Next Year's PG - Hope for Howard | Syracusefan.com

Next Year's PG - Hope for Howard

l'orange

Scout Team
Who is it going to be? I remember being so excited about Howard going into this season. What happened? In the past, I can remember many SU fans being frustrated with Scoop but I think he really pulled it together in his last couple seasons. Can Howard follow a similar path? It sounds like some of you have written him off, I guess I am still holding out hope.

Here are Howard's averages for this year:
  • MIN - 16
  • FG% - .35
  • AST - 3.7
  • STL - 1.2
  • TO - 1.7
  • PTS - 4.4
Double Howard's minutes for 32 minutes / game
  • MIN - 32
  • FG% - .35
  • AST - 7.4
  • STL - 2.4
  • TO - 3.4
  • PTS - 8.8
Scoop's Junior Year (2010-2011)
  • MIN - 32
  • FG% - .42
  • AST - 5.9
  • STL - 1.6
  • TO - 2.9
  • PTS - 12.5
Now, I really like Scoop and to me this helps me be more hopeful. 2010-2011 was a good year, granted our roster was stacked but Scoop lead that team to 27-8.

Who is it going to be? I remember being so excited about Howard going into this season. What happened? In the past, I can remember many SU fans being frustrated with Scoop but I think he really pulled it together in his last couple seasons. Can Howard follow a similar path? It sounds like some of you have written him off, I guess I am still holding out hope.

• MIN - 16
  • FG% - .35
  • AST - 3.7
  • STL - 1.2
  • TO - 1.7
  • PTS - 4.4
  • MIN - 32
  • FG% - .35
  • AST - 7.4
  • STL - 2.4
  • TO - 3.4
  • PTS - 8.8
  • MIN - 32
  • FG% - .42
  • AST - 5.9
  • STL - 1.6
  • TO - 2.9
  • PTS - 12.5
Now, I really like Scoop and to me this helps me be more hopeful. 2010-2011 was a good year, granted our roster was stacked but Scoop lead that team to 27-8.
Oh it'll be Howard. Howard Washington.

Frank's biggest problem is between his ears.

1llbwj.jpg

It never felt like Scoop was playing out of position. His decision making at times was frustrating i.e. the ill advised three late against Butler.

scoop.jpg
Here's my Father's Day card from 2015 (three years after Scoop graduated), in which my daughter thought the image that best captured me was one of me screaming at Scoop through the television while having a coronary. Scoop matured as a player as he went along, but it wasn't all roses and daisies along the way.

I would give my dog away to have Scoop on the team next year!

Headcase Howard will be gone and we will only have one Howard on the team next year who hails from the home of the Chicken Wing.

View attachment 92343 Here's my Father's Day card from 2015 (three years after Scoop graduated), in which my daughter thought the image that best captured me was one of me screaming at Scoop through the television while having a coronary. Scoop matured as a player as he went along, but it wasn't all roses and daisies.

That's absolutely fantastic.

• MIN - 16
  • FG% - .35
  • AST - 3.7
  • STL - 1.2
  • TO - 1.7
  • PTS - 4.4
  • MIN - 32
  • FG% - .35
  • AST - 7.4
  • STL - 2.4
  • TO - 3.4
  • PTS - 8.8
  • MIN - 32
  • FG% - .42
  • AST - 5.9
  • STL - 1.6
  • TO - 2.9
  • PTS - 12.5
I am in the camp of people that were very high on Frank coming in, and although I do not have any inside info, there are several people that do have more accurate information that he won't be here.

If he is here though, I'm not sure that doubling his stats is a very good measure for how he played this season. You have to remember that those numbers are very skewed, after feasting on cupcakes the beginning of the season. I mean at one point a few games in, he was averaging double figures in assists. The real sign of his season, was how he played in those first couple tough OOC games. He was playing 30 plus minutes then(before the switch to Gillon) and his numbers were dreadful!

• MIN - 16
  • FG% - .35
  • AST - 3.7
  • STL - 1.2
  • TO - 1.7
  • PTS - 4.4
  • MIN - 32
  • FG% - .35
  • AST - 7.4
  • STL - 2.4
  • TO - 3.4
  • PTS - 8.8
  • MIN - 32
  • FG% - .42
  • AST - 5.9
  • STL - 1.6
  • TO - 2.9
  • PTS - 12.5
Howard looks to me like a deer in the headlights and I don't know if you can coach around that. He is easily frustrated and has a long memory. He looks overwhelmed and over his head .

View attachment 92343 Here's my Father's Day card from 2015 (three years after Scoop graduated), in which my daughter thought the image that best captured me was one of me screaming at Scoop through the television while having a coronary. Scoop matured as a player as he went along, but it wasn't all roses and daisies along the way.
just awesome

View attachment 92343 Here's my Father's Day card from 2015 (three years after Scoop graduated), in which my daughter thought the image that best captured me was one of me screaming at Scoop through the television while having a coronary. Scoop matured as a player as he went along, but it wasn't all roses and daisies along the way.

This is adorable.

That's fantastic! I'm not allowed to watch Cuse games around the kids. Too much salty language for their little ears.

That's fantastic! I'm not allowed to watch Cuse games around the kids. Too much salty language for their little ears.

My boy is 13 now so I just have to watch myself if he has friends over. And I'm pretty bad even then.

...I'm not sure that doubling his stats is a very good measure for how he played this season. You have to remember that those numbers are very skewed, after feasting on cupcakes the beginning of the season. I mean at one point a few games in, he was averaging double figures in assists. The real sign of his season, was how he played in those first couple tough OOC games. He was playing 30 plus minutes then(before the switch to Gillon) and his numbers were dreadful!

This is very fair to say. I am trying to find some reason to hold out hope for Howard and SU. We desperately need a PG. As others have said we don't necessarily need a scorer with Battle, Thompson, Moyer and possibly Lydon, we need a first class distributor and defender. I think Howard could be that guy IF he gain find his confidence.

Frank Howard is not a PG. if he's here next year, I really hope the hall isn't in his hands.

He's got a terrible handle, is very slow, is not a good passer and struggles to beat anybody and finish off the bounce. All he has going for him is height. I still think his best spot would be as a 2 if he can improve the jumper. I do not want to see him play 20+ minutes at PG here.

Your daughter has big time potential.
I would call her style "Syracuse Fan Realist."

But how is some of this Basquiat stuff much different?
(Scroll about half way down the page).

Jean Michel-Basquiat is Receiving his First Major UK Exhibition | Unrated

Do people who bring up Howard's stats realize they are inflated by a few huge games against cupcakes? Guess not. He was awful this year, I don't care what the stats project out to. If he's back, I expect that we will not guarantee him any sort of role. Rightfully so. He made his bed.

no necessarily here to defend him, but this is just not true - FH is actually an exceptional passer

Not sure about that. He makes poor decisions often and his lack of quickness hurts him. He doesn't have tremendous hand/eye coordination from what I've seen. It is odd, though, he showed flashes last year of being a great passer last season. He really regressed.