Next season | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Next season

Do you think we will have a better team than this year in your opinion?
Yes. Now, I have to think the ACC as a whole will be better next year. It was pretty blaze this year. And, we play in at least one monster OOC tournament next year. Maybe the best since JB started as a coach. We will play 3 games against the field that includes Arizona St., Auburn, Loyala Chicago, Mich St, . Ct., VCU and Baylor. Two wins of any sort there will be great. Plus at G-town and a B!G challenge game. Plus who knows who else. But our team should be better. And some of that includes addition by subtraction.

Last edited:
That’s one way to phrase it. Or he got shutdown by a long, lanky, physical defender playing essentially a box-and-one with doubles off screens and no one else on the floor a threat to do much offensively. That’s a tough spot for the non-Carmelos of the world.
Steve didn't understand that.

I think we will be better next year too... my only hesitation there is Marek took so much pressure off the guards this year. Having a more traditional 5 will be great — but Marek did a lot for us this year on rge offensive side

Jimmy seems like a shoe in for a Marek replacement. Lose ~2 inches but the rest seems comparable from a distance

Jimmy seems like a shoe in for a Marek replacement. Lose ~2 inches but the rest seems comparable from a distance
I’m fine with Jimmy if he plays 10-15mpg ... anything more than that would not be ideal

I’m fine with Jimmy if he plays 10-15mpg ... anything more than that would not be ideal
maybe we should wait to see how he looks next year before we make that judgment. I heard here his brother would be a fine reserve.

maybe we should wait to see how he looks next year before we make that judgment. I heard here his brother would be a fine reserve.
You’re right - but he shot 43% from the field his last season at Cornell. I don’t doubt he can contribute but nothing about his statline Indicates a big time ACC player.

Buddy was coming from HS. We’ve seen what Jimmy has done in D1 already, that’s the difference IMO

You’re right - but he shot 43% from the field his last season at Cornell. I don’t doubt he can contribute but nothing about his statline Indicates a big time ACC player.

Buddy was coming from HS. We’ve seen what Jimmy has done in D1 already, that’s the difference IMO
And he had big jumps in production at Cornell. I'm not saying he will be all ACC but he got a lot better his Jr year. And this year, he spent working on his game. And that will be true next year as well.

Here’s who you can count out for next year right away- QG, Dol, Sid, Woody, AG from what I am told. I hope as many come back as possible. aG is a head case and just doesn’t fit on this team and that’s fine. He’s replaceable. But everyone should prepare for a completely different team next year but not necessarily a bad one
Reading the tea leaves and exits and their replacements, from a playing time:
QG > obvious that Benny takes this role
AG > Bras + transfer (Jimmy B)
Marek/Sid > Jesse and Frank
Woody > never played much, but we’ll need to find a backup guard or forward in the portal

Roster by Minutes:
Buddy 35+
Kadary 30
Joe 15
Benny 30
Bras 20
Jimmy B 30
Jesse 25
Frank 15
JBA super scraps

If the portal doesn’t bring us Jimmy B, I’d expect us to find a forward and potentially a backup guard

Reading the tea leaves and exits and their replacements, from a playing time:
QG > obvious that Benny takes this role
AG > Bras + transfer (Jimmy B)
Marek/Sid > Jesse and Frank
Woody > never played much, but we’ll need to find a backup guard or forward in the portal

Roster by Minutes:
Buddy 35+
Kadary 30
Joe 15
Benny 30
Bras 20
Jimmy B 30
Jesse 25
Frank 15
JBA super scraps

If the portal doesn’t bring us Jimmy B, I’d expect us to find a forward and potentially a backup guard
JBA is gone I’m pretty sure

And he had big jumps in production at Cornell. I'm not saying he will be all ACC but he got a lot better his Jr year. And this year, he spent working on his game. And that will be true next year as well.
And he isn't replacing anyone who was all ACC. Not sure he will be great or good but if he is consistently engaged. Sign him up.

Sure would be nice to have a legitimate Plan B that isn't so apparently difficult to learn
Not sure why people think man-to man is easy to learn. Bob Huggins has never coached zone. He said his kids blew 3 straight assignments that left Buddy open.
Good defense is hard work, zone or man.

Ugg we don't need a second Boeheim on the floor for 35/night.

Next years team isn't making the tournament if Jimmy transfers here.
I remember people in this board saying we recruited the wrong Boeheim.

I don’t need to rewatch the game, once was enough. We were down 10-11 when Edwards came in in the second half and 9-10 when he came out, right? Richmond came in later than Edwards, but came out around the same time. Correct me if I’m wrong.
when he and kadary came in they were down double digits...they got it back to 20-20...then both sat and the lead went back to 10 without them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom