Next man up: Who’s next at WR?

Who takes over?

• Hendrix

• Benson on the outside

• Queeley

• Someone else (post who)

Results are only viewable after voting.
His success will depend on line play
And his ability to block , Hackett proved he can block and find the end zone , if WRs struggle going double tight ends would be
A good option
I'd like to see Hackett and Benson on the field, at the same time. I think you could occasionally flex Benson over to slot. It might help Jawar Jordan find the edge...

Traditional TE, Deep threat TE, and speed problem out of the backfield. I want to see this... Could definitely cause defenses problems. Much will depend on Bensons blocking.

I'd like to see Hackett and Benson on the field, at the same time. I think you could occasionally flex Benson over to slot. It might help Jawar Jordan find the edge...

Traditional TE, Deep threat TE, and speed problem out of the backfield. I want to see this... Could definitely cause defenses problems. Much will depend on Bensons blocking.
Good points.

I like any combination of players, in any formation, that includes Jordan.

I like any combination of players, in any formation, that includes Jordan.
For now, I think he's best suited as an outside runner. Howard? I dont care if it's a 4 Wr set. He's a wrecking ball, that carried the entire pile in some of the last games.

As Redrum said, Bensons utilization will depend on blocking. That gives us a dynamic 2 TE set, and additional power in both the run, and passing game. It also gives us 3 knowns for receiving. Taj, Hackett, Benson with just 1 role to fill in that set.

Should 2 WR's step up? We have Howard to take care of power, in the run, and Adams as an all purpose. Could definitely make for preparation problems... Benson's growth as a blocker is important. Of course, Elmore can still fill the blocking role, regardless

Seems like he has a far less chance to see the field at running back. Why not keep him in the slot? There's literally 2 other guys there, right? Nyk and Courtney

and Sharod. There's 3 guys ahead of him in the slot that we know of.

As far as I am concerned, we have Benson and Harris as our main targets, and then a massive gap before any other real threats. I expect N Johnson to be much better this "season", but I have a hard time thinking any young guys will contribute too much.

I expect a lot of 2 tight end sets, and sometimes even 2 backs out there together.

and Sharod. There's 3 guys ahead of him in the slot that we know of.
I would have thought that too, but I know Sharod was getting time at one of the outside spots even though he isn't super tall. Thought this said something about what the coaches think about his ability to catch the ball

I would have thought that too, but I know Sharod was getting time at one of the outside spots even though he isn't super tall. Thought this said something about what the coaches think about his ability to catch the ball

The pre-spring depth chart at the slot was Nykiem, Courtney Jackson 'or' Sharod Johnson in that order.

Not that Lutz's path to the field is any clearer at RB but it would seem he's currently buried either way.

If they move Sharod back outside because of Cam, then maybe Lutz gets moved back to the slot. I sort of think Trebor Pena will be in the slot as well though. 6-0 185 blazing fast.

I once heard Dino say what he wants his slot guys to be tall AND fast. If they can't be tall they need to be a 'blur' and that was the word he used.

Game breaker. Remember watching him turn up field with catches fully expecting him to get caught from behind... And then watching him run away from defenders for six. Admittedly thought it was Hackett at first and was thoroughly confused until saw it was number 87 running into the end zone in front of me. 8 catches for 176 yards and 3 TDs as a frosh
Even using new math, that’s a solid 22 yards per catch. Pretty sweet, although he will not be a secret next year.

Even using new math, that’s a solid 22 yards per catch. Pretty sweet, although he will not be a secret next year.

Fair but which linebackers are going to be able to run with him in coverage if we get any semblance of pass pro? His 100m PR was a 10.52 to win states in PA last year. 2.4 wind aided but was consistent 10.8-10.9 guy regardless. JJ might be the only guy we have that can run with him, honestly don't even think the rest of our wide outs can.

Are you sure? I got this: ;-)

LatticeMethod3_500.gif

Fair but which linebackers are going to be able to run with him in coverage if we get any semblance of pass pro? His 100m PR was a 10.52 to win states in PA last year. 2.4 wind aided but was consistent 10.8-10.9 guy regardless. JJ might be the only guy we have that can run with him, honestly don't even think the rest of our wide outs can.
Wow. I hadn't seen his sprint times. That's flying.

What is that? Source, please...
Lattice. New math. I hate new math. The only part I concede is the work in non base 10... People struggle with binary and hex math.

Fast and tall doesn’t make a wr you need fluid hips and benson is tight , love him at TE
Benson should line up as the inside wide receiver on occasion. He's big enough to shield out the CB on an inside route and take one out if it's a short sideline route to the outside receiver. Not having an LB to go through would make him a terror in the defensive backfield. He has to be guarded because he's got great speed for a big guy.

Just got a 6 4” 180 Juco transfer
From Clayton Welch’s school
Wonder what his 40 is

Fall camp starts Friday ... if fall camp starts Alford will be there ! Next week will be telling
I can’t see the ncaa letting contact camp start if there isn’t going to be a season .
We will get a schedule with dates
If the dates are pushed back fall camp will get pushed back and probably more OTAs allowed . Next week is S____ or get off the pot