NFL Draft 2016 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Draft 2016

I'd prefer Hackenburg.
Yea, for the record, im not a fan of a QB in the 2nd Round. I like Tyrod Taylor and want to see what he can do this year.

2nd Round pick should be defense or Boyd, Thomas, Spriggs or Hunter Henry imo.

everybody has the CB Alexander going quick.

so, this is now shaking out that there is 7 good DL/LBs available.

the Giants pick 9th.

then some skill players that the Giants don't need will be coming off.

so they will be reaching for an OL or something.

shoot.

me.

now.

are the Knicks somehow involved with the Giants draft???

Yea, for the record, im not a fan of a QB in the 2nd Round. I like Tyrod Taylor and want to see what he can do this year.

2nd Round pick should be defense or Boyd, Thomas, Spriggs or Hunter Henry imo.

To me, there's so many picks between now and Buffalo's 2nd rounder...it really just depends on how things play out. I never thought Buffalo had a chance at taking Shaq, Darron Lee, or Myles Jack, and all 3 ended up falling to them lol.

If it plays out a certain way, I could see a bunch of different options for Buffalo at the following positions:

QB: Hackenburg or Cook
WR: Tyler Boyd, Leonte Carroo, Michael Thomas
OL: Jason Spriggs, LeRaven Clark, Cody Whitehair
DL: Jarran Reed, Jonathan Bullard, Chris Jones, Javon Hargrave
LB: Myles Jack (probably need to trade up to have a shot at him)
Safety: Su'a Cravens, Vonn Bell, Jeremy Cash (not sure he's a 2nd rounder, but he's a guy that I like a lot)

John Mara wouldn't be called classy every time he opened his mouth like the national media mandates if his team took Tunsil.
Why they didn't trade out and get Decker if they wanted an OL or take the talent of Tunsil is interesting.

Also, why did the Eagles trade up Wentz when they could have gotten Lynch later. Wentz doesn't scream a sure thing which is what you trade up for. Roseman must be getting killed in Philly. I get next year's Qb class is Deshaun Watson and nothing but Philly gambled on an unknown IMO.

There is not enough bandwidth on my computer for me to respond. Lurie is an idiot that won't hire a football guy because he wants to meddle. Ergo Howie Roseman. Team has so many holes and these clowns mortgage the future in essentially a russian roulette move.

You know - based on history - that either Goff or Wentz will be a moderate to severe disappointment. Bradford played well last year given the new system, two years off an injury, a horrible OL and the worst WR core in the league. Other than that I'm delighted with how everything is shaping up for the Birds.

There is not enough bandwidth on my computer for me to respond. Lurie is an idiot that won't hire a football guy because he wants to meddle. Ergo Howie Roseman. Team has so many holes and these clowns mortgage the future in essentially a russian roulette move.

You know - based on history - that either Goff or Wentz will be a moderate to severe disappointment. Bradford played well last year given the new system, two years off an injury, a horrible OL and the worst WR core in the league. Other than that I'm delighted with how everything is shaping up for the Birds.
I just heard Roseman's PC from last night and I feel for Eagles fans. He sounds like a pencil necked geek talking about how nice Wentz was to a restaurant hostess and manager.

I can't believe the stuff he was saying in that geek voice. Wow Philly fans have to be pissed with this guy as the GM.
Giants/Cowboys/Redskin fans should be happy with him.

longislandcuse said:
How would Buffalo fans feel about 2nd Round - Connor Cook? I've seen him linked to us a few times.

I don't want to take a QB this early but if we do, I prefer him over Hackenburg. I would hold off and grab Kevin Hogan in a later round

I just heard Roseman's PC from last night and I feel for Eagles fans. He sounds like a pencil necked geek talking about how nice Wentz was to a restaurant hostess and manager.

I can't believe the stuff he was saying in that geek voice. Wow Philly fans have to be pissed with this guy as the GM.
Giants/Cowboys/Redskin fans should be happy with him.

Not to worry. Eagle fans are patient and willing to play the long game. :(

http://deadspin.com/someones-been-trying-to-sell-that-laremy-tunsil-gas-mas-1773782920

Someone has been trying to shop this stuff around for weeks.

Kid smokes weed and got money for rent. Big deal.

If this bothers you, you shouldn't watch big time college sports.

Its not a big deal to me, I bet you half of these players drafted last night at one point in their lives smoked weed, I smoked a lot back in my day. The reason Tunsil dropped was that he had more questions than that. The whole lawsuit with his stepdad, the domestic incident, and I think there were a couple of other things. It was a collection of red flags.

John Mara wouldn't be called classy every time he opened his mouth like the national media mandates if his team took Tunsil.
Why they didn't trade out and get Decker if they wanted an OL or take the talent of Tunsil is interesting.

Also, why did the Eagles trade up Wentz when they could have gotten Lynch later. Wentz doesn't scream a sure thing which is what you trade up for. Roseman must be getting killed in Philly. I get next year's Qb class is Deshaun Watson and nothing but Philly gambled on an unknown IMO.

They have a conviction about Wentz, I don't know much about the kid, but I am not sold on Lynch.

They have a conviction about Wentz, I don't know much about the kid, but I am not sold on Lynch.

They better have conviction. They gave up a king's ransom. Anything short of elite level QB performance out of Wentz will make this a bad deal. I'm afraid that first rounder to Cleveland next year will be a top five pick.

They better have conviction. They gave up a king's ransom. Anything short of elite level QB performance out of Wentz will make this a bad deal. I'm afraid that first rounder to Cleveland next year will be a top five pick.

Of course, but you need a franchise qb to win in this league, and Bradford isn't it. If Wentz is the real deal, the trade was worth it, if not it sets your franchise back five years.

really just gave up too much for him, but don't listen to me...I hope they did. I am however, ok with the player.

now Bradford, he is an arse, he got a boat load of $$ for 2 years...not 5 years...2 years.

what did he think that meant??

as for God's Team...I want a DE or LB and an OT tonight.

if they get me a WR, im going to need to hear a really good sell job for I think they can find 1 as an FA to go with OBJ, Cruz and Harris.

really just gave up too much for him, but don't listen to me...I hope they did. I am however, ok with the player.

now Bradford, he is an arse, he got a boat load of $$ for 2 years...not 5 years...2 years.

if they get me a WR, im going to need to hear a really good sell job for I think they can find 1 as an FA to go with OBJ, Cruz and Harris.

You can't give up to much to get a franchise qb, like I said before if they aren't right about it, it will set the Eagles back five years.

Carson Wentz is completely unknown. Philly gave up 2 1sts, 2nd, and 3rd for an unknown.
If he ends up the next Joe Flacco Philly will be lucky but I wouldn't trade all that for Flacco.

Wentz had 25 starts in college for a loaded North Dakota State dynasty.

The stupidest part of the trade was Philly wasn't even guaranteed Wentz if that is so they wanted. If LA changed their mind or something Tunsil happened to Goff then Philly would have been stuck with Goff.

Philly was stupid for making this deal before the draft. Howie Roseman might be the dumbest GM/Executive in the NFL and that is hard.

Carson Wentz is completely unknown. Philly gave up 2 1sts, 2nd, and 3rd for an unknown.
If he ends up the next Joe Flacco Philly will be lucky but I wouldn't trade all that for Flacco.

Wentz had 25 starts in college for a loaded North Dakota State dynasty.

The stupidest part of the trade was Philly wasn't even guaranteed Wentz if that is so they wanted. If LA changed their mind or something Tunsil happened to Goff then Philly would have been stuck with Goff.

Philly was stupid for making this deal before the draft. Howie Roseman might be the dumbest GM/Executive in the NFL and that is hard.

I think they had equal, or close to equal grades on both qbs, thats why they made the trade.

You can't give up to much to get a franchise qb, like I said before if they aren't right about it, it will set the Eagles back five years.
oh I agree, I guess im more shocked at the 'inflation' factor of the 2nd in 2018 for a d1aa kid whos obviously not coming off 4 years in the SEC.

Eli cost the Giants (in addition to the swap) a 3 and next years 1.

Super Bowl Champions in year 4.

good luck...

oh I agree, I guess im more shocked at the 'inflation' factor of the 2nd in 2018 for a d1aa kid whos obviously not coming off 4 years in the SEC.

Eli cost the Giants (in addition to the swap) a 3 and next years 1.

Super Bowl Champions in year 4.

good luck...
Giants paid less because the trade was from 1 to 4.
The further the gap the ore you pay.
Philly traded from 8 to 2.

The Rams gave up 15th pick, 2 2nd rounders(one from Philly for Sam Bradford that trade looks even worse), 3rd round and next year's 1st and 3rd.

Philly only gave up 8th pick, 3rd round pick, next year's 1st, 2018 2nd round.

The gaps dictate the compensation.

I just don't think this trade made any sense because Philly had no control who they were getting and I highly doubt both Goff and Wentz will both be good.

everybody has the CB Alexander going quick.

so, this is now shaking out that there is 7 good DL/LBs available.

the Giants pick 9th.

then some skill players that the Giants don't need will be coming off.

so they will be reaching for an OL or something.

shoot.

me.

now.

are the Knicks somehow involved with the Giants draft???
th

Of course, but you need a franchise qb to win in this league, and Bradford isn't it. If Wentz is the real deal, the trade was worth it, if not it sets your franchise back five years.

As per your last sentence, like I said - russian roulette.

Bradford played well last year with a lousy OL and WRs.

As for franchise QBs and winning- Denver won last year with a game manager who couldn't throw the ball 30 yards. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson also won SBs. Sanchez took the Jets to a couple of AFC title games. You win with defense. Even when the Birds went to all those NFC title games- as much as I like McNabb- those teams won because of their defense.

As per your last sentence, like I said - russian roulette.

Bradford played well last year with a lousy OL and WRs.

As for franchise QBs and winning- Denver won last year with a game manager who couldn't throw the ball 30 yards. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson also won SBs. Sanchez took the Jets to a couple of AFC title games. You win with defense. Even when the Birds went to all those NFC title games- as much as I like McNabb- those teams won because of their defense.

Bradford is also always hurt, the Broncos had a really good defense, putting together a really good defense like that, isn't easy. That 2000 raven defense was an all time great defense, the bucs defense was a really good defense.

Bradford is also always hurt, the Broncos had a really good defense, putting together a really good defense like that, isn't easy. That 2000 raven defense was an all time great defense, the bucs defense was a really good defense.

Every year the best defenses make the playoffs. The statistical coorelation is very, very high. Meanwhile I don't believe that the highest scoring team has ever won a SB.

KaiserUEO said:
really just gave up too much for him, but don't listen to me...I hope they did. I am however, ok with the player. now Bradford, he is an arse, he got a boat load of $$ for 2 years...not 5 years...2 years. what did he think that meant?? as for God's Team...I want a DE or LB and an OT tonight. if they get me a WR, im going to need to hear a really good sell job for I think they can find 1 as an FA to go with OBJ, Cruz and Harris.

Would you be ok with taking a flyer on Jaylon Smith in the 2nd even though he'll be a year away? Might be best LB in the draft.

Bradford has a very legit beef. He signs a two year deal and then the Eagles unload all of their draft picks for this year and next year, virtually assuring that he will play behind the worst OL in football while continuing to have the pleasure of throwing to a WR group that had the most drops in the NFL last year. Dropped DeSean Jackson (I'm sure you see him in occasional nightmares) and Jeremy Maclin but kept Riley Cooper. What?

If the Birds had told Bradford that they planned to unload all of those picks then he never would have signed with them.