NEWSFLASH TO THE SYRACUSE MEDIA WHO READ THIS SITE SOMEBODY ASK GROSS ABOUT METLIFE DEAL | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NEWSFLASH TO THE SYRACUSE MEDIA WHO READ THIS SITE SOMEBODY ASK GROSS ABOUT METLIFE DEAL

The whole premise of the OP is suspect. Why does Gross have to share any of the details of private contracts?! He literally doesn't have to. There is very little to be gained.
Agreed.
He doesn't need to do any of what Alsacs believes that he should. It's simply not in his job description.

This is what he "needs" to do:
  1. Place each SU program in a position where it can win championships.
  2. Do it within the budget.
  3. Do it with integrity.

Agreed.
He doesn't need to do any of what Alsacs believes that he should. It's simply not in his job description.

3. Do it with integrity.
4. Make $$

Agreed.

3. Do it with integrity.

This.

If he's doing something illegal or below board - put the screws to him. But "Tell us why we play MetLife games!! Exposure's not a good enough answer! We want financials!" seems over the top.

I'm going to start a 15 page thread to unearth the mysteries of the Wagner contract. I want details!!!

Kaiser who the hell does Gross know this? The ACC and ND haven't finalized their future schedules. Why the hell would the ACC assure newbie Syracuse you will get a 3rd home game with Notre Dame when the big boys like Florida State and Clemson won't?
That makes no sense the ACC would ensure Gross it would be one of the 2 teams to get 3 ND home games so early. The ACC already did Gross a HUGE favor by keeping the 2014 and 2016 games on the schedule without SU having to push them back with Metlife.

So true. Clearly the one person who knows what's really going on is Arb. He's the only one who knows absolutely everything going on at the ACC headquarters and every member school's athletic department.

I mean Gross clearly has no clue, I will wait 'til the One True Knower chimes in.

Moontan said:
This is what he "needs" to do: [*]Place each SU program in a position where it can win championships. [*]Do it within the budget. [*]Do it with integrity.

Well I could make an argument about 2 of the 3.

1. MetLife puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

2. We've lost money several years.

So true. Clearly the one person who knows what's really going on is Arb. He's the only one who knows absolutely everything going on at the ACC headquarters and every member school's athletic department.

I mean Gross clearly has no clue, I will wait 'til the One True Knower chimes in.
So, you're saying that Alsacs should really be demanding that arbitragegls reveal everything about the MetLife deal, MetLife games and ND schedules? Works for me. I'm sure TGD will be relieved now that he's off the hook.

So, you're saying that Alsacs should really be demanding that arbitragegls reveal everything about the MetLife deal, MetLife games and ND schedules? Works for me. I'm sure TGD will be relieved now that he's off the hook.

Correct.

Why ask the marionette when you can ask the man pulling the strings?

Well I could make an argument about 2 of the 3.

1. MetLife puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

2. We've lost money several years.
most likely not the years we've cashed an 'insurance' check.

Correct.

Why ask the marionette when you can ask the man pulling the strings?

The-Godfather-Logo.jpg

How does he know who the ACC will select as the 2 teams to get a 3rd home game with Notre Dame. I HIGHLY DOUBT the ACC even knows this answer. Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Miami are WAY more likely than newbie Syracuse to get this honor.

supposedly acc and nd starting working on next rotation of games in august. I'd also expect they would factor in teams that had OOC games scheduled with ND in regards to getting 3rd game

Chris thank you for being fair in this thread. I respect you understanding the facts and not trying to sell me on anything but you fair opinion.
I know you have read my statements with fairness and aren't insulting me at all.

Kaiser we agree to disagree I would buy you a drink as while we aren't on the same page as this one you and I have been fair to each other. My statements may be ones you disagree with but unlike others you realize that what I say makes sense on merits.

Hell Bees and I have found an issue we actually agree on 100%.

He's able to ferret out the clues from reading between the lines from inside the riddles heard only in whispers and the hints given to a precious few.

He's able to ferret out the clues from reading between the lines from inside the riddles heard only in whispers and the hints given to a precious few.

I like the cut of your jib, sailor.

Chris thank you for being fair in this thread. I respect you understanding the facts and not trying to sell me on anything but you fair opinion.
I know you have read my statements with fairness and aren't insulting me at all.

Kaiser we agree to disagree I would buy you a drink as while we aren't on the same page as this one you and I have been fair to each other. My statements may be ones you disagree with but unlike others you realize that what I say makes sense on merits.

Hell Bees and I have found an issue we actually agree on 100%.
Just because someone doesn't share your opinion does not necessarily mean they are not 'being fair'. Just sayin'...

I honestly don't want to get into this debate, but we won't see Notre Dame at the Dome before 2026. Notre Dame's 5 annual games and 60 games total contract with the ACC runs from 2014-2026. Each team will play Notre Dame every 3 years. 60 games with 14 teams. Is each team gets 4 games with Notre Dame home/home and 4 teams will get that 5th game of which 2 of those 4 teams will get a 3rd Notre Dame home game.

Syracuse "home" games are in 2014 and 2016 at Metlife. We will need to play at Notre Dame 2 times and hope the ACC makes SU one of the 2 teams to get that 3rd ND home game before 2026 or we won't see Notre Dame at the Dome. This is a fact.

Hi all...been quiet on this as I await whispers on some other important venues...is a network a venue...at any rate, thinking is 'Cuse will be one of the 4 teams to get 5 games against Notre Dame...(if 'Cuse had beaten Maryland there was high expectation that "Game Day" would have been our game)...In summary the ACC is pleased with the Notre Dame/Syracuse games in NYC...that leaves 3 games after 2016...at least one will be at Notre Dame...the other two venues have not been set in stone.

I understand each side of the argument..but playing Notre Dame anywhere is a big deal...playing in NYC serves a few purposess:
1. Keeps Syracue in its state and city that is important to it
2. Keeps ACC in NYC and that is important based on B1G moves
3. Satisfies contractual obligation that 'Cuse has with Met Life...don't want to play Central Michigan there
4. The national attention and TV prime time is very good for Syracuse...and should be applauded
--recruitment is just not NYS and NJ...others seeing 'Cuse play Notre Dame in a professional stadium look at that as a positive

Stand-by for information coming soon...in the meantime...

It's Good to be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange..

Hi all...been quiet on this as I await whispers on some other important venues...is a network a venue...at any rate, thinking is 'Cuse will be one of the 4 teams to get 5 games against Notre Dame...(if 'Cuse had beaten Maryland there was high expectation that "Game Day" would have been our game)...In summary the ACC is pleased with the Notre Dame/Syracuse games in NYC...that leaves 3 games after 2016...at least one will be at Notre Dame...the other two venues have not been set in stone.

I understand each side of the argument..but playing Notre Dame anywhere is a big deal...playing in NYC serves a few purposess:
1. Keeps Syracue in its state and city that is important to it
2. Keeps ACC in NYC and that is important based on B1G moves
3. Satisfies contractual obligation that 'Cuse has with Met Life...don't want to play Central Michigan there
4. The national attention and TV prime time is very good for Syracuse...and should be applauded
--recruitment is just not NYS and NJ...others seeing 'Cuse play Notre Dame in a professional stadium look at that as a positive

Stand-by for information coming soon...in the meantime...

It's Good to be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange..

And...

Boom Goes the Dynamite!

Just because someone doesn't share your opinion does not necessarily mean they are not 'being fair'. Just sayin'...
Chris actually gets it. Chris gets the 14 ACC each team gets 2 ND home games and 2 ND road games. Chris gets the 2014 and 2016 games are SU home games. Chris understands the only way we will get ND in the Dome is if we are one of the 2 teams to get a 3rd ND home game.

In summary I gave Chris credit because unlike others Chris disagrees but actually understands the situation and doesn't sell anything but a fair opinion.

Okay? I don't care if people disagree with me don't give me Gross said ND will be at the Dome in the future when I highly doubt the ACC has made that decision and the odds are 1 in 7 it actually happens.

I love ya Arb but how confident are you the ACC has given SU a commitment we will be one of the 4 teams to play ND 5 times and that 5th game will be an SU home game.
Nothing in your post addresses that statement . I doubt the ACC has made that decision as they haven't even created the schedule for 2017-2019 yet.

If Atlantic City will take my bet, I'd go Cuse is line for 3 more ND games.

At least: 1-1-1.

Next: 1-0-2. south bend with 0

Possible: 0-0-3. Cuse keeps full gate on 2

Alsacs said:
Chris actually gets it. Chris gets the 14 ACC each team gets 2 ND home games and 2 ND road games. Chris gets the 2014 and 2016 games are SU home games. Chris understands the only way we will get ND in the Dome is if we are one of the 2 teams to get a 3rd ND home game. In summary I gave Chris credit because unlike others Chris disagrees but actually understands the situation and doesn't sell anything but a fair opinion. Okay? I don't care if people disagree with me don't give me Gross said ND will be at the Dome in the future when I highly doubt the ACC has made that decision and the odds are 1 in 7 it actually happens.

Those were all facts before this thread existed. You wanted the press to ask why. They did. Gross said exposure and opportunity (read: money).

What happens to that possible 3rd home game? As we found out: no one knows yet. It's still being worked out apparently. I think it's safe to say we want it - and it sounds like we want it in the dome (and there was much rejoicing)

Case closed. Shut the thread down. We have closure.

Now - what UNI are we wearing Saturday night? ;)

Those were all facts before this thread existed. You wanted the press to ask why. They did. Gross said exposure and opportunity (read: money).

What happens to that possible 3rd home game? As we found out: no one knows yet. It's still being worked out apparently. I think it's safe to say we want it - and it sounds like we want it in the dome (and there was much rejoicing)

Case closed. Shut the thread down. We have closure.

Now - what UNI are we wearing Saturday night? ;)
So Gross answered where the future Metlife commitments will come from?

He answered whether he tried to break the contract with Metlife and move the games to Syracuse after Notre Dame committed 5 games a year to the ACC?

I mean c'mon Gross did answer that he scheduled these games with a Big East mindset and not an ACC mindset and that is the answer he has given me in private which leads to me believe its part of a talking points piece somebody in the SU AD has written. Gross basically gave word for word the same answer in his interview that was linked in this thread to an email response I got over a year ago.

Alsacs said:
So Gross answered where the future Metlife commitments will come from? He answered whether he tried to break the contract with Metlife and move the games to Syracuse after Notre Dame committed 5 games a year to the ACC? I mean c'mon Gross did answer that he scheduled these games with a Big East mindset and not an ACC mindset and that is the answer he has given me in private which leads to me believe its part of a talking points piece somebody in the SU AD has written. Gross basically gave word for word the same answer in his interview that was linked in this thread to an email response I got over a year ago.

Why does he have to answer those questions?

I believe that home attendance was up about 4-5,000 per game last year, as a result of moving to the ACC. I think it's up again this year, too (at least so far).
True. But its still less of a payday than having the game at MetLife I believe. So while technically what you said is true, SU gets more actual money in pocket playing at MetLife