New Update (Sorry folks its now a waiting game) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New Update (Sorry folks its now a waiting game)

Well there's a patient and appreciative fanbase. ;)

If you take the reports at face value that he has issues with the SU fanbase then how does he ever expect to make it in the NFL? Unless he goes somewhere were they are apathetic like Arizona he is in for a lot worse than he ever got in upstate NY.

I don't like all the decisions Gross has made (*cough* Metlife *cough*), but there's no denying he saved Syracuse Athletics. Without him do we even get into the ACC?

If Marrone leaves I'd give Hackett the keys.

Agree on Hackett. Huge upside. Give him a 4 year contract with a low buyout and let him audition next year. At this point there just arent that many good candidates out there and I would like some continuity. I think he can be a great head coach in the future, so why not give him a head start.

Unless we can get Tressel.

I don't like all the decisions Gross has made (*cough* Metlife *cough*), but there's no denying he saved Syracuse Athletics. Without him do we even get into the ACC?

If Marrone leaves I'd give Hackett the keys.

I don't think there is a chance that Hackett gets the keys. He had one good year as a OC and I think he has a lot to learn still.

Then how do you sell Andy Reid? To people who enjoy watching man-walruses patrol the sideline?

Going to 5 NFC title games and a Superbowl is a helluva lot easier sell than pitching Chan Gailey ... thats how.

If Marrone is offered and accepts an NFL job, how does that prove anything you said. You think a half dozen teams are interested in him because the BOT won't pony up $25m? I'm betting if we had the best facilities in college football, teams would be interested in him.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Question for the group. If HCDM had the best facilities in the ACC would he be interviewing for an NFL job?

Then how do you sell Andy Reid? To people who enjoy watching man-walruses patrol the sideline?
5 nfc title games and 1 super bowl vs 2 pinstripe bowls. hmmm

Ask uconn fans what happens when you replace a visionary AD with someone who isn't. They went from having buzz around their football program to hiring P and upsetting their biggest benefactor. They replaced him with someone who has managed to piss off their fans in less than a year on the job.

Respectfully and strongly disagree with your premise that TGD is a "visionary."

Question for the group. If HCDM had the best facilities in the ACC would he be interviewing for an NFL job?

I don't think so ... especially if he has a top half ACC salary ... in my heart I want to believe he doesn't.

Andy Reid is a much easier sell than many other coaches you could mention including a college coach with a .500 winning percentage after 4 years. 130-93-1 over 14 seasons in the NFL can be sold to many fan bases.

5 nfc title games and 1 super bowl vs 2 pinstripe bowls. hmmm

Don't get me wrong. He started great. The last 8 years? 1 NFC championship game. If you want to hear a diatribe ask any eagles fan (the sane ones also apply) about him.

You again equate the Melo Center with the football facility. You need to learn how the Melo Center was paid for.

You also say that if Marrone gets a Charlie Strong level offer, he stays. First, I don't think that is as big a deal as you think and second, if that is what it takes, then the facilities must not be a big deal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Damn, Bees. Why do you have to make sense?

Why do we always have to be "the full of ****" group when a poster provides information? I post tons of information that i hear most of which comes for very good sources. Half the time it is off base it doesnt make it "full of ****" This is a fan board and a really good one. If you dont believe the post dont believe it. I believe that Chakka has been told by someone that is close enough to the program some info that may be credible. It might end up being BS but so what. Good post Chakka most of us hope that your info is full of ****:) Keep the info coming!

I'm good with the full of it - time will tell - just relaying 2 points that I was told:
1. No contract extension just a small bump in current one
2. Uphill battle every time HCDM wants to upgrade so we don't lose recruiting battles based upon facilities - you don't want to give recruits reasons not to come here and the practice facility has been on the table for 4 years and counting
I can take the heat because I trust this source and he is really concerned way beyond normal.

So which is it? Does Doug want more $$$ That can be worked out. Does he want more $$ from the BOT. Maybe not. They have a University (remember there is a university that comes with the football team) that comes first. Is Doug mad because some internet posters have been mean? Or there have been mean letters? What can I tell you? People are nasty everywhere. It won't be any different in Kansas. A former packer coach had his dog shot. If it's money for the coach. Okay. If it's money for the program, keep winning. You'll get it. Did he expect to have clout after losing 8 straight games to D-1 programs? If it's about mean people, then maybe he better leave. But if that is the case, he is in for a sad surprise.

I'm good with the full of it - time will tell - just relaying 2 points that I was told:
1. No contract extension just a small bump in current one
2. Uphill battle every time HCDM wants to upgrade so we don't lose recruiting battles based upon facilities - you don't want to give recruits reasons not to come here and the practice facility has been on the table for 4 years and counting
I can take the heat because I trust this source and he is really concerned way beyond normal.
chakka, when did he expect these changes? When his team laid an egg every time there was a game at home to put us over the hump? He has an argument now. I don't think he will get a job. I hope it doesn't cost us any recruits.

With the mods jumping all over me, didn't really want to post this but here goes (and yes from source - I hate this as much as anyone).

HCDM wants out unless things change dramatically. Every time he requests resources from (whoever you decide since i wont implicate some, not all, of the members of the BoT this time) its a major uphill battle - be it staff comp, facilities resources, contracts, etc. Need proof - ribbon boards for fans or upgraded locker rooms for players - if you give HCDM the choice on how to spend the money, what choice do you think he would make first? After 4 years, still no practice facility just for football (think Melo center - where is the football equivalent)?

He is just tired of fighting major uphill battles for minor things versus having an administration that supports football - I don't think he has ever asked for a blank check either, I am told HCDM is frugal. Remember he coached at GT & Tennessee - very little resistance to support football at those schools.

If the Bills offer, he is gone. Done. Game over. TGD knows this. Sorry folks.

However, if SU (powers at be) come back with a Charlie Strong level offer - by the weekend - he stays. It's that simple. Time will tell and we may never know the real truth - HCDM is such a professional he would never say anything bad about SU. All we can do is wait and see.

So when Manley Field House was redone in 2010 to be an indoor practice facility that wasn't the administration supporting the football program? That renovation wasn't for free and while we all know that wasn't a permanent solution for a football only indoor practice that was money the school spent to support the athletics department.

Respectfully and strongly disagree with your premise that TGD is a "visionary."

I too think visionary is a bit strong, but I will also say that TGD has had a major impact on our AD, the respective performances on the field, and how SU sports are envisioned nationally. Are you saying that you disagree with that?

I too think visionary is a bit strong, but I will also say that TGD has had a major impact on our AD, the respective performances on the field, and how SU sports are envisioned nationally. Are you saying that you disagree with that?
Yes.

So when Manley Field House was redone in 2010 to be an indoor practice facility that wasn't the administration supporting the football program? That renovation wasn't for free and while we all know that wasn't a permanent solution for a football only indoor practice that was money the school spent to support the athletics department.
thats like needing a bathroom remodel and getting a new shower head. AS IB has said. lipstick on a pig

Considering it was Pepsi that funded the ribbon boards/scoreboards i dont see how that is relevant. Had nothing to do with donations being used for that project
Who got Pepsi to fund the boards? They didn't do it out of good will in a vacuum

Who got Pepsi to fund the boards? They didn't do it out of good will in a vacuum
Until the Dome starts selling Diet Mtn Dew on tap, I'm boycotting all mens rowing matches

Marrone was obviously a home run hire since he might get an NFL job. Dr Gross earned his pay with that one and has no one to answer to because of it. Because of it if Marrone leaves he has my trust to make the correct hire.

And my feelings on Met Life games are negative but I understand most alums don't live in CNY so he wants to put games in NY to keep alumni attending sporting events and its how he gets USC and ND on the schedule. I wish they could be in Cuse to sell more season tickets but oh well.

Dr Gross has been an excellent representative of our University since he hasn't mouthed off publicly like DeFillipo or UConn AD and is a class act whenever he does interviews too. Once the football gets itself firmly back to its place with 9 and 10 win seasons every year the facilities will find themselves up to par nationally I am not concerned about it. We aren't a pubic university that serves as the pro team for some backwards hick ass state so he can't just tap into public funds to pay for things like coaches and practice facilities either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom