NFL draft thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

NFL draft thread

Jets being winners is something if you ignore that they paid about 2 dollars on the dollar just to get to #3.

Bills probably could have sat and waited until 8 or 9 and moved up for less to get Allen but then maybe the Cards go over the top and you end up with your 2nd choice because you were trying to be too cute and now you're stuck thinking about what if's forever.
It is funny how no one mentions that, re: Jets, I guess since it happened so long ago, it doesn't count to some people.

Agreed. There's no guarantee what Arizona gave up to move to 10 for their consolation prize in Rosen, is anywhere close to what they were offering to move up for Allen. Buffalo gave up a lot with those two second round picks, but perhaps they had to.

It is funny how no one mentions that, re: Jets, I guess since it happened so long ago, it doesn't count to some people.

Agreed. There's no guarantee what Arizona gave up to move to 10 for their consolation prize in Rosen, is anywhere close to what they were offering to move up for Allen. Buffalo gave up a lot with those two second round picks, but perhaps they had to.
The Jets overpaid to go from 6 to 3 but on draft night if the Colts had held on to 3 till draft night they would have gotten more.

The Jets were lucky to overpay when they did and not give up a future 2.
The Bills gave up 2 2nd round picks to go from 12 to 7.
The Jets gave up 3 2nd round picks to go from 6 to 3 and got their guy.

I think they won even though they overpaid originally they would have had to pay more on draft night with the Colts leverage.

Agreed I didn’t like the Pats taking Michel at 31.
RBs are a dime a dozen.

I still can’t believe the Giants didn’t trade back if they wanted Barkley.
Eli has to improve a lot as mentioned next years QB crop isn’t as deep on projections.

I forgot who mentioned this but the 5th year option for Barkley will be higher than the transition tag because he went top 10 this the giants aren’t getting a cheap 5th year like they would have for a Premium position like QB/DE 5th years are cheaper.

You'll learn to like that pick. Michel is a stud, both as a runner and a pass catcher. Also big difference between taking a back at #2 and at #31.

Next year is going to be the first time legitimate play action will be a weapon for Eli since Lord knows when. All these guys have a shelf life that's short, play to win.

That's a valid point but the OL has to be substantially improved or else the talent at the skill positions won't realize their potential. Defense wasn't exactly top shelf last year either.

That's a valid point but the OL has to be substantially improved or else the talent at the skill positions won't realize their potential. Defense wasn't exactly top shelf last year either.
its been fixed.

There has been a run on RBs and OL so I am glad the Pats took them yesterday.
Jackson from Iowa or Carter cmon one of you get to 43.

Cmon Bill stop trading back
He has turned 42nd pick into 2 4th rounders and Chicago’s 2019 2nd rounder.

Nice move for Philly.
Philly just took the Cowboys draft pick.
ESPN screwed the Cowboys announcing today that Witten was retiring.
Jerry has to be pissed it came out today and not one day later.

Philly just took the Cowboys draft pick.
ESPN screwed the Cowboys announcing today that Witten was retiring.
Jerry has to be pissed it came out today and not one day later.
They tried to come out later today and say he hadn’t make a final decision but the damage had already been done. Witten had said he was coming back previously , so espn definitely hurt Dallas.

its been fixed.

Certainly seems to have been upgraded. Not sure that's a high bar though. But if it is a much better OL and with the addition of Barkley that means no more excuses for Eli.

A bad couple of days in Jerry World. Chooses an inside LB in Round 1, which tells you all you need to know about that 'brilliant' Jaylon Smith pick. Then loses the TE they needed to the Birds.

BTW, the atmosphere in Dallas is not even in the same league as it was in Philly last year. Word that comes to mind is 'funereal'.

A bad couple of days in Jerry World. Chooses an inside LB in Round 1, which tells you all you need to know about that 'brilliant' Jaylon Smith pick. Then loses the TE they needed to the Birds.

BTW, the atmosphere in Dallas is not even in the same league as it was in Philly last year. Word that comes to mind is 'funereal'.

Agree all the way around. They should hold the draft in Philly every year. That scene was electric last year.

Jerry is a senile old fool we take an 8
Injured lb and an ol when we already have a good line and no receivers.

Certainly seems to have been upgraded. Not sure that's a high bar though. But if it is a much better OL and with the addition of Barkley that means no more excuses for Eli.
Cant speak for all, but I don’t make excuses, I just point out facts to the ignorant, make-believe folks.

Yes, Eli should be over 4K yds and 30 TDs (I read here that everyone is though) and Big Blue should be back in the playoffs.

Started with 43 and 63, ended with 56 and Chicago's 2019 2nd rounder.
Belichick must not like the value.

So Guice fell because he is gay?
I mean cmon that sucks for the kid . The NFL has to clean this up in the future.
It’s also reported that he showed up late to a bunch of meetings and needs a babysitter like Dez when he came into the NFL.

The admitted thing wasn’t about being gay, it was about him never being asked. (According to Shefter)

It’s also reported that he showed up late to a bunch of meetings and needs a babysitter like Dez when he came into the NFL.

The admitted thing wasn’t about being gay, it was about him never being asked. (According to Shefter)

So he lied abt teams asking him that?

Weirdo

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors