Next season | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Next season

Obviosly not. Edwards should have started the second half along with Richmond.
Not sure why everyone thinks this was the magic formula. Houston’s lead was about the same when Edwards/Richmond came in and their starters were not as fresh. We still didn’t make a dent. It wasn’t happening tonight. Not against that defense.

Don't know. Don't care. I care about what either of those two players would do in our system. All of those D-1 coaches, none of them wanted Buddy. Other than Few. We might want to wait and see what they both look like next year. the last time I saw Jimmy, he was scoring 25 against us.
To be fair most coaches weren’t going to waste their time recruiting a kid everyone knew was going to play for his dad.

Not sure why everyone thinks this was the magic formula. Houston’s lead was about the same when Edwards/Richmond came in and their starters were not as fresh. We still didn’t make a dent. It wasn’t happening tonight. Not against that defense.

Edwards was +10. you can say it wasn’t happening and I prob agree, but +10 from one player is a dent

Again, I ask, if we put Woody up against Jimmy for all the D1 coaches to choose, what percentage is choosing Jimmy?

Legit, asking.
You say that as if JB is choosing to trade one for the other. I bet he’d like to have both.

we’d be thrilled to take an Ivy League player? Really?

are we Syracuse or not?
We would have been thrilled to take Towns and/or Tape this year.

Edwards was +10. you can say it wasn’t happening and I prob agree, but +10 from one player is a dent
I said we didn’t make a dent with them in the second half. Wasn’t Edwards +14 in the first half? So didn’t you just prove my point?

yeah...I don’t get the appeal of these Ivy League guys. Tape didn’t play for a reason. Towns played 10 mins a game
PT wasn’t the reason why Tape was at Duke.

We would have been thrilled to take Towns and/or Tape this year.
Can we get the roster in a place where we wouldn’t be thrilled to take an Ivy League guy?

Or has that ship pretty much sailed in 2021?

Id rather have Bras/Woody/Frank/Jesse back than any Ivy League grad transfers at those spots.

If it ain’t Andrew White/Gillon, I don’t want them over our guys.

Buddy scored 25 against West Virginia last week. He scored 30 against Virginia the week before. Buddy needed help tonight. He wasn't just guarded by 1 guy. He was doubled quite a bit.
And mugged when he wasn’t.

Can we get the roster in a place where we wouldn’t be thrilled to take an Ivy League guy?

Or has that ship pretty much sailed in 2021?

Id rather have Bras/Woody/Frank/Jesse back than any Ivy League grad transfers at those spots.

If it ain’t Andrew White/Gillon, I don’t want them over our guys.
This is the state of college basketball, it’s not only happening at Syracuse. Look at our opponent tonight. A lot of transfers and not much of a bench.

wrong. go rewatch and repost.

wrong. go rewatch and repost.
I don’t need to rewatch the game, once was enough. We were down 10-11 when Edwards came in in the second half and 9-10 when he came out, right? Richmond came in later than Edwards, but came out around the same time. Correct me if I’m wrong.

We can probably expect Jesse to be back. I know a few mentioned his name but I can't see him leaving with us not having a 5 on the roster besides Frank. Hopefully Frank stays too. So far let's assume Buddy/Jesse/JG3/Braswell are locks.
View attachment 198933
He’s quoting all posts asking why he is sitting, wouldn’t shock me if he left. End of the day he doesn’t play, when he does he does decent enough to earn more minutes then sits more, all while the head coach is telling the entire world he isn’t ready and can’t play at this level. There is a D1 coach who thinks he’s ready enough and can play. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him leave at all.

The game was on TBS, not sure what you watched.

If Kadary leaves I’m sure we will try to bring in a transfer guard but let’s be honest what above average guard who does any due diligence will come here.

he knows he will never get minutes from Buddy and will most likely be behind Joe no matter if he is better or not. At this point I think I’ve seen enough of Joe to say he should be a bench guy whose brought in for some scoring in the right situation. Tonight showed he and buddy just can’t match up athletically against the better teams in the country.
Yeah the problem isn't just replacing Kadary from a talent standpoint, whoever comes in would automatically be behind Girard until they learned the zone, and we all know how that goes.

Buddy scored 25 against West Virginia last week. He scored 30 against Virginia the week before. Buddy needed help tonight. He wasn't just guarded by 1 guy. He was doubled quite a bit.

He was shut down the entire game by a guy with one hip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom