Next 7 games | Syracusefan.com

Next 7 games

Eric15

Living Legend
Based on the fact that we lost to Colgate and Bryant, let's be real, we could drop any of these. But if this team is serious about turning this season around, there is zero room for error here. This HAS to be 7-0. We should be favored in every game.

1670107057695.png

Based on the fact that we lost to Colgate and Bryant, let's be real, we could drop any of these. But if this team is serious about turning this season around, there is zero room for error here. This HAS to be 7-0. We should be favored in every game.

View attachment 222737
Nice win today, and I think this team will continue to improve. I’m trying to be positive. I will say that stupid Bryant game shouldn’t have been a loss. We were missing 3 keys players and still would’ve won if Girard (or JB) had just called timeout on that trap and then not thrown the ball away on a terrible pass. Colgate and Illinois we deserved to lose. But I thought battled well against St. John’s, who I believe is a good team and will be very competitive in the Big East. We gotta win these next 7 games and get back on track. None of them are gimmes.

View attachment 222737
I will wager you that we will lose one.

View attachment 222737
Just curious, if we "turn the season around" what's the end game? NIT?

I would consider our ceiling being squarely on the NCAA bubble. But I really think we have to take the next 7 games (which will be difficult, but not impossible) for that to be a reality.
Oh man, I don't know.

We can win the next 7 and I'm not sure we're there yet.

End game is always the ncaa tournament, considering the talent level a winning season would be good (weak ACC helps with that), NIT would be better, NCAA tournament would be massive considering you’d need to kill off two, likely 3 considering the level of play, bad losses

End game is always the ncaa tournament, considering the talent level a winning season would be good (weak ACC helps with that), NIT would be better, NCAA tournament would be massive considering you’d need to kill off two, likely 3 considering the level of play, bad losses
I'm not saying the tournament shouldn't be the goal. For our program, I think the goal should be a protected seed through the first weekend.

I'm just saying, for this team that we've seen so far, a winning season of any kind sounds like a victory.

View attachment 222737

I’ll take 5-2 and a solidified rotation and no injuries.

I'm not saying the tournament shouldn't be the goal. For our program, I think the goal should be a protected seed through the first weekend.

I'm just saying, for this team that we've seen so far, a winning season of any kind sounds like a victory.
I agree

I’m only worried about Oakland. One game at a time and try to improve each game.

Say we take the next 7 and get to 11-4, the following 8 games between Virginia (1) and Virginia (2) we'd need to go 5-3.

That'd put us at 16-7.

Then on the last 8 games, we'd need to go 6-2, putting us at 22-9.

Let's say we don't quite hit those marks and are four games worse than above.

We'd be 18-13, and probably need to win the ACCT or at least hit the Championship game.

If we are 20-11, we'd need to win 2 in the ACCT.

22-9, just win one.

Realistically we are looking at a NIT year.

if we can get the 3ball shooting to just an avg 30% we can have chances .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom