Next season | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Next season

And he isn't replacing anyone who was all ACC. Not sure he will be great or good but if he is consistently engaged. Sign him up.
Remember that Jimmy prepped for a year after HS and then played 3 years at Cornell. So he is an experienced older player who will do everything possible to make this work.

Here’s who you can count out for next year right away- QG, Dol, Sid, Woody, AG from what I am told. I hope as many come back as possible. aG is a head case and just doesn’t fit on this team and that’s fine. He’s replaceable. But everyone should prepare for a completely different team next year but not necessarily a bad one
If that group leaves we will be fine. Jessie and Benny are better than all of them. We do need to go out and get another big forward. We lack physicality.

Of course we can. Ridiculous. I love the kid but listening to this board he is the second coming of Magic Johnson. If he is here, we will be really good. If he isn't, we are going to bring in guys that replace the guys we lose.

If that happens, it matters not who we bring in because Joe will start over him. I’m not even sure Kadary starts over Joe given JBs insistence that starters remain starters.

But Dasher, Kadary is better than Joe. And the team is much better with him at the point. Without him next year, our ceiling is lower than this year.

when he and kadary came in they were down double digits...they got it back to 20-20...then both sat and the lead went back to 10 without them.
They were both in longer than that. However I did think JB might have started them in the 2nd half, they were playing so well, especially Jesse.

I mean, I'll still be a Syracuse fan regardless, but I will be pretty devastated if we lose Kadary. Maybe there are other factors at play outside of just playing time, but playing time is certainly a factor that should have been fixed and it wasn't. It would suck to lose who in my opinion is the best prospect we've gotten in the door in a long time before we even really get to see him blossom.

Edit: I say "in the door" because we haven't seen Benny play for Syracuse yet

Last edited:
If that happens, it matters not who we bring in because Joe will start over him. I’m not even sure Kadary starts over Joe given JBs insistence that starters remain starters.

But Dasher, Kadary is better than Joe. And the team is much better with him at the point. Without him next year, our ceiling is lower than this year.
Kadary has to improve his motor. He plays half speed at times. The past few games his jumper looked very good. That will help. He has to stay focused and cut out the careless turnovers. Rotations in the zone need to get better too. If he’s a hard worker he can get a lot better. I guarantee Joe will work his butt off. If you think Joe will just hand someone playing time, you don’t know him.

You have been unhappy with the results over the last 45 years? The zone didn't cost us this game tonight. They scored 62 pts.
Oh, we will have a pt guard next year. And Buddy will be a star. Benny will be real good. The questions start there. There are a lot of unhappy blue chip players out there. We will get our kid. the coach is very motivated. He wants to win on his way out and he wants to win for his boy"S. Yeah, that was plural.

Buddy will be who Buddy is. There is nothing he can do to make up for his lack of quickness and inability to beat a person off the dribble. He’ll continue to be a double digit scorer and horrendous defender. He won’t be a star, except in the mind of some of our posters. The bigger issue is who starts at PG. My contention is that JGIII starts in spite of everything. That‘s a mistake.

Buddy will be who Buddy is. There is nothing he can do to make up for his lack of quickness and inability to beat a person off the dribble. He’ll continue to be a double digit scorer and horrendous defender. He won’t be a star, except in the mind of some of our posters. The bigger issue is who starts at PG. My contention is that JGIII starts in spite of everything. That‘s a mistake.
He’s going to be preseason ACC POY, but keep on being you.

Don't know. Don't care. I care about what either of those two players would do in our system. All of those D-1 coaches, none of them wanted Buddy. Other than Few. We might want to wait and see what they both look like next year. the last time I saw Jimmy, he was scoring 25 against us.

With his brother and JGIII at the top of the zone (that team was the second worst defensive team in history, btw). How many points does he score against UVA or UH? ZIP, DADA, ZERO...

I will be surprised if Buddy isn’t a preseason All-American but sure, guy.

This simply isn't true. I wouldn't bet on Buddy overcoming those weaknesses but it's definitely possible to be a great scorer/college star without the athleticism to take guys off the dribble at will. He has to expand his bag and become more savvy/ideally get his jumper a little quicker.

Edit: Having said all this, it's definitely not an easy path and I very much disagree with the preseason POY/AA talk.

Kadary has to improve his motor. He plays half speed at times. The past few games his jumper looked very good. That will help. He has to stay focused and cut out the careless turnovers. Rotations in the zone need to get better too. If he’s a hard worker he can get a lot better. I guarantee Joe will work his butt off. If you think Joe will just hand someone playing time, you don’t know him.

Competition is always a good thing! But KR at half speed is a better PG than JGIII at full speed.

This simply isn't true. I wouldn't bet on Buddy overcoming those weaknesses but it's definitely possible to be a great scorer/college star without the athleticism to take guys off the dribble at will. He has to expand his bag and become more savvy/ideally get his jumper a little quicker.
Agree. I expect some improvement, but not Earth-shattering. Didn't JB in one of his 1000 interviews this past week say Buddy was going to work with someone in LA this summer on skills and quickness? I wonder who he was referring to.

You want to take wagers here? He’s definitely going to get a lot of preseason accolades next season. Honestly it’s weird you come here after that game when he basically carried us the past 15, but whatever.

I‘ve been saying all along that the way to stop Buddy is to put a lock down defender on him. That’s been true all year and was true last night. And it will be true next year.

Prediction: not as many leave as expected

Hope so. It's easier to hold on to good players you've already recruited than to recruit new good players. And their boost to team chemistry, their familiarity with our schemes goes without saying.

To me this is easier to say than to accomplish. Most teams don't have one.

But great teams do...We had a week to game a system that got him open looks. And it kinda worked. We got at least 3 open looks last night and missed all three. Stars don’t miss those shots. Maybe next year he doesn’t

You tell me what's considered good. Not being a jerk. Asking for your thoughts.

Actually, let me take that back, predict the starting lineup.
Trick question!

No one outside of the coaching staff, maybe, can consider the 2nd

*Good* as in makes the tournament? I’d take that bet the last 40+ years and be right at an unreal clip so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom