NFL draft thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

NFL draft thread

Belichick is nuts. He keeps trading back.
The Pats are projected to have 12 picks in the 2019 draft.
They will get a QB with this ammo.

2 from Bears
3 from Lions
3 comp (Solder)
3 comp (Butler)
6 comp (Lewis)
7 from Eagles
7 comp (Fleming).

My Eagles just drafted an OT that has never played a down of football in his life.

Rugby!!

Also, I just love this made up narrative that the Giants just had to draft a QB this year. What if they won just a few more games and OBJ, BMarsh, Harris and Shepard weren’t hurt and Eli threw for his usual 4K???

Would they need a QB then?!?!

No.

Smart pick here...

Is this because you think He puts us over the top this year or you don’t want to worry about post-Eli until we have to worry about post-Eli or both or something else?

Rugby!!

Crazy pick. And they traded up to do it. He supposedly is being drafted as an OT but when they showed film of his rugby action I thought he might be effective as a goal line RB. Dude is massive - 6'8" and 346 pounds yet ran a 5.12 40.

Crazy pick. And they traded up to do it. He supposedly is being drafted as an OT but when they showed film of his rugby action I thought he might be effective as a goal line RB. Dude is massive - 6'8" and 346 pounds yet ran a 5.12 40.

Is this because you think He puts us over the top this year or you don’t want to worry about post-Eli until we have to worry about post-Eli or both or something else?
Maybe this year, maybe next year, maybe in year 3.

But the Giants are in this to win games...every year...and it now appears, I can bank on it.

If they suck...then grab a QB in next years draft...for this years...sucked in the 1st.

If Michel is similar to Kamara it was good but it wasn’t a need.

Pats like QB Kyle Lauletta.
He played Lacrosse and his dad was a player at Navy
That is like Belichick dream prospect all rolled into one.
Apparently the Pats didn’t like Jackson’s passing percentage and this whole Brady thing is all leverage and they expect 2 years from Brady.
Alsacs wanted our 4th rounder in the 2nd.

Thank you...

But the Giants are in this to win games...every year...and it now appears, I can bank on it.

If they suck...then grab a QB in next years draft...for this years...sucked in the 1st.

I am not sure why this is so hard to grasp. Odell is a transcendent talent - and nuttier than a fruitcake - if the NYG are gonna win with him it's in the next 3 years or so. So much of the league is health and matchups. Not like Dallas or the DC football team got better.

Well clearly the dolphins had the best draft

and the Raiders the worst. Reggie McKenzie has to be fired

Alsacs thoughts on the bills? I think its a lovely crash back to reality this year.

Alsacs thoughts on the bills? I think its a lovely crash back to reality this year.
They are 6-9 win team depending on luck.

The AFC east will be good in 2-3 years if these QBs develop.
Tyrod Taylor wasn’t going to win a SB but he was more solid than Bills fans will admit.
He was conservative but didn’t kill them with dumb turnovers.

Buffalo takes a step back this year but if Allen is the real deal they will be back next year and they have a good coach. They will spend next offseason with their cap space.

Miami lost a lot of overrated talent but is always good at home against NE. I see between 6 and 9 wins for
Them:

Jets have their QB of the future. Will get the HC fired and the next coach will be appealing because of Darnold. Win 5 to 7 games.

New England has Brady they will 11-13 games. The team will be healthier on defense., Belichick traded for next year where he will likely get his QB his has a lot of ammo to move around next year.

They are 6-9 win team depending on luck.

The AFC east will be in 2-3 years if these QBs develop.
Tyrod Taylor wasn’t going to win a SB but he was more solid than Bills fans will admit.
He was conservative but didn’t kill them with dumb turnovers.

Buffalo takes a step back this year but if Allen is the real deal they will be back next year and they have a good coach. They will spend next offseason with their cap space.

Miami lost a lot of overrated talent but is always good at home against NE. I see between 6 and 9 wins for
Them:

Jets have their QB of the future. Will get the HC fired and the next coach will be appealing because of Darnold. Win 5 to 7 games.

New England has Brady they will 11-13 games. The team will be healthier on defense., Belichick traded for next year where he will likely get his QB his has a lot of ammo to move around next year.
Agreed. Hoping gase can get us back to 9 this year but doubtful. Defense is looking much more promising though especially the db’s

Last edited:
McCarron will be better than Allen and I don’t think it’s close. Allen is Paxton Lynch.
What worries me about Allen is his completion percentage.
You should be able to complete 60% in college where the pass rush is nothing like the pro game.
He has the arm but he needs to improve that completion percentage to be above average.

You are more down on Darnold than me but I think the Jets got a legit QB he may not be the next stud but I think he has the best chance of any of these QBs this year to win multiple SB but the Jets are a stupid organization.

My concern is more mediocre than total suckitude...

Finish 8-8, middle 1st round pick..Eli calls it quits and now the pick is not good enough to get a franchise guy so you are hoping somebody you draft or someone on the roster isn't the next Kent Graham...

Now if Giants didn't think any of the 4 is the next Manning or Rothlisberger...different story...

My concern is more mediocre than total suckitude...

Finish 8-8, middle 1st round pick..Eli calls it quits and now the pick is not good enough to get a franchise guy so you are hoping somebody you draft or someone on the roster isn't the next Kent Graham...

Now if Giants didn't think any of the 4 is the next Manning or Rothlisberger...different story...
here is a sporting news article from a week or 2 ago ranking the QBs drafted in 1st Round since 2000. its a slideshow, so I did the homework for you all...

48. Mahomes
47. Jamarcus Russel
46. Paxton Lynch
45. Brady Quinn
44. Manziel
43. Locker
42. Tebow
41. EJ Manuel
40. Brandon Weedon
39. Leinart
38. Christian Ponder
37. Trubitsky
36. JP Losman
35. Blaine Gabbert
34. Patrick Ramsey
33. Kyle Boller
32. David Carr
31. Joey Harrington
30. Josh Freeman
29. Jason Campbell
28. RGIII
27. Deshaun Watson
26. Bortles
25. Leftwich
24. Tedy Bridgewater
23. Grossman
22. Vince Young
21. Sam Bradford
20. Tannehill
19. Winston
18. Mariotta
17. Goff
16. Mark Freakin Sanchez
15. Pennington
14. Cutler
13. Wentz
12. Luck
11. Carson Palmer
10. Stafford
9. Alex Smith
8. Vick
7. Flacco
6. Rivers
5. Eli
4. Cam
3. Matt Ryan
2. Ben
1. Rodgers

now one can argue some of those newer guys are too high, fine...whatever, who knows???

the point is, QBs are an absolute freakin crap shoot.

and the Giants have a QB, needed a RB and just got (maybe) a generational one.

I think it was the smart call.

here is a sporting news article from a week or 2 ago ranking the QBs drafted in 1st Round since 2000. its a slideshow, so I did the homework for you all...

48. Mahomes
47. Jamarcus Russel
46. Paxton Lynch
45. Brady Quinn
44. Manziel
43. Locker
42. Tebow
41. EJ Manuel
40. Brandon Weedon
39. Leinart
38. Christian Ponder
37. Trubitsky
36. JP Losman
35. Blaine Gabbert
34. Patrick Ramsey
33. Kyle Boller
32. David Carr
31. Joey Harrington
30. Josh Freeman
29. Jason Campbell
28. RGIII
27. Deshaun Watson
26. Bortles
25. Leftwich
24. Tedy Bridgewater
23. Grossman
22. Vince Young
21. Sam Bradford
20. Tannehill
19. Winston
18. Mariotta
17. Goff
16. Mark Freakin Sanchez
15. Pennington
14. Cutler
13. Wentz
12. Luck
11. Carson Palmer
10. Stafford
9. Alex Smith
8. Vick
7. Flacco
6. Rivers
5. Eli
4. Cam
3. Matt Ryan
2. Ben
1. Rodgers

now one can argue some of those newer guys are too high, fine...whatever, who knows???

the point is, QBs are an absolute freakin crap shoot.

and the Giants have a QB, needed a RB and just got (maybe) a generational one.

I think it was the smart call.

So, I looked at the current top twenty ranked QBs...

65% were taken in the first round.

50% were taken with a top 5 pick.

But only 1 of the top five QBs was taken top 5...

It seems to be that a top five pick will get you an NFL starter, and likely a good one at that, but not necessarily a transcendent player...

Makes me feel better about the Barkley pick...

upload_2018-4-30_14-59-25.png

Supposedly the Eagles wanted Sony Michel. He's gonna be a good one. Surprised NE passed on Lamar Jackson. QB class next year looks very weak on paper.

Bump.

Alsacs- I know u wanted front seven help in the draft and didn't like this pick. I told ya you'd like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom