New York approves limited sports betting rules | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New York approves limited sports betting rules

I was at the TS on Sunday.

I placed a few baseball bets, I gambled, I met my parents for lunch, I gambled some more, and I cashed in my winning tickets on the way out.

I didn't go just to watch TV for 3 hours.
I think the concept works during NFL Sundays, NCAA Football Saturdays and March Madness. That's when the money flows.

TS has some kinks to work out. The giant pre-existing column in the middle of the seats not ideal for viewing experience either. Blocks one of the big TVs from half the seats. Like sitting behind the foul pole at Fenway.
Yeah. The giant load-bearing column is directly in front of the TVs. Not ideal. The front row couches are reserved for $1,500 min. spend. You also get control of the remote for 2 TVs per couch for the $1,500. The “everything” boneless wings and Fiddlehead on tap were delicious.

I went to point place Sunday. It’s way better setup than TS and was told YBR will be even better than Point place. Bartender at PP said it’s been dead for the first 3 days but obviously they expect that to change in September.

They are still learning the basics. I wanted to bet the final round of the Wyndham PGA and they said the screen was only showing the Masters. Lol. They claim that any bet you can make at Caesar’s you can make there. Hmm. I hope I can bet the fedex playoffs this weekend. We’ll see

Yeah. The giant load-bearing column is directly in front of the TVs. Not ideal. The front row couches are reserved for $1,500 min. spend. You also get control of the remote for 2 TVs per couch for the $1,500. The “everything” boneless wings and Fiddlehead on tap were delicious.

I went to point place Sunday. It’s way better setup than TS and was told YBR will be even better than Point place. Bartender at PP said it’s been dead for the first 3 days but obviously they expect that to change in September.

They are still learning the basics. I wanted to bet the final round of the Wyndham PGA and they said the screen was only showing the Masters. Lol. They claim that any bet you can make at Caesar’s you can make there. Hmm. I hope I can bet the fedex playoffs this weekend. We’ll see

Tried to get odds on NFL MVP and they said no betting available on anything that is “voted on.” Caesar’s has MVP, Heisman odds etc idk.

Last edited:
hard to do any betting with no real time odds boards.. lines are changed a ton from printer paper 24 hrs ago

Golf is now live. Picked up DJ at 17/1 and Webb at 25/1

Went to TS this weekend. All comments above are correct concerning the sports book. Then I drove over to YBR. Not open yet. But, I was promised by the guest relations guy that it would be the biggest, bestest in the whole northeast. So.. we will see

Ty Webb? Right in the lumber yard.

What’s the deal with the $1500 minimum spend? Like betting or food/drink?

What’s the deal with the $1500 minimum spend? Like betting or food/drink?
I can't remember what the guy told me. I want to say it might be $1,500 on F&B. I'll check.

The DraftKings at del Lago is a 6,000-square-foot lounge with 23 self-serve betting kiosks and cashier stations, plus a full service bar and restaurant with seating for 200. Sporting events will be shown live on 1,000 square feet of LED videoscreens, including 16 TV sets. There are also odds boards and a scrolling ticker showing live scores, stats, injury news and additional player information.

The celebrity guest for the grand opening is former Syracuse University and NFL football star Donovan McNabb. He’ll join local officials and representatives of del Lago and DraftKings at the noon ribbon-cutting anf placing of the first bets.

i dont see people driving from Buffalo to Del lago to make routine bets. Rochester might be pushing it. if you are going to drive any distance you need a decent experience and reason to hang out. TS setup missed that chance, will Del Lago do it better?

lots of bookies in that Waterloo area where people dont need to leave home to bet.

i do go thru friday on a college trip. maybe i swing in on the way home if they have decent hours

I know you can do sports gambling at the Turning Stone. Was just wondering if the at Point Place is now open and are they taking sports bets?

I know you can do sports gambling at the Turning Stone. Was just wondering if the at Point Place is now open and are they taking sports bets?
They opened Aug 1

Yellow Brick Road will be open soon

Point Place has a better setup than Turning Stone, and when YBR opens soon, it will be better than both. They are all scheduled to open self service kiosks soon as well. Currently there is no live betting during games or tournaments etc. That will change with the kiosks.

Point Place has a better setup than Turning Stone, and when YBR opens soon, it will be better than both. They are all scheduled to open self service kiosks soon as well. Currently there is no live betting during games or tournaments etc. That will change with the kiosks.
Thanks I was at Turning Stone a few weeks back and it was very small which kind of surprised me. I mean it worked fine for me to place my bets and leave...lol. Just surprised with the set-up. I will probably go to Point Place soon though and just wanted to make sure the was open before I made the drive

yeah TS was a big let down if they get any kind of fball crowd it wont work well.. Del Lago seems to be a better setup, hopefully i can swing by tomorrow and check it out

Last question, will my TS Rewards card work at Point Place? Or does Point Place have their own card I will have to get?

Last question, will my TS Rewards card work at Point Place? Or does Point Place have their own card I will have to get?
Yes, your TS rewards card works for TS, Point Place and YellowBrick