NFL Championship Games | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Championship Games

I’m excited for this super bowl.

But I was excited for Broncos/Seahawks as well.

2004 BCS title game: Two blue-blood. Undefeated Southern California vs. undefeated Oklahoma . Each team has TWO Heisman trophy winners in it's backfield: Matt Leinhart and Reggie Bush for USC and Jason White and Adrian Peterson for OU, (although Peterson didn't stay long enough to get his- he was actually the best of the four). Just sit back and watch one of the greatest games ever player. Result: Trojans 55 Sooners 19.

2005 BCS title game. Two undefeated blue bloods again: USC and Texas, both averaging 50 points a game. the Trojans still have Leinhart and Bush. Texas counters with Vince Young. But Texas is from the same conference as Oklahoma and I figure USC will do to them what they did to OU. Result: Longhorns 41 Trojans 38. Greatest game of all time.

You just don't know, although Super Bowls, which once had a reputation for being one-sided, have tended to be excellent games in recent years. I've never been quite sure what that changed but it did in the mid-90's.

2004 BCS title game: Two blue-blood. Undefeated Southern California vs. undefeated Oklahoma . Each team has TWO Heisman trophy winners in it's backfield: Matt Leinhart and Reggie Bush for USC and Jason White and Adrian Peterson for OU, (although Peterson didn't stay long enough to get his- he was actually the best of the four). Just sit back and watch one of the greatest games ever player. Result: Trojans 55 Sooners 19.

2005 BCS title game. Two undefeated blue bloods again: USC and Texas, both averaging 50 points a game. the Trojans still have Leinhart and Bush. Texas counters with Vince Young. But Texas is from the same conference as Oklahoma and I figure USC will do to them what they did to OU. Result: Longhorns 41 Trojans 38. Greatest game of all time.

You just don't know, although Super Bowls, which once had a reputation for being one-sided, have tended to be excellent games in recent years. I've never been quite sure what that changed but it did in the mid-90's.
I’m pretty sure Jason White was undergoing another knee surgery as I read this post.

I don't know if the Chiefs win this game but the over/under on SB's they win with this QB has to be at least 2. That's got to feel good. One less miserable fanbase to relate to.

The Packers stink; anyone that was paying attention knew that. It's funny how you never hear an announcer say "ya know maybe the stat guys were on to something with them being a lucky 10-6 team" after a game like that when all you would've heard was pompous ridicule from Aikman had they somehow won.

I don't know if the Chiefs win this game but the over/under on SB's they win with this QB has to be at least 2. That's got to feel good. One less miserable fanbase to relate to.

The Packers stink; anyone that was paying attention knew that. It's funny how you never hear an announcer say "ya know maybe the stat guys were on to something with them being a lucky 10-6 team" after a game like that when all you would've heard was pompous ridicule from Aikman had they somehow won.

they and Seattle were the two fraud teams in the playoffs .. ... Green Bay should have lost twice to Detroit ..

AFC Championship ratings.
Sunday: Chiefs-Titans: 41.11 million viewers
2018/19: Patriots-Chiefs: 53.92 million viewers.
2017/18: Patriots-Jaguars: 44.08 million viewers.
2016/17: Steelers-Patriots: 48.0 million viewers.

I guess people love hate watching against the Patriots.

AFC Championship ratings.
Sunday: Chiefs-Titans: 41.11 million viewers
2018/19: Patriots-Chiefs: 53.92 million viewers.
2017/18: Patriots-Jaguars: 44.08 million viewers.
2016/17: Steelers-Patriots: 48.0 million viewers.

I guess people love hate watching against the Patriots.

that number is a referendum on the titans more than anything ..

Ya, AFC South, bleh. I like Cousin Sal's tweet that Titans-Texans was going to be Thursday night. Also helps to be the 2nd game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom