorities.

I fully admit I am not privy to what goes on at the BoT level (cannot speak for source), but not all BoT members are strong supporters of the football program. I do know that academics is first and foremost as it should be at SU, but it is not a football BoT like at a SEC school. Point being the group thought needs to change to be somewhere in the middle.

However, it is now a waiting game.

He just got brand new lockers and a players lounge at the football complex at Manley. He has an 80 yard indoor practice facility at his beck and call, and he can use the Dome for practice with a phone call on most days.

And weren't the ribbon board were donated by Pepsi?

It would seem to me that SU made the best use of the funds they had available.

OH DAMN, 80 YARD PRACTICE FACILITY? Excuse me if I agree with Doug here and say that really isn't going to cut it. Can you imagine telling Boeheim to use a half court practice facility and simply deal with it?

Losing Darryl could be worse than Doug. He dragged SU kicking and screaming into this century. The thought of losing him and SU hiring a Jake clone to replace him is depressing.

Yeah, if anything that's more distressing. I mean, let's forget basketball and football here, without him are our Olympic sports nearly as competitive nationally as they are now? Is the woman's bball team as good as it is now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom