Next 7 games | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Next 7 games

Next one may be the toughest one of them all- gotta be ready for Cornell- a lot more ready than we were for Colgate.

He has been playing sf and we looked good. He is quick enough and can use his hight advantage.
He also has the ball poked of his hands several times each game before he tries to make a move, dribbles far too high, and has no first step. He’s not a 3

That we are concerned about this makes me sad.
Well Miami is a tournament team and they were given a very good game, perhaps Cornell is just a decent team and the name on the jersey doesn’t matter on 2022.

Well Miami is a tournament team and they were given a very good game, perhaps Cornell is just a decent team and the name on the jersey doesn’t matter on 2022.
You misunderstood my post. I was saying I'm sad that we're worrying about a winning season.

That we are concerned about this makes me sad.

Agreed. I'm looking through the lens that currently that is now a realistic goal when it was teetering a bit at 3-4. If we get there with room to spare then maybe just maybe a tourney bid is also a realistic goal and go from there. Essentially we have to beat UVA I think to have momentum. Then Duke or UNC as well. So much work to do to simply just have a winning season with this team.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'm looking through the lens that currently that is now a realistic goal when it was teetering a bit at 3-4. If we get there with room to spare then maybe just maybe a tourney bid is also a realistic goal and go from there. Essentially we have to beat UVA I think to have momentum. Then Duke or UNC as well. So much work to do to simply just have a winning season with this team.
I'm just trying to focus on the player development before putting all of my eggs in the ACCT basket.

You misunderstood my post. I was saying I'm sad that we're worrying about a winning season.
One step at a time. There is a sequence of goals for a season and the first is getting to 17 wins to guarantee a winning season. Hopefully it starts, and doesn’t end there!

I'm just trying to focus on the player development before putting all of my eggs in the ACCT basket.

To me that goes hand in hand with a winning season. We won't be outclassed talent wise in most games this year given the state of the ACC. Development right now is in the finding consistency phase for a lot of these guys. We have seen flashes now it's about going out there every night. Bad shooting nights will happen. Bad effort/focus nights should not similar to poor preparation.

Need to get wins and growth through a stretch like this and repeat come league play.

If we could modify a few players we have some piece that could work

Benny is a PF playing like a SF who shoots like a center.

Bell is a shooting guard in the body of a PF and dribbles like a center.
Just read this. Made me laugh. Also, very true unfortunately. Seems like we've been playing with guys who don't really fit their position for years now. Joe at point was a classic example.

I don't know - I don't see a lot of teams in the ACC who look like they are going to steamroll us. We are improving but still not good, but this league is not good.

I don't know - I don't see a lot of teams in the ACC who look like they are going to steamroll us. We are improving but still not good, but this league is not good.
Agreed. Although, we can't expect to win a lot of ACC games with Bell starting and giving us so little. Brown and Benny may not be ideal on paper as starters but may be our best starting forwards.

While I've been critical of Boeheim the last few years, at least he's trying new combos and seems to be figuring some things out. Just wish there wasn't such an over reliance on Joe. As for Bell, I think Jim will eventually pull him but obviously believes in the kid and is giving him ample time to prove he's a starter because once he gets pulled (which could be next game), he may not start again. I felt the same way with Copeland... I figured it was just a matter of time the young guy would lose Boeheim's trust.

3 more to go. Was reading the Pitt board. Hugely was out tonight and sounds like something is up- not sure if he may portal or what. Sense over there is things are not good in that locker room despite they seem like a better team right now. Hopefully we can pay them back for last year.

3 more to go. Was reading the Pitt board. Hugely was out tonight and sounds like something is up- not sure if he may portal or what. Sense over there is things are not good in that locker room despite they seem like a better team right now. Hopefully we can pay them back for last year.
I think they are going to be a challenge.

Have to beat Pitt in the Dome if you want to eventually sniff the bubble.

Only 3 of our 12 games so far have been against decent teams I'm not really sure what we have and we won't know until the 2 games against the Virginia schools.

It really isn't that tough of a schedule though W-L should end up respectable and where we were 2016/2018/2021 if not a little better.

After we play the Virginia schools the second time we have an 8 game finish that honestly is pretty easy Duke at home and 7 games against mediocre-bad teams. If we go 2/4 against UVA and VT and of course do well against the easier teams we should get in.

@ BC
@ FSU
NC ST
Duke
@ Clemson
@ Pitt
GT
Wake

If we are around the bubble entering that stretch run and go 6-2 I think we get in as long as we don't lose the ACCT opener.

Only 3 of our 12 games so far have been against decent teams I'm not really sure what we have and we won't know until the 2 games against the Virginia schools.

It really isn't that tough of a schedule though W-L should end up respectable and where we were 2016/2018/2021 if not a little better.

After we play the Virginia schools the second time we have an 8 game finish that honestly is pretty easy Duke at home and 7 games against mediocre-bad teams. If we go 2/4 against UVA and VT and of course do well against the easier teams we should get in.

@ BC
@ FSU
NC ST
Duke
@ Clemson
@ Pitt
GT
Wake

If we are around the bubble entering that stretch run and go 6-2 I think we get in as long as we don't lose the ACCT opener.
Eh, Johnnies, Illinois, Colgate, Cornell, ND are at least “decent”.

But I agree, we’ll know more soon.

@ BC
@ FSU
NC ST
Duke
@ Clemson
@ Pitt
GT
Wake

Clemson drubbed Richmond yesterday. That game will not be easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom