Next Coach When Boeheim Retires | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Next Coach When Boeheim Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liaison to helicopter parents.

To do what?

Yeah, I get your point. I should have explained. He has represented the program with character since moving on. He's somebody I admire, not that he would be a candidate for the position.

Seems like your “win 20 games every year and make the Tournament every year” is pretty consistent with where JB has set the bar.

But to say, JB will cast no shadow over the program after 45 years is wishful thinking.

This new guy, whoever it is, will be compared to JB a thousand times. If there’s a negative to the SU job, it’ll be the reluctance of a currently “hot” coach to want to folllow a legend.

Do you think Carolina, Duke, Louisville, Michigan, Villanova or any other big program feels any different?
It's not like Boeheim invented that standard. It's what all good programs expect.

My original response was that I don't think any coach is going to measure himself against Boeheim's 45 years when he takes the job. He's going to measure himself against the fans' expectations, his bosses' expectations, and against himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom