Next Year's PG - Hope for Howard | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Next Year's PG - Hope for Howard

From what I understand, Hop was less tolerant of FH than JB was. I've heard that Hop was ready to cut bait, but JB wouldn't pull the trigger.

So it makes sense that Frank will be back, if that is how things work out. If he is, hopefully he will not be a distraction and disruptive to the team on and off the floor. If he can do that, then having him back won't be bad. If he doesn't turn that corner...

Along those lines, is it your thinking Hop will run a tighter ship regarding off the court issues at Washington than JB does?

Taking just his play on the court is enough for me too say getting a starting calibur PG somehow should be priority #1 right now. Beg, Barrow, steal I don't care how but it's vital to our success. Howard was a broken record making the same mistakes on both ends repeatedly. Forget the off court stuff, I saw enough of what he did on the court. Sure he can improve but I don't want to bet the season on it.

Per todays presser: Frank is welcome back and JB is willing to give him the keys to the car if he works throughout the off-season.

All of the incessant talk of his premature death were wrong per the head coach.

Now I just hope he decides to come back. Secondarily, I hope all the insiders that burned him at the stake this season support him next.
That means nothing. Right now JB needs backcourt bodies.

Along those lines, is it your thinking Hop will run a tighter ship regarding off the court issues at Washington than JB does?

History bears this out, so this isn't a slam against JB, but I don't see how it is possible to NOT run a tighter ship than JB historically has. He's as laissez faire as can be.

I always root for the guy on the team that comes out of the game after his first mistake out on the floor. JB has one guy on every team he does this to, and I don;t remember it ever working well for the player. It's impossible to play well when you know after your first bad play you are coming out of the game. If this was happening to me, I would have a piss poor attitude as well. I'm in the minority I know, but if JB was more patient with Frank he might have grown some this year. Maybe if Frank stays he will be be servicable by his Senior year like Xmas, who also was ripped out of the game after mistake #1 his Freshman and Soph years.

Did you even watch the Georgetown game? I was praying Boeheim would rip him out of the game as the mistakes kept piling up. Didn't realize Battle was hurt and we had no other options.

Uconn, he was horrid. SC, Wisconsin... He got plenty of chances to play through mistakes. He was terrible against any team with a pulse for 2 months. The team started playing better when they bagged him completely for a couple games.

Did you even watch the Georgetown game? I was praying Boeheim would rip him out of the game as the mistakes kept piling up. Didn't realize Battle was hurt and we had no other options.

Uconn, he was horrid. SC, Wisconsin... He got plenty of chances to play through mistakes. He was terrible against any team with a pulse for 2 months. The team started playing better when they bagged him completely for a couple games.

After that early charge against SC it was pretty much over for Howard. That was a bad call IMO but he seemed to question everything he was doing after that and take offense to getting pulled for making multiple mistakes.

He and Battle gives us a lot of length up top. Frank just needs to be smart out there. It doesn't seem to come naturally to him.

I would be concerned about Battle's return. Not a happy camper from what I hear/considering all options.

I would be concerned about Battle's return. Not a happy camper from what I hear/considering all options.

I hear you but other than NBA I'm not sure what other options are all that appealing. He's going to be too good to sit out next year IMO.

Oh great.

Ugh. Because of Hop? Other stuff?

I hear you but other than NBA I'm not sure what other options are all that appealing. He's going to be too good to sit out next year IMO.
Exactly. He will be the number one option playing in the best conference. No way is he going to transfer. Besides that its going pro. Interesting.

Exactly. He will be the number one option playing in the best conference. No way is he going to transfer. Besides that its going pro. Interesting.

I'm not making any predictions because these types of situations are fluid. But the unhappiness part is real. Trust me. My source is good. You only had to be around here yesterday morning to know that.

I'm not making any predictions because these types of situations are fluid. But the unhappiness part is real. Trust me. My source is good. You only had to be around here yesterday morning to know that.

Need Red and GMac to smooth things over. Hop was a key part of the program's culture - sounds like there is serious mending to do.

The best conference? ;)
I wasn't sure how to word it. And I remembered how some of our games weren't even on TV so I couldn't say best exposure. I was hoping I would get a pass so just left it. Ok, so the conference sucked it up in post season. Let's just say its the NCAA's fault and agree staying at Cuse would be in the best interest of everyone.

well head coach mr. sunshine is sure to be more hands on in day to day operations...

scared-child-clown.jpg

I wasn't sure how to word it. And I remembered how some of our games weren't even on TV so I couldn't say best exposure. I was hoping I would get a pass so just left it. Ok, so the conference sucked it up in post season. Let's just say its the NCAA's fault and agree staying at Cuse would be in the best interest of everyone.

Just having fun. No worries.

Nothing would surprise me at this point. The sun barely set on the season and Lydon was ready to run away. Everything seems toxic right now.

And a certain family member isn't helping our cause.