New York mobile sports betting to launch 9 AM Saturday | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

New York mobile sports betting to launch 9 AM Saturday

DK has a promo for the nets game friday one team to score at least 1 pt

FD has a $50 risk free bet you have to make that expires tonight for a BBALL bet.

DK has a promo for the nets game friday one team to score at least 1 pt

FD has a $50 risk free bet you have to make that expires tonight for a BBALL bet.
I've been doing fanduel forever, but have never jointed draft kings. Is it the same thing basically? I saw the Nets promo which caught my eye, already did the Knicks on FD.

just different promos and the lines very.

what is unclear to me is how they will handle taxes. Horse racing only big wins get reported. does this work the same.. so if you win 5K over 100 bets is it on the honor system?

just different promos and the lines very.

what is unclear to me is how they will handle taxes. Horse racing only big wins get reported. does this work the same.. so if you win 5K over 100 bets is it on the honor system?
To my understanding, at least on FD, and I am no expert at this, so I could very well be wrong, you pay taxes on anything you win over $600 that you withdrawal from your account. It won't let you withdraw money without giving your tax info but I BELIEVE they only 1099 you if its over $600 in a year. Someone told me that its not taxed until you actually withdrawal the money, but I'm not a big timer, so I'm probably not the best person to answer.

To my understanding, at least on FD, and I am no expert at this, so I could very well be wrong, you pay taxes on anything you win over $600 that you withdrawal from your account. It won't let you withdraw money without giving your tax info but I BELIEVE they only 1099 you if its over $600 in a year. Someone told me that its not taxed until you actually withdrawal the money, but I'm not a big timer, so I'm probably not the best person to answer.
thats why i get confused.. you deposit 1000 win 300 then next year win 300 then withdraw 1000. how do they tax you on 1000 ?

horses is funky.. you can put in 1000 and win 1 race for 700 and lose all of it and you still get taxed on that one win even in a yr you lose money. And you cant really offset it now with deductions being so hard to match unless you have a mortgage or something like that.

pretty sure this is the same win $600 on a bet thats more than 300x the orginal bet.. so a $20 parlay that wins $750 would not be taxed by the IRS but should be claimed as income but not taxable?

the main thing is no one does this normally and at the track no one really knows.. but this is all being tracked now.. I suppose at some point the IRS could ask all these sites for the data.

Last edited:
thats why i get confused.. you deposit 1000 win 300 then next year win 300 then withdraw 1000. how do they tax you on 1000 ?

horses is funky.. you can put in 1000 and win 1 race for 700 and lose all of it and you still get taxed on that one win even in a yr you lose money. And you cant really offset it now with deductions being so hard to match unless you have a mortgage or something like that.

pretty sure this is the same win $600 on a bet thats more than 300x the orginal bet.. so a $20 parlay that wins $750 would not be taxed by the IRS but should be claimed as income but not taxable?

the main thing is no one does this normally and at the track no one really knows.. but this is all being tracked now.. I suppose at some point the IRS could ask all these sites for the data.
Good questions. I'm on the FD app right (not ) now. I clicked account on the bottom right and then on the top it shows payable balance and FD points. Click show details. In my case it has my fantasy deposits as zero (I haven't deposited this year 2022, been playing with house money) . It then shows shared winnings, withdrawable balance and playable balance. In my case the last three are the same(non zero, but less than 600 bucks). Don't know if that helps but curious if yours is similar, specifically if the last three numbers match on that tab as they do on mine.

Mine are all different because I havent played thru my deposit bonus yet..

Anyone get the alternate sign on to work with FD. with DK I can click the app and use my fingerprint.. with FD i click the slider for that option but it just goes away.

Technically, you should be claiming all winnings as taxable even if only $100. You can also deduct losses. That’s why for 95% of all bettors no taxes are ever due. I believe they will automatically withhold 24% for any win over $5,000

Technically, you should be claiming all winnings as taxable even if only $100. You can also deduct losses. That’s why for 95% of all bettors no taxes are ever due. I believe they will automatically withhold 24% for any win over $5,000
yeah but you cant deduct losses unless you claim deductions.. so for many you would need to be like 20K in the hole to even use it and even then it only equals winnings.. now if you hit a big derby super it make make sense to try.

Kupp TD
Fournette TD
Evans TD

+550 at BetMGM.
Nice man! I hit on evans scoring and going over 99 yards +425

Thought Kupp and Akers each scoring a TD at +475 was a lock! Ugh lol
Caesars

so anyone who has done a ceasers acct verify if its a single free bet or free bets you get as the promotion?

I opened a caesers acct.. made my $1500 free bet on the Raptors. . It wins and then the I see the bet is voided.. what the heck?

4th paragraph in: “Half of the total was from kirbivore and 690West
Almost a month in and doing great. Withdrawing some profit to free roll potentially 2 bullets for a Turning Stone WSOP satellite tomorrow. $175 buy in. 1 of every 5 win a seat into the $1400 WSOP qualifier on 2/20. 1 of every 10 from the $1400 event wins a prize package of $10k for the main event buy in with another 3K in spending money. You also have option of simply taking the 13K in cash, which I will do if I get that far.

Caesars already juicing CBB lines up to -115 lmfao what a joke. I've been using them to stack tier points to get free nights in Vegas and Atlantis but if this bs sticks I'll go to FD or DK.

Never quit my local or betonline. Too much respect for what got me through the before times.

Caesars already juicing CBB lines up to -115 lmfao what a joke. I've been using them to stack tier points to get free nights in Vegas and Atlantis but if this bs sticks I'll go to FD or DK.

Never quit my local or betonline. Too much respect for what got me through the before times.
Caersars has been a rip.. if anything goes wrong they have no customer service response.. I held off pulling my money off for the same reasons just to get some pts for vegas, but I know of several people who had the same free bet scam pulled on them after the deposit.. no reason to tie up money there at this point.

Caersars has been a rip.. if anything goes wrong they have no customer service response.. I held off pulling my money off for the same reasons just to get some pts for vegas, but I know of several people who had the same free bet scam pulled on them after the deposit.. no reason to tie up money there at this point.
My buddy who isn't a gambler turned the $300 new user bonus into about a grand in a couple weeks so he cashed out. It took more than two weeks from when he withdrew for the money to actually be in his bank account. And they gave him a hard time with bonuses he didn't know he accepted and made him forfeit whatever free bets he had if he wanted to cash out.

I can take out $10k from betonline in bitcoin, sell it, and have the cash in my checking by the time I wake up the next day. Legal betting is cool but it is a gross industry that doesn't care about the consumer.

My buddy who isn't a gambler turned the $300 new user bonus into about a grand in a couple weeks so he cashed out. It took more than two weeks from when he withdrew for the money to actually be in his bank account. And they gave him a hard time with bonuses he didn't know he accepted and made him forfeit whatever free bets he had if he wanted to cash out.

I can take out $10k from betonline in bitcoin, sell it, and have the cash in my checking by the time I wake up the next day. Legal betting is cool but it is a gross industry that doesn't care about the consumer.
We've turned my brothers $300 into just under $1,500. I was wondering how the withdraw was going to go. I'm fine with it taking a few weeks to get to his account, but was worried they'd give him crap about winning it all off the free bet. I was gonna toss him $100 to deposit and make a few bets with, just to see if that would help.

I hadn't thought about vegas points or anything. He'll be coming here a bunch to visit, so that might come in handy. I've been using the vegas based betting apps for a year, and I think all I've received in rewards is $35 from william hill lol.

Idk what's going on with the vegas apps, or the "Play+" program they use for deposits, but you can no longer deposit from your bank account, and you can only deposit with a debit card if it's not a visa, which is all I have. I have to either physically go into a book, or hit a bar and deposit money onto my William hill. Prolly better for the ol troop in the long run, as I have more drunken deposits than sober ones lol

We've turned my brothers $300 into just under $1,500. I was wondering how the withdraw was going to go. I'm fine with it taking a few weeks to get to his account, but was worried they'd give him crap about winning it all off the free bet. I was gonna toss him $100 to deposit and make a few bets with, just to see if that would help.

I hadn't thought about vegas points or anything. He'll be coming here a bunch to visit, so that might come in handy. I've been using the vegas based betting apps for a year, and I think all I've received in rewards is $35 from william hill lol.

Idk what's going on with the vegas apps, or the "Play+" program they use for deposits, but you can no longer deposit from your bank account, and you can only deposit with a debit card if it's not a visa, which is all I have. I have to either physically go into a book, or hit a bar and deposit money onto my William hill. Prolly better for the ol troop in the long run, as I have more drunken deposits than sober ones lol

For Caesars I believe you have to make an initial deposit before they will let you withdraw your winnings from the free bet.

These deals for Atlantis are nice once you get to the second tier level.

I won an absurd amount of money on betonline's NFL contest and I promised my buddies (and my gf I guess?) I would pay for the hotel in Vegas if they get their own flights. At the rate I'm playing at Caesar's now I think I'll be able to get a free night or two. I think I'm going to go a couple of times this year once I'm done with school so we will 10000% have to get after it when I do.

I think he should be fine withdrawing if he plays through the $300 enough times. They just made it so obnoxiously difficult for my friend he's never going to use them if he wants to gamble again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom