New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

Obviously Belichick helps with the D but I do think like McDaniels Belichick let’s the coordinator call the D.

Giants are hiring Matt Patricia as their next HC.
I certainly hope that isn't true. First, the Giants have said they wanted someone with Head coaching experience. Strike 1. Matt isn't a buttoned down guy and the Giants like buttoned down guys. No Roger clown shirts. 3. I don't think he is all that good of a d coordinator.

I certainly hope that isn't true. First, the Giants have said they wanted someone with Head coaching experience. Strike 1. Matt isn't a buttoned down guy and the Giants like buttoned down guys. No Roger clown shirts. 3. I don't think he is all that good of a d coordinator.
Not a good D coordinator?
He is the best D coordinator Belichick has had since Saban in Cleveland over Romeo, Dean Pees, Eric Mangini, and Dom Capers.

Not a good D coordinator?
He is the best D coordinator Belichick has had since Saban in Cleveland over Romeo, Dean Pees, Eric Mangini, and Dom Capers.
We disagree. and I don't see a good nfl head coach in that bunch

We disagree. and I don't see a good nfl head coach in that bunch
Mangini got screwed.

Took the jets to 2 playoffs, then had them 7-2 before Favre blew his arm out and refused to come out.

Triple that collapse with not getting along with Woody...and Dynamic Duo of Goodall and Kraft hating on him for spy-gate and you get yourself canned.

Then he went to Cleveland...

And kapersuck thinks he was blackballed...

Mangini got screwed.

Took the jets to 2 playoffs, then had them 7-2 before Favre blew his arm out and refused to come out.

Triple that collapse with not getting along with Woody...and Dynamic Duo of Goodall and Kraft hating on him for spy-gate and you get yourself canned.

Then he went to Cleveland...

And kapersuck thinks he was blackballed...
Mangini was a rat.
He got what he deserved.
He is on TV begging Belichick for forgiveness with his analysis.

Kaepernick is being blackballed. Mangini is out he worked for Harbaugh in San Fran. He got canned when he left for Michigan.
Mangini isn’t hired because no coach would trust a rat. It’s all about loyalty.

Mangini was a rat.
He got what he deserved.
He is on TV begging Belichick for forgiveness with his analysis.

Kaepernick is being blackballed. Mangini is out he worked for Harbaugh in San Fran. He got canned when he left for Michigan.
Mangini isn’t hired because no coach would trust a rat. It’s all about loyalty.
He saved the NFL.

He’s a HERO.

The whole staff was let go when Kelly came in.

He can come here with with any of the remaining 3...with my full endorsement.

He saved the NFL.

He’s a HERO.

The whole staff was let go when Kelly came in.

He can come here with with any of the remaining 3...with my full endorsement.
If he was good he would be hired.
I mean he works for an NFL TV partner as an analyst if the NFL blackballed him they wouldn’t let him work for FOX.

You still holding out for Belichick or has that dream gone away.
A lot of that ESPN article has been debunked. There is some truth in it but a lot is embellished for drama or factually wrong.The leaks were the Patriots trainers who are pissed at Guerrero, Josh McDaniels, and Jimmy G himself.
McDaniels is gone as BB hates leakers he is praying for a HC job now.

If he was good he would be hired.
I mean he works for an NFL TV partner as an analyst if the NFL blackballed him they wouldn’t let him work for FOX.

You still holding out for Belichick or has that dream gone away.
A lot of that ESPN article has been debunked. There is some truth in it but a lot is embellished for drama or factually wrong.The leaks were the Patriots trainers who are pissed at Guerrero, Josh McDaniels, and Jimmy G himself.
McDaniels is gone as BB hates leakers he is praying for a HC job now.
It’s been a whole year...

Maybe he wanted a break, I don’t know. He can coach my team if he wants.

Belichick is not coming to coach the Giants.

Never was.

He still may quit and spend his fall in NNJ...

As for the HC, I’ve wanted McDaniels from the get-go.
LOL, go ahead, I can't wait til you get Mcidiot. He's a pos for life for all Broncos fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, go ahead, I can't wait til you get Mcidiot. He's a pos for life for all Broncos fans.
See, we're counting on him having made all his mistakes with you. Thanks for the experience! ;)

We like failed coaches on teams we beat in the Super Bowl.

Recently, weve been taking failed Bills Coordinatora and make them Champions (Gilbride, Fewell).

With McDaniels, we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone...a failed Bronco and a patsie we beat.

Win-Win.

See that 2011 season as St. Louis Rams OC is the red flag for me about McDaniels.
That Rams team had talent and was the worst offense in the NFL. McDaniels came back to New England because Bill O’Brian went to Penn State.

In Patriots losses there has been a tendency for terrible offensive play calls. McDaniels isn’t the better coordinator on the staff IMO.

I think Patricia gets the NYG job if not Detroit. McDaniels is praying for either Indy or NYG job.

I’d put my $$ on Patricia.

I think he will be the better CEO.

I think the Bill’s are pointing him there and I think the Giants are open to it.

That said above, I have to wonder...if the buffalo quitter was available, I think he’d be named Giants HC today.

That said above, I have to wonder...if the buffalo quitter was available, I think he’d be named Giants HC today.
Let’s see Douglas against a real playoff team.
I will do cartwheels if Doug brings his team to New England for the AFC title game.

Let’s see Douglas against a real playoff team.
I will do cartwheels if Doug brings his team to New England for the AFC title game.
Jags success has nothing to do with what I said, it just fits Mara’s original ideal coach profile.

That said, they won’t win unless Bortles goes back to being the Bortles of December. He was a petrified little boy out there last week. Told not to lose it and well, he didn’t. He has to know he’s now playing with house money and and can just relax. Hey a legs are an asset and if those guys get to Ben...

What’s the real spread for pats?? 20.5???

Jags success has nothing to do with what I said, it just fits Mara’s original ideal coach profile.

That said, they won’t win unless Bortles goes back to being the Bortles of December. He was a petrified little boy out there last week. Told not to lose it and well, he didn’t. He has to know he’s now playing with house money and and can just relax. Hey a legs are an asset and if those guys get to Ben...

What’s the real spread for pats?? 20.5???
NE is -13.5 over Tennessee.
It’s down from last year’s -16.5 over Houston.
NE has been involved in 4 of the 6 largest point spreads ever for playoff games.
This Tennessee team is such a tomato can. I mean I think Hoyer could be the QB and I wouldn’t trust Mariota enough to win this game.
KC was the team to give them a game this round.

Pittsburgh is going to spy Bortles after last week.
He needs to be a threat in passing game. They need 200 yards to win.

The D has to force 3+ turnovers.

This year’s 2nd, 2019 1st, 2020 conditional 2nd which can become a first.
Make the 2020 a 3 that could be a 2...with a Lombardi.

If Patricia goes to the Giants that will be two HC's that have strong Syracuse ties.