New Update (Sorry folks its now a waiting game) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Update (Sorry folks its now a waiting game)

OH DAMN, 80 YARD PRACTICE FACILITY? Excuse me if I agree with Doug here and say that really isn't going to cut it. Can you imagine telling Boeheim to use a half court practice facility and simply deal with it?

You know, there's a 120 yard practice facility just up the road a bit. Even has a domed roof and everything.

Just that the indoor field at Manley is more convenient when weather prevents using the two outdoor fields.

And if you ever attended one of the open Spring Practices, you'd know that the missing 40 yards of space at Manley don't make a damn bit of difference.

What happens if no one in the NFL decides to offer Marrone a head coaching job?
He stays and does this again a year from now when the next round of NFL openings

Both would be a huge loss, what is more concerning to me is the timing. THe move to the ACC needs stability across all of the sports at SU. IF TGD were to leave in the next year it would be at least another 1 or 2 before we got a full time AD. New president will want to hire their own person. This is all very concerning to me. We are clearly at a cross roads.

I have heard the exact same information that Chaka has. He's more on target than not. Not sure why CTO is totally denying his claims.

Ordinarily, I would use various symbols in replying. But, given the situation, I won't.

YOU ARE FULL OF ****!

I certainly hope so. I really hope my source is wrong. I really love what HCDM has done - its a waiting game now. We will see who is full of it.

If the Bills offer, he is gone. Done. Game over. TGD knows this. Sorry folks.

Fun fact:

The "newly" empowered President/CEO of the Bills is Russ Brandon...a Syracuse native and member of the Advisory Board of the David Falk College of Sports & Human Dynamics at SU.

I certainly hope so. I really hope my source is wrong. I really love what HCDM has done - its a waiting game now. We will see who is full of it.
Why do we always have to be "the full of " group when a poster provides information? I post tons of information that i hear most of which comes for very good sources. Half the time it is off base it doesnt make it "full of " This is a fan board and a really good one. If you dont believe the post dont believe it. I believe that Chakka has been told by someone that is close enough to the program some info that may be credible. It might end up being BS but so what. Good post Chakka most of us hope that your info is full of :) Keep the info coming!

You are more spot on than you know. TGD phrased it this way - "as long as I am AD, HCDM will always have a job here". When Cantor leaves, TGD could easily get the boot with a new Chancellor coming in and bringing in their own staff.

Their is so much uncertainly up on he hill it's beyond belief - nuff said for me for now.

TGD could easily get the boot? No. Freaking. Way.

Sorry, no real issue with the rest of your post or the OP (and realize you are just the messenger here), but TGD getting the boot is ridiculous. The list of improvements that guy has made across the board in all sports is huge.

Oh yeah...and we're in the ACC, out of the sinking ship that is the BE, and we're not on the outside looking in like UCONN. And we didn't sue anybody to get there and didn't waffle when it came time to move. TGD made all that happen and that's not an easy job.

44cuse

Strongly disagree

Ask uconn fans what happens when you replace a visionary AD with someone who isn't. They went from having buzz around their football program to hiring P and upsetting their biggest benefactor. They replaced him with someone who has managed to piss off their fans in less than a year on the job.

Fun fact:

The "newly" empowered President/CEO of the Bills is Russ Brandon...a Syracuse native and member of the Advisory Board of the David Falk College of Sports & Human Dynamics at SU.

You missed the most important part. He is an ESM grad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

With the mods jumping all over me, didn't really want to post this but here goes (and yes from source - I hate this as much as anyone).

HCDM wants out unless things change dramatically. Every time he requests resources from (whoever you decide since i wont implicate some, not all, of the members of the BoT this time) its a major uphill battle - be it staff comp, facilities resources, contracts, etc. Need proof - ribbon boards for fans or upgraded locker rooms for players - if you give HCDM the choice on how to spend the money, what choice do you think he would make first? After 4 years, still no practice facility just for football (think Melo center - where is the football equivalent)?

He is just tired of fighting major uphill battles for minor things versus having an administration that supports football - I don't think he has ever asked for a blank check either, I am told HCDM is frugal. Remember he coached at GT & Tennessee - very little resistance to support football at those schools.

If the Bills offer, he is gone. Done. Game over. TGD knows this. Sorry folks.

However, if SU (powers at be) come back with a Charlie Strong level offer - by the weekend - he stays. It's that simple. Time will tell and we may never know the real truth - HCDM is such a professional he would never say anything bad about SU. All we can do is wait and see.

Considering it was Pepsi that funded the ribbon boards/scoreboards i dont see how that is relevant. Had nothing to do with donations being used for that project

If Marrone is offered and accepts an NFL job, how does that prove anything you said. You think a half dozen teams are interested in him because the BOT won't pony up $25m? I'm betting if we had the best facilities in college football, teams would be interested in him.

JailedSpongeBob@JailedSpongeBob
The Philadelphia Eagles have expressed interest in Syracuse Head Coach Doug Marrone.
So who is "Jailed SpongeBob"??
I sure wish folks would stop posting anonymous tweets. Unless they can definitely be attributed to someone with credibility, IMO they are no more than meaningless musings of some uninformed dweeb and his computer.

What happens if no one in the NFL decides to offer Marrone a head coaching job?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8800439/andy-reid-favorite-become-arizona-cardinals-coach-sources

In this game of musical chairs, perhaps one chair has been eliminated. While I had not heard DM's name associated with the Cards, there is likely a ripple effect.

Hopefully for us, DM will not be offered an NFLHC job.

I think we all want DM to stay and the facility to get built. Cmon, BOT, git 'er done.

I have heard the exact same information that Chaka has. He's more on target than not. Not sure why CTO is totally denying his claims.

No you haven't.

And what did she deny? That Marrone is being interviewed? No. She clarified how things work vs how it was expressed in the very first paragraph of the very first post.

As with all things on this board, best to just wait for facts.

I don't like all the decisions Gross has made (*cough* Metlife *cough*), but there's no denying he saved Syracuse Athletics. Without him do we even get into the ACC?

If Marrone leaves I'd give Hackett the keys.

Fun fact:

And he's currently in Phoenix having dinner with Ken Whisenhunt.

she has too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom