Next 7 games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next 7 games

Wow, the Georgetown game is on ABC. If I squint really hard it'll feel like the old days.
When ABC scheduled it, they would have never thought both Georgetown and Syracuse will sink this low. They must regret it.

Based on the fact that we lost to Colgate and Bryant, let's be real, we could drop any of these. But if this team is serious about turning this season around, there is zero room for error here. This HAS to be 7-0. We should be favored in every game.

View attachment 222737
I think we lost to Colgate and Bryant because both coaches were familiar with the zone and prepared their players well, and because there isn’t enough of a disparity between the rosters for us to overcome a well-executed game plan with talent and athleticism.

With that in mind, I think Georgetown has a very good chance of beating us and Cornell has maybe a 30% chance. We haven’t played Oakland or Monmouth in a while, so those should go more like Lehigh and Northeastern.

A conference opponent will always have a chance for the reasons I stated above, although losing to Louisville seems like the biggest stretch considering where they are with a first-year coach.

I think we go 5-2. We lose to Georgetown and Pitt.

I think we lost to Colgate and Bryant because both coaches were familiar with the zone and prepared their players well, and because there isn’t enough of a disparity between the rosters for us to overcome a well-executed game plan with talent and athleticism.

With that in mind, I think Georgetown has a very good chance of beating us and Cornell has maybe a 30% chance. We haven’t played Oakland or Monmouth in a while, so those should go more like Lehigh and Northeastern.

A conference opponent will always have a chance for the reasons I stated above, although losing to Louisville seems like the biggest stretch considering where they are with a first-year coach.

I think we go 5-2. We lose to Georgetown and Pitt.
Losing to Georgetown again at home should be grounds for an immediate change.

2 down, 5 to go.

If we want to be back in the bubble conversation. This is very attainable.
Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

We will need quality wins. Benny and Judah have stepped up immensely but we give away too much at sf. I don't see anyone who will step up at the 3. Best scenario is JAB at the 4 with Benny at sf. If we have a solid starting 5, we will dance. Right now we are one position short of what we need.

Bell and Justin are getting better every game. It’s just game 10. They will continue to learn and get better. I’m not going to count them out yet. It might be two or three guys getting minutes in that spot. It’s keeps JB using his bench which helps to keep the energy level up.

The next two games are massive. Monmouth is worse than Oakland and the worst team we will play this year. That will be a nice tuneup given fewer games over the next couple weeks ahead of Cornell.

Cornell is very good on offense. They also will be a Q3 game at best. They are also small. We can't trip up vs them and need to beat them up with size. They gave Miami fits, only losing by 2 at Miami in a wild game 107-105. Miami is also very small which made things tougher on them. Jesse and our front court must be solid and make sure we don't step in the trap.

After that it's ACC time with Pitt who we owe a beating and then lowly Pitt and Louisville. If we avoid the Cornell trap we should be on track to get all 7 games but Pitt being the biggest worry.

11-4 will have us tied atop the ACC likely with momentum and maybe a very slight buzz given we have had two good showings on national TV after the Illinois meltdown. No one is even paying much attention to Colgate and Bryant right now it seems which is always good given they are massive black eyes.

Bell and Justin are getting better every game. It’s just game 10. They will continue to learn and get better. I’m not going to count them out yet. It might be two or three guys getting minutes in that spot. It’s keeps JB using his bench which helps to keep the energy level up.
Bell is one dimensional and not good enough in his specialty to overcome the shortcoming. He should be a bench guy.
Taylor does not bring a lot. He has good potential, but not this year.
Benny should be our sf.
Brown and JAB at pf?
Why is Brown in the dog house?

Bell is one dimensional and not good enough in his specialty to overcome the shortcoming. He should be a bench guy.
Taylor does not bring a lot. He has good potential, but not this year.
Benny should be our sf.
Brown and JAB at pf?
Why is Brown in the dog house?
Because the other guys are ahead of them including JBA. Benny is not a SF. He has zero handle and can’t make a shot outside of 10 feet consistently.

Because the other guys are ahead of them including JBA. Benny is not a SF. He has zero handle and can’t make a shot outside of 10 feet consistently.
He has been playing sf and we looked good. He is quick enough and can use his hight advantage.

He has been playing sf and we looked good. He is quick enough and can use his hight advantage.

How many mins did Benny play the 3 yesterday? I think it was only a few in the 2nd half.

Benny not SF. Cuse has only 2 true sf

I really don't care what number you call Benny. On defense both forward spots are interchangeable. On offense guys play to their skills. Was Melo a 3 or a 4? He was a 3 but he averaged more rebounds per game than our 4 and posted up on offense nearly as much as he played on the perimeter. John Wallace was a 4 but he had the best 3 pt percentage on the team as a senior.

We don't have any do it all forwards. Different guys bring different skills while also lacking in other areas. The guys that play should be whoever is hot that game or whoever happens to be a better matchup for a specific opponent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom