Next year, NY6 or better | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next year, NY6 or better

Next year is a whole new team, player leadership, and journey. Hopefully we do well and I expect we will but who knows. I’m enjoying the #17 ranking right now, Congrats to the coaches and Players,[/QUOTE

You have a sane, intelligent attitude. To think this team is cumulative into next year losing its MVP and main reason its been relevant the past 4 years is nuts. I love TD and think he is the man, but that may take time and will be dependent on how well he grasps the offense and speed of the league AND if our wrs develop more and show more than this year. ED allowed the lag on wr development this year along with the lag in the running game. Our skill positions will be magnified next year as they will now NEED to help the qb.

Next season is gonna be a bit of a reset, 7-5 and a bowl will be attainable and well earned. Pump the brakes...

crap. Is this b/c the ACC used one of its bowl options for the national semi-final this year?

crap. Is this b/c the ACC used one of its bowl options for the national semi-final this year?
The ACC didn't 'use' an option. The national semis rotate through the NY6 (Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton, Peach, Orange) every three years. When a bowl isn't a national semi, their normal contracts hold. Just our bad luck this year the Orange was one of the semifinal bowls.

After how bad we've been as long as we make a bowl game and Dino continues to bowl the program that is fine, but with a pretty weak schedule besides clemson nc state on the road i can see the excitement, but lets not get to far ahead of ourselves, if SU wins 10 games but loses at nc state and home vs clemson do they even put us in a NY6?

Orange bowl since #2 ACC goes there next year assuming Clemson will probably be in the playoffs again. But the big dream of course is the playoffs for us. Realistically though, the NY6 would be special.

To not be an elite level football program, getting to a NY6 is a big deal. I think the possibility is there, but you need health, players getting better from year to year, and a few stars to align.

To go into bowl season this year with nine wins and then to get a NY6 next year would be a monster two year run for a team that had back to back four win seasons and has been mediocre or bad for a generation (not to knock the Bowl years with Nassib).

Don't get me wrong, I always convince myself we can go undefeated, it's just an awesome feeling to know that there is a legitimate, albeit small, chance that it could happen next year.

We could run the table next year or go 7-5. My guess is another 9-3 year.

I want all the SU WR's to work with TD and CA as much as possible and develop some chemistry and included in that when the QB is in trouble where to go so they can make a play out of nothing.

Curious to see who on the OL steps up.

Think Ruff is going to have a very good year and this helps the new LB's and obviously the 2 DE's and DB's.

Super exciting stuff...a wonderful bowl this year and the future as well. Now let's get that 10th win Dino wants so badly to set the tone.

Agree. People need to get it in their heads that this year isn’t a fluke. The biggest returner is Dino Babers.
Is that a guarantee at this point? Honestly wondering because I haven't heard anything.

I think our big NY6/playoff/Natty year could be three years out. Devito a senior, Trevor probably in the NFL by then down in Clemson and we get them at home. 3 more years of depth building and talent coming it. If Dino hangs around

Just being the second highest ranked ACC team is all we need for the Orange Bowl next year or any non-Orange Bowl playoff year.
Win all 4 nonconference games.
Win 6 ACC games next year we will be in the Orange Bowl most likely.

And while a #20 SU couldn't make the Orange thanks to the CFP rotation, it should be noted that all three times the Sugar was not part of CFP rotation, they have had a non-Top 12 representative each time -

In 2015, UNC was left out of a NY6 Bowl thanks to #16 Oklahoma State Cowboys having to go to the Sugar. In 2016 it cost Colorado to be left out of a NY6 Bowl due #14 Auburn Tigers. And this year, that caused Penn State to be left out of a NY6 Bowl due #15 Texas Longhorns.

Cheers,
Neil

Having successfully predicted the CUSE to go 9 - 3 this season, my bold prediction for the 2019 regular season is 11 - 1. Predict we will beat Clemson in the Dome and stub our toe to one ACC team on the road. With our first ACC football crown, the CUSE wins its semi-final CFP game vs. Texas and loses in the National Championship game vs. Georgia to finish 13 - 2. Why not!

C’mon. It’s just showing that basically chance and bad timing kept us from the Orange Bowl vs Michigan.

Better you than me. I swear, some of these guys sometimes.

It's not like we were saying 'if we could have only beat Notre Dame!'

Just being the second highest ranked ACC team is all we need for the Orange Bowl next year or any non-Orange Bowl playoff year.
Win all 4 nonconference games.
Win 6 ACC games next year we will be in the Orange Bowl most likely.

ish doesn't have time for your facts mister!

Having successfully predicted the CUSE to go 9 - 3 this season, my bold prediction for the 2019 regular season is 11 - 1. Predict we will beat Clemson in the Dome and stub our toe to one ACC team on the road. With our first ACC football crown, the CUSE wins its semi-final CFP game vs. Texas and loses in the National Championship game vs. Georgia to finish 13 - 2. Why not!
you mean 12-2.
but sure.

It's very hard for the stars to align but if ever there is a year it's next year. We could possibly be favored in every conference game except Clemson. We get Clemson at home.

DeVito is more than capable of leading this team. Yes we have to replace our tackles and Chris Slayton. But we return basically every other player on the team. The skill guys and defense should be better next year.

woah this is a bit aggressive. FL state will be better than last year and I'm not quite sure about the strength of our OOC schedule. We lose a lot on the OL and in the front 7. Not to mention that we lucked out on major injuries this year. I would take another top 25 season and high quality bowl for sure. Gone are the days of hoping for a 500 season and any type of bowl game.

woah this is a bit aggressive. FL state will be better than last year and I'm not quite sure about the strength of our OOC schedule. We lose a lot on the OL and in the front 7. Not to mention that we lucked out on major injuries this year. I would take another top 25 season and high quality bowl for sure. Gone are the days of hoping for a 500 season and any type of bowl game.
No reason Syracuse football can’t become like Northwestern football and be a consistent 8-9 wins a season team and with the possibility of knocking off a big boy and being a 10 win team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom