New WR Coach / Passing Game Coordinator: Ross Douglas (Official) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New WR Coach / Passing Game Coordinator: Ross Douglas (Official)

Didn’t we already hire Dale Williams as OL coach?

I don't think we can afford new coaches and new analysts at every single position.

But if we can get one of those "sports psychologists" like Michigan has, I'll allow it.

Didn’t we already hire Dale Williams as OL coach?

That's what I thought too but he's not on the coach list:

Maybe the list just isn't up to date and/or he's not on site yet??

The list has Johnson and Nunz both doing tight ends as well...

SU is announcing a new coach a day.

Nixon wasn't on there a few days ago.

Yeah but Dale Williams was in the media as the OL coach like a month ago... I'm guessing maybe he's not on campus yet for whatever reason and they will announce him and add to the directory when he arrives?

Yeah but Dale Williams was in the media as the OL coach like a month ago... I'm guessing maybe he's not on campus yet for whatever reason and they will announce him and add to the directory when he arrives?

They don't have Wegmans in Louisville. It takes time to get a Wegmans Shoppers Club Card.

I was amazed to see the other day that Bob Wylie is still coaching

In 2018 he coached the Browns OL and most recently was in the CFL.

Still find it hard to believe that Greg Robinson passed away two years ago. Very sad.

Last edited:
Just guessing but It may depend on his contract with Louisville. Contracts are usually for one year for position coaches. January/February is normally hiring season for coaches.

I don't think we can afford new coaches and new analysts at every single position.

But if we can get one of those "sports psychologists" like Michigan has, I'll allow it.
I might know someone who would take that "sports psychologist" job for free. ;)

Welcome Coach Douglas​

IMG_1547.jpeg

Son of a high school English teacher here: I wince when the interview begins with "Me and Fran Brown" rather than "Fran Brown and I". But maybe the kids would listen to a coach who starts his talk like that more than one who did not.
If you worry about that you wouldn't get many of the inner city kids who use football to get out.

Son of a high school English teacher here: I wince when the interview begins with "Me and Fran Brown" rather than "Fran Brown and I". But maybe the kids would listen to a coach who starts his talk like that more than one who did not.
You last sentence is correct. And while I agree with you, to youngsters we sound like Emerson Winchester III.

You last sentence is correct. And while I agree with you, to youngsters we sound like Emerson Winchester III.
Shouldn’t we be teaching students the correct way of using language instead of just purely using them for their athletic ability though? I mean, the University of Syracuse has become a joke but it shouldn’t be.

I’m as guilty as the next person in wanting my team to win, but I’ve always hated that we churn ‘em and burn ‘em and I always will.

Shouldn’t we be teaching students the correct way of using language instead of just purely using them for their athletic ability though? I mean, the University of Syracuse has become a joke but it shouldn’t be.

I’m as guilty as the next person in wanting my team to win, but I’ve always hated that we churn ‘em and burn ‘em and I always will.
University of Syracuse is not a misuse of language. There is nothing about it that is grammatically incorrect. It’s simply an error.

University of Syracuse is not a misuse of language. There is nothing about it that is grammatically incorrect. It’s simply an error.
It’s still incorrect. Point stands.

I found this on a bunch of discussion sites on use of Me first

“Someone and I” is correct when you want to use it in the subjective case (i.e., “someone and I are going together”). “Someone and me” is correct when you want to use the objective case (i.e., “it affected someone and me”). “Me and someone” is correct but rarely used.

I think this is the objective case so its actually OK? As most know I am far from a English teacher

I found this on a bunch of discussion sites on use of Me first

“Someone and I” is correct when you want to use it in the subjective case (i.e., “someone and I are going together”). “Someone and me” is correct when you want to use the objective case (i.e., “it affected someone and me”). “Me and someone” is correct but rarely used.

I think this is the objective case so its actually OK? As most know I am far from a English teacher
No, it's the subjective case when you and Fran are doing something.