Next year’s starting line up ? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Next year’s starting line up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girard overcoming his poor shot selection is one of the reasons I think he'll improve... More importantly, with three other threats from 3pt, he will be open a little more often. I think defenses roll e try to blanket BB and Swider first, then matchups determine who they worry about more between Williams and Girard. I'm basing my 40% comments concerning Williams on the glowing scouting report from General 20 a few weeks ago.

This would be a situation where having more threats creates synergy among the shooters. At least for this season, gone are the days where we only had one guy we could trust to shoot.
I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, but many of those same comments were made this time last year about Griffin. Let's just say he didn't live up to the billing.

Joe's biggest problem is that he has to overcome a mentality that he's had for his entire life. As soon as he realizes he isn't the first or second option, he will get better on offense. I hope he makes that evolution, I really do. Because then he needs to work on the physical limitations as well.

I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, but many of those same comments were made this time last year about Griffin. Let's just say he didn't live up to the billing.

Joe's biggest problem is that he has to overcome a mentality that he's had for his entire life. As soon as he realizes he isn't the first or second option, he will get better on offense. I hope he makes that evolution, I really do. Because then he needs to work on the physical limitations as well.
That’s where the problem lies, he still shot 36 percent and through 2/3rds of the year he was our second best or best player.

Exceptions for him were super high, he wasn’t awful (until the very end) but he was never going to live up to the expectations that were put on him and he got hammered for it.

When Joe shoots 33 percent because he still doesn’t understand when and when not to shoot, Benny doesn’t take many 3s and Cole can’t get open and only take 4 or 5 a game each at a clip of 35% tops people will be shocked for some reason.

Expectations are super high this year and it blows my mind, this will be our worst defensive team since the Donte Greene team and we don’t have one person who can handle the ball. Having success hitting the three as a team requires superior ball movement and the willingness to make the extra pass. On top of that our inside scoring falls almost solely on Benny Williams, I don’t see many plays being drawn up for him.

That’s where the problem lies, he still shot 36 percent and through 2/3rds of the year he was our second best or best player.

Exceptions for him were super high, he wasn’t awful (until the very end) but he was never going to live up to the expectations that were put on him and he got hammered for it.

When Joe shoots 33 percent because he still doesn’t understand when and when not to shoot, Benny doesn’t take many 3s and Cole can’t get open and only take 4 or 5 a game each at a clip of 35% tops people will be shocked for some reason.

Expectations are super high this year and it blows my mind, this will be our worst defensive team since the Donte Greene team and we don’t have one person who can handle the ball. Having success hitting the three as a team requires superior ball movement and the willingness to make the extra pass. On top of that our inside scoring falls almost solely on Benny Williams, I don’t see many plays being drawn up for him.

What is a high expectation? I have read a lot more we will be on the bubble or worse comments or at least it's an equal split than anything all that great and even the better ones have been 6-9 seed. To me that isn't a high expectation. Now if we have a thread I've missed talking 3-6 seed at a high frequency then my bad. I just haven't seen anything remotely close to high expectations.

What is a high expectation? I have read a lot more we will be on the bubble or worse comments or at least it's an equal split than anything all that great and even the better ones have been 6-9 seed. To me that isn't a high expectation. Now if we have a thread I've missed talking 3-6 seed at a high frequency then my bad. I just haven't seen anything remotely close to high expectations.
I’ve seen maybe 4 or 5 of us saying bubble, we may just be louder.

This is a pretty long thread, you can get a good consensus here that people think we’re going to be pretty damn good.

I’ve seen maybe 4 or 5 of us saying bubble, we may just be louder.

This is a pretty long thread, you can get a good consensus here that people think we’re going to be pretty damn good.
I keep seeing better than last year. I'm not sure how that's possible, unless people are limiting it to regular season. The NCAA tourney run was something that will be very difficult to replicate or improve upon in my mind.

I keep seeing better than last year. I'm not sure how that's possible, unless people are limiting it to regular season. The NCAA tourney run was something that will be very difficult to replicate or improve upon in my mind.

I would say a fair range is better than last year in the regular season to worse. Considering the consensus is the entire season hinges on Joe I think the leaves a pretty wide swath of unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom