NFL Draft | Syracusefan.com

NFL Draft

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Thought I'd start this now. Who is your favorite team looking at, and who do you want?

Round 1​

1) Jacksonville Jaguars
2) Detroit Lions
3) Houston Texans
4) New York Jets
5) New York Giants
6) Carolina Panthers
7) New York Giants (from Chicago Bears)
8) Atlanta Falcons
9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos)
10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks)
11) Washington Commanders
12) Minnesota Vikings
13) Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns)
14) Baltimore Ravens
15) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins)
16) New Orleans Saints (from Indianapolis Colts through Philadelphia Eagles)
17) Los Angeles Chargers
18) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints)
19) New Orleans Saints (from Philadelphia Eagles)
20) Pittsburgh Steelers
21) New England Patriots
22) Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders)
23) Arizona Cardinals
24) Dallas Cowboys
25) Buffalo Bills
26) Tennessee Titans
27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
28) Green Bay Packers
29) Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins)
30) Kansas City Chiefs
31) Cincinnati Bengals
32) Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams)

Thought I'd start this now. Who is your favorite team looking at, and who do you want?

Round 1​

1) Jacksonville Jaguars
2) Detroit Lions
3) Houston Texans
4) New York Jets
5) New York Giants
6) Carolina Panthers
8) Atlanta Falcons
12) Minnesota Vikings
14) Baltimore Ravens
17) Los Angeles Chargers
20) Pittsburgh Steelers
21) New England Patriots
23) Arizona Cardinals
24) Dallas Cowboys
25) Buffalo Bills
26) Tennessee Titans
27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
28) Green Bay Packers
30) Kansas City Chiefs
31) Cincinnati Bengals

Giants.

Give me Ikem at 5 and then whatever DE is left at 7.

Bills at 25 - Ideal scenario is for BPA and need to meet with Olave or McDuffie to fall there. Probably unlikely with teams ahead of them needing WRs/CBs.

I ran the Bills in a members mock draft on Matt Miller's site a couple weeks ago and traded down with the Jets trading 25/57 for 35/38 and then selected Breece Hall and Kyler Gordon. I really loved that combo as the 2 spots that can most easily be upgraded in the starting lineup are CB2 and RB.

Bills at 25 - Ideal scenario is for BPA and need to meet with Olave or McDuffie to fall there. Probably unlikely with teams ahead of them needing WRs/CBs.

I ran the Bills in a members mock draft on Matt Miller's site a couple weeks ago and traded down with the Jets trading 25/57 for 35/38 and then selected Breece Hall and Kyler Gordon. I really loved that combo as the 2 spots that can most easily be upgraded in the starting lineup are CB2 and RB.

Agree with your outlook but I am beginning to think the Bills don't put a ton of emphasis on the CB2 position, we should know more in a week or so. Clearly, it seems to be the biggest position of need and has been for a couple years but they still haven't drafted there in any of the early rounds that I can remember since Trey

Agree with your outlook but I am beginning to think the Bills don't put a ton of emphasis on the CB2 position, we should know more in a week or so. Clearly, it seems to be the biggest position of need and has been for a couple years but they still haven't drafted there in any of the early rounds that I can remember since Trey
I think in most years they were content with Levi and whichever vet they signed on a cheap 1 year deal like Vontae Davis, Kevin Johnson, Josh Norman and still had to focus on other holes as they built this powerhouse roster.

Maybe it'll be more of the same as they wait out the free agent stragglers who may end up choosing to take a 1 year starting role on a contender vs a bit more money on a worse team.

Their MO would be to do that and add a guy in the 3rd/4th and see what happens but with the position not being addressed yet and Tre coming off an injury, I'd personally be a bit nervous about it. Especially with the AFC being so loaded at QB now that you're likely to face a star QB in every round.

I think in most years they were content with Levi and whichever vet they signed on a cheap 1 year deal like Vontae Davis, Kevin Johnson, Josh Norman and still had to focus on other holes as they built this powerhouse roster.

Maybe it'll be more of the same as they wait out the free agent stragglers who may end up choosing to take a 1 year starting role on a contender vs a bit more money on a worse team.

Their MO would be to do that and add a guy in the 3rd/4th and see what happens but with the position not being addressed yet and Tre coming off an injury, I'd personally be a bit nervous about it. Especially with the AFC being so loaded at QB now that you're likely to face a star QB in every round.

agree 100% will be interesting to see, thought I read somewhere that they loved Stokes the CB from Georgia last year but Green Bay took him with the pick right before.

Travon Walker has now moved to -155 as favorite to be the #1 pick of the draft. Jags trying to hit a homer instead of a stand up double. I wouldn't like it if I was a Jags fan.

Travon Walker has now moved to -155 as favorite to be the #1 pick of the draft. Jags trying to hit a homer instead of a stand up double. I wouldn't like it if I was a Jags fan.

Amazing what can happen when the pads come off.

Stingley projected 3rd by Matt Miller. Odds now have him and Sauce both as favorites at +350. So much for him slipping to the teens.

Stingley projected 3rd by Matt Miller. Odds now have him and Sauce both as favorites at +350. So much for him slipping to the teens.

Wonder if somehow Thibodeaux can get to the Giants at 5 and then they can get Ikem at 7.

Wonder if somehow Thibodeaux can get to the Giants at 5 and then they can get Ikem at 7.
Certainly seems possible. I'm still not sure Ickey doesn't go #1. I got him at +600 last week to the Jags just in case.

Round 1​

1) Jacksonville Jaguars
2) Detroit Lions
3) Houston Texans
4) New York Jets
5) New York Giants
6) Carolina Panthers
8) Atlanta Falcons
12) Minnesota Vikings
14) Baltimore Ravens
17) Los Angeles Chargers
20) Pittsburgh Steelers
21) New England Patriots
23) Arizona Cardinals
24) Dallas Cowboys
25) Buffalo Bills
26) Tennessee Titans
27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
28) Green Bay Packers
30) Kansas City Chiefs
31) Cincinnati Bengals
I am a Jets fan.

Pretty much everything is a need but most mocks have them taking some combination of a DE, a CB and a WR with the two picks they have in the top 10.

Seems like there are more difference makers at DE and CB than WR. Hoping they load up on one of each and pick up a WR elsewhere.

I am sure they will screw it up somehow.

I'm hearing rumors of Vegas trading Waller to Packers. They better not.

Looking for the Cowboys to rebuild the oline. Would love that penning kid or lindenbaum.

I'm hoping the Bills can find a way to get Kyle Hamilton, otherwise I hope for a CB or a WR

Bills would probably have to trade up at least a dozen spots to make that happen. Would cost a bunch including a future 1, can't see Buffalo doing that.

Last edited:
Bill would probably have to trade about at least a dozen spots to make that happen. Would cost a bunch including a future 1, can't see Buffalo doing that.
Joe B has put that into everyone's head by being relentless about it.

Joe B has put that into everyone's head by being relentless about it.

Yup, he and the RB from Iowa State have been the 2 names you keep hearing. The Bills are usually very quiet about who they like so they will probably end up with a WR or CB.

Bills would probably have to trade up at least a dozen spots to make that happen. Would cost a bunch including a future 1, can't see Buffalo doing that.

I'm not sure it would cost a future 1, a lot of chatter that some teams want to trade down + not a strong QB market makes it possible

I'm not sure it would cost a future 1, a lot of chatter that some teams want to trade down + not a strong QB market makes it possible

There is a lot of chatter about teams wanting to trade back but even with that to get him your probably gonna have to get into the 11-12 range. Bills are at I think what 25, to jump 13+ picks in the 1st round is usually a future 1 unless your say giving up 2 2s or something which we don't have.

If he were to be available at 15 then maybe you get out for 25 57 and next year 4 or something like that. Don't think he's making it past 12 though.

Looking for the Cowboys to rebuild the oline. Would love that penning kid or lindenbaum.
Didn't they draft a Center from Wisconsin a year or two ago?