NFL draft thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NFL draft thread

Davis Webb might be the best QB out there who hasn't taken a pro snap yet...

Davis Webb might be the best QB out there who hasn't taken a pro snap yet...
nfl-buffalo-bills-at-new-york-jets-f16c3847ca602902.jpg

Senior Bowl Weigh-In Day!!!!!! We all love hand size measurements!

Actually though, I'm sure the 9 1/8" measurement is going to hurt Rudolph. One of the only things he has going for him is that he has the big body you look for, but he doesn't have the arm strength that usually comes along with it and now also has small hands.

Looks like SU won't have any skill position guy that the board can overrate this year.

DT2FLpwXcAAmcfq.jpg

Mel Kiper come on man. Darnold isn’t going below 2.
Peter King also sayin Allen #1.

That’s perfect for the Giants as we don’t need Allen, we already have an Allen in Webb. I’d be ok with Darnold here.

Or Barkley...

He might be just hard to evaluate a guy playing at wyoming. I like Mayfield talent but so many red flags

I’ll believe the PFF guys and his completion percentage rate over the meatheads who run half of NFL front offices that only care about big arms. The guy has bust written all
Over him and I’ll have you note that I said the same thing when half this board was hyping Deshone Kizer last year.

Peter King also sayin Allen #1.

That’s perfect for the Giants as we don’t need Allen, we already have an Allen in Webb. I’d be ok with Darnold here.

Or Barkley...
If anybody but Darnold goes 1 the Giants immediately need to go up there and in JerryWorld piss off the entire crowd and take Darnold.

I’ll believe the PFF guys and his completion percentage rate over the meatheads who run half of NFL front offices that only care about big arms. The guy has bust written all
Over him and I’ll have you note that I said the same thing when half this board was hyping Deshone Kizer last year.
Rumor is Payton loves Mayfield and may try to get him as Brees successor this draft by trading up.

All these franchises agonizing over a franchise Qb and the niners get Jimmy G for a 2nd rounder, unreal. What a steal.

I am not sure the Bills are going to take a QB early unless they love one of the other QB's other than Rosen, Darnold or Allen and can work out a trade. I would rather McDermott build a straight up nasty defense first and try to fill in from the free agency prospects for a QB.

If they love Jackson maybe they get him but they need help at linebacker and on the interior D Line. Too much buzz around Mayfield already I don't see him being around that long.

I would love them to take a shot on Jackson and bring in another vet at QB.

All these franchises agonizing over a franchise Qb and the niners get Jimmy G for a 2nd rounder, unreal. What a steal.

I am not sure the Bills are going to take a QB early unless they love one of the other QB's other than Rosen, Darnold or Allen and can work out a trade. I would rather McDermott build a straight up nasty defense first and try to fill in from the free agency prospects for a QB.

If they love Jackson maybe they get him but they need help at linebacker and on the interior D Line. Too much buzz around Mayfield already I don't see him being around that long.

I would love them to take a shot on Jackson and bring in another vet at QB.
There is definitely something odd about that jimmy g trade.

Obviously everyone is just spitballing right now, but it certainly appears the big 4 QBs won’t make it out of the top 10.

I like watching the Senior Bowl practice recaps for the commentary, same with the game itself.

There is definitely something odd about that jimmy g trade.

Obviously everyone is just spitballing right now, but it certainly appears the big 4 QBs won’t make it out of the top 10.

I like watching the Senior Bowl practice recaps for the commentary, same with the game itself.

Agreed, been reading the updates from the Bills' pundits at the senior bowl and their talks with Beane with regard to the outlook on the QB spot, not sure they are going to trade the two picks for a qb unless they love a kid. Can totally see them taking a LB and DT there and trying to bolster the run game next with a legit #2 RB to give Shady a blow here and there but who knows. Just glad we have Beane and not Whaley. I can see them getting Bradford or the KC QB and trying to make the most of it for a couple years. Bradford makes Glass Joe look durable at this point though. I don't think they want a rookie QB starting as they try and continue to climb the ladder

I know Jackson has so many question marks but I am a big fan, get the vet and give a rook time to develop

I think you can pretty safely lock in Darnold, Rosen, and Allen as top 10 picks. The only one with a chance of slipping at all IMO is Rosen, and that's only if teams get scared off by his injury history.

I think there's a chance Mayfield and Lamar slide to the 15-20 range, but we'll see. I expect both of them to be taken in the 1st round.

If Buffalo doesn't trade up and those 5 are all off the board, I wouldn't bother taking a QB until at least the 4th round. I don't think any of the other QBs are very likely to turn into even an average starting QB. I wouldn't mind taking a guy like Chase Litton, Kurt Benkert, or Mike White in the 6th or 7th and just seeing what happens; those 3 are lacking in a lot of other areas, but they're at least big dudes with cannons for arms. I like Kyle Lauletta a lot, but I'm concerned he might not have the arm strength to cut it in Buffalo.

I would be pretty furious with that draft honestly lol. Would hate the Rudolph pick, don't think Miller makes much sense for Buffalo, not sure Jewell is a good fit for a McDermott defense, and would prefer an interior linemen over an OT.

Rudolph to me looks like a guy whose upside is at best Case Keenum. I would much rather take Jackson and take the risk. Rudolph to the Bills seems to be everywhere but I am thinking that is just because the Bills need a qb and that is the area many expect him to go. If Mayfield or Jackson are available that late in the first I hope they take one, if not I am happy just bolstering the D at both picks, and picking up OL/RB with the 2nd/3rd rounders

Last edited:
Allen going first would be just stupid.
However it’s Cleveland.
If I were the Browns would you consider trading the 4th pick to San Francisco for Jimmy G and then San Fran signs Kirk Cousins?

Allen going first would be just stupid.
However it’s Cleveland.
If I were the Browns would you consider trading the 4th pick to San Francisco for Jimmy G and then San Fran signs Kirk Cousins?

No way SF loses Jimmy G.

No way SF loses Jimmy G.
Jimmy G is good.
He isn’t a top 5 QB multiple MVP guy a la Aaron Rodgers.
I see a young healthy Tony Romo in Jimmy G.
That is what Belichick was telling certain media guys privately.
Garrapolo is Romo and Romo was good enough with a supporting cast to win a Super Bowl.

If Shannhan wanted Cousins they could flip Garrapolo for a top 5 pick and more and make Belichick/New England stupid if Garrapolo won’t be reasonable in contract extension talks.
Jimmy G is going to become the highest paid player in the NFL just because of timing.

Rudolph to me looks like a guy whose upside is at best Case Keenum. I would much rather take Jackson and take the risk. Rudolph to the Bills seems to be everywhere but I am thinking that is just because the Bills need a qb and that is the area many expect him to go. If Mayfield or Jackson are available that late in the first I hope they take one, if not I am happy just bolstering the D at both picks, and picking up OL/RB with the 2nd/3rd rounders

I can get it to an extent. Buffalo seems to favor seniors, which eliminates basically all of the top guys off the bat besides Mayfield, and Mayfield's antics both on and off the field might not be what McBeane are looking for either.

But I'd like to think that they can recognize that Rudolph just isn't a good prospect/wouldn't eliminate all the top options just because they're a year younger. I'll be so disappointed if they spend a 1st round pick on him; hell, I'd be upset if they spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him.

Jimmy G is good.
He isn’t a top 5 QB multiple MVP guy a la Aaron Rodgers.
I see a young healthy Tony Romo in Jimmy G.
That is what Belichick was telling certain media guys privately.
Garrapolo is Romo and Romo was good enough with a supporting cast to win a Super Bowl.

If Shannhan wanted Cousins they could flip Garrapolo for a top 5 pick and more and make Belichick/New England stupid if Garrapolo won’t be reasonable in contract extension talks.
Jimmy G is going to become the highest paid player in the NFL just because of timing.
You can’t trade a young, relatively established QB WITH upside, for an unproven commodity.

There’s enough top 5 QB misses to gamble that way.

It’s why I wouldn’t mind if Webb is the guy and we can draft another position.

You can’t trade a young, relatively established QB WITH upside, for an unproven commodity.

There’s enough top 5 QB misses to gamble that way.

It’s why I wouldn’t mind if Webb is the guy and we can draft another position.

Heard today that Bills could be talking to Giants about the #2, maybe Giants think Eli can get two more years and that way they can kick the tires on Webb a little longer as well, why not at least see what Webb is made of before drafting another QB, Bills would have to give the 21,22 picks a couple others this year and probably the 2019 pick, which if they are starting a rook in 18 could be a top 10-15 pick at worst. Not sure I am fan but Beane and Giants GM have a relationship.

If I were a Giants fan, that would sounds pretty good to me, Bills seems to be high on darnold

Heard today that Bills could be talking to Giants about the #2, maybe Giants think Eli can get two more years and that way they can kick the tires on Webb a little longer as well, why not at least see what Webb is made of before drafting another QB, Bills would have to give the 21,22 picks a couple others this year and probably the 2019 pick, which if they are starting a rook in 18 could be a top 10-15 pick at worst. Not sure I am fan but Beane and Giants GM have a relationship.

If I were a Giants fan, that would sounds pretty good to me, Bills seems to be high on darnold

Darnold is the QB I am most confident will be a hit. So if we're going to make a big move, I'd be okay with getting him. But I almost think we're better off keeping 2 first rounders and trying to address 2 needs. Oh well, I feel better about Beane making this call than Doug Whaley at least.

While I could see that trade happening it would cost the Bills a kings ransom/fortune/truckload of picks whatever words you want to use describe it. To get from 21 to 2 your talking probably the Bills Two 1st round picks, one of their second round picks, and probably next years 1st round and even that might not be enough. Bills have to many holes still to fill to give up that much unless they absoulely love one of the QBs and even then they have to make sure Cleveland doesn't do something right for once and take that QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom