Next Year's PG - Hope for Howard | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Next Year's PG - Hope for Howard

I always root for the guy on the team that comes out of the game after his first mistake out on the floor. JB has one guy on every team he does this to, and I don;t remember it ever working well for the player. It's impossible to play well when you know after your first bad play you are coming out of the game. If this was happening to me, I would have a piss poor attitude as well. I'm in the minority I know, but if JB was more patient with Frank he might have grown some this year. Maybe if Frank stays he will be be servicable by his Senior year like Xmas, who also was ripped out of the game after mistake #1 his Freshman and Soph years.

The one person I remember it working for was Rony Seikaly. It took until about his junior year to really click, but I don't I ever saw an SU player get yelled at so much who wound up being a star player like he did.

I'm not hellbent on anything. just think its funny that some people are hellbent on getting howard out of town when another player was even worse in the team chemistry department but because he had more talent, its ok to overlook it.

Well, in fairness JB has run a lot of guys out of here for bad attitudes or too much drama, too. If Dion has the skills that required him to stay here 4 years, he probably wouldn't have lasted that long. Just look at DeShaun Williams or Louis McCrosky or Josh Wright or Paul Harris or Eric Devendorf.

View attachment 92343 Here's my Father's Day card from 2015 (three years after Scoop graduated), in which my daughter thought the image that best captured me was one of me screaming at Scoop through the television while having a coronary. Scoop matured as a player as he went along, but it wasn't all roses and daisies along the way.

This masterpiece contains creative use of alternate spellings to evoke the emotional impact of more colorful phrases.

I would be concerned about Battle's return. Not a happy camper from what I hear/considering all options.

Wait what am I missing..is battle upset about Frank staying or upset that hop left? Not sure why he would be upset about hop leaving to the point of him exploring his options seeing as tho JB was always going to be coaching him next year if he came back after this season? I mean I can see him being upset that he's losing a coach who he was probably close to but not to the point of wanting out...unless I totally misread these posts and it's more about Frankie boy sticking around the program?

There are issues with his skillset, but the real reason he has to go is his attitude. Even if most of the behind the scenes internet rumors are not true, just seeing his mouthing to the Coach on the sidelines & his overall visible sullenness on the sidelines makes him a poison. No, the choice will not be his, the staff would be crazy to allow his return.

I have made posts in the past saying that if all of the internet stuff was true that he should have been thrown off of the team, but that we should support Frank as long as he was still on the team. Subsequent to those posts, I have seen the mouthing and the sullenness for myself on the sideline. IMHO, if we had any resemblence of a third guard Frank would have already been gone, but we don't, so the staff is eating some crow for the time being. That will end in the off-season. Better players with better attitudes than Frank has have been shown the door.
and that disappoints me about this program on so many levels. We are SU BASKETBALL - if any talent, let alone a mid-level one like Frank Howard , doesn't want to buy in or appreciate what that is, see ya. If true that we are keeping him around because we need him - that saddens me. Standards and expectations are constants. Once you start caving on that the rest is all malarkey.

Tyus is getting the keys to the kingdom next year. All turbulence aside, this kid is going to be the #1 option on a top tier program (not meaning top ranked).

If we make the tourney comfortably and Tyus has been running the show, he's going to get an insane amount of press.

He puts in work and his name is going to sky rocket up the draft boards.

Well, in fairness JB has run a lot of guys out of here for bad attitudes or too much drama, too. If Dion has the skills that required him to stay here 4 years, he probably wouldn't have lasted that long. Just look at DeShaun Williams or Louis McCrosky or Josh Wright or Paul Harris or Eric Devendorf.
4 of those guys weren't very good. The other caused had PR for the program

Wait what am I missing..is battle upset about Frank staying or upset that hop left? Not sure why he would be upset about hop leaving to the point of him exploring his options seeing as tho JB was always going to be coaching him next year if he came back after this season? I mean I can see him being upset that he's losing a coach who he was probably close to but not to the point of wanting out...unless I totally misread these posts and it's more about Frankie boy sticking around the program?

I'm not sure what it's about but I just know the issue (unhappiness) exists. I don't think it's about Hopkins because the issue predates Hopkins' departure.

Nothing would surprise me at this point. The sun barely set on the season and Lydon was ready to run away. Everything seems toxic right now.
Judging by JB's pressers this season, he was extremely angry/cranky. I bet the whole atmosphere wasn't much fun for any of the players this season.

I would be concerned about Battle's return. Not a happy camper from what I hear/considering all options.

So say what it is instead of leading people on.

So say what it is instead of leading people on.

I'm not leading anybody on. I thought I made that pretty clear above. I hear he is unhappy and considering all options. Why he is unhappy? I don't know. I didn't want to push it. Been given enough info lately as it is.