NFL Draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Draft

I'm not sure it would cost a future 1, a lot of chatter that some teams want to trade down + not a strong QB market makes it possible
This stuff is totally unpredictable but hard to see Hamilton dropping very far outside of the top ten. He plays a position that is not valued as highly as others but he seems like a can't miss guy.

This stuff is totally unpredictable but hard to see Hamilton dropping very far outside of the top ten. He plays a position that is not valued as highly as others but he seems like a can't miss guy.

Highly unlikely he gets past 12 even if he falls a bit. Every year there's a guy that people want to trade up for, last year Bills fans wanted to trade up for the TE Atlanta took. It's just not realistic with what it would cost in draft capital.

Highly unlikely he gets past 12 even if he falls a bit. Every year there's a guy that people want to trade up for, last year Bills fans wanted to trade up for the TE Atlanta took. It's just not realistic with what it would cost in draft capital.
Agreed.

A lot of people think the Commanders would take Hamilton if he falls to #11.

I don't know the Bills roster like some here but my gut is they should draft defense and more defense.

There is a lot of chatter about teams wanting to trade back but even with that to get him your probably gonna have to get into the 11-12 range. Bills are at I think what 25, to jump 13+ picks in the 1st round is usually a future 1 unless your say giving up 2 2s or something which we don't have.

If he were to be available at 15 then maybe you get out for 25 57 and next year 4 or something like that. Don't think he's making it past 12 though.

#25 + #57 this year gets you to around #15 based on the value chart, toss a late round pick as a sweetener and that gets you into the range. I'd only do this for Hamilton, if they stay at 25 I'm cool with that.

Agreed.

A lot of people think the Commanders would take Hamilton if he falls to #11.

I don't know the Bills roster like some here but my gut is they should draft defense and more defense.

Ya unless there's some bizarre happenings in the top 10 hard to see him getting past Washington, they have a major need at Safety. Bills roster surprisingly doesn't have a ton of holes right now (despite the D showing against KC). The only real glaring spot is CB2 with Levi Wallace leaving for Pitt and Tre White's return as the #1 a bit unclear after his ACL tear in Nov. Problem is the two top CBs will be long gone by 25 and probably a third as well. Buffalo may go BPA but I think its probably either a CB or a WR. Hall the RB from ISU makes sense but if the Bills are gonna do that there better off trading back a bit and all the noise about him being the pick means he won't be as Buffalo loves to send out fake info.

Wildcard could be safety or LB if a guy they love is there as both Poyer and Edmunds are in the last years of their deals and at least one wont be back.

#25 + #57 this year gets you to around #15 based on the value chart, toss a late round pick as a sweetener and that gets you into the range. I'd only do this for Hamilton, if they stay at 25 I'm cool with that.

I don't disagree but you would need a crazy run on QBs or something else nuts for him to get below 11 less 15.

Didn't they draft a Center from Wisconsin a year or two ago?
Yes two years ago. He's alright. I like Lidenbaum because he can play guard or center.

I follow the draft betting markets pretty closely. Here are the guys moving up in the market and those moving down over the last few days.

UP - Derek Stingley, Jermaine Johnson, Charles Cross, Treyvon Walker, and Garret Wilson.

DOWN - Kyle Hamilton, Kenny Pickett, Malik Willis, George Karlaftis and Devin Lloyd.

I don't disagree but you would need a crazy run on QBs or something else nuts for him to get below 11 less 15.
Would take the top 3 OTs, top 4 edge guys, pair of corners and 4 top WRs to all go top 13 and then J.Davis to the Ravens at 14. Not impossible but certainly improbable.

I follow the draft betting markets pretty closely. Here are the guys moving up in the market and those moving down over the last few days.

UP - Stingley, Jermaine Johnson, Charles Cross, Walker, and Garret Wilson.

DOWN - Hamilton, Pickett, Willis, Karlaftis and Lloyd.

Stingley has really jumped, he went from maybe late top 10 to at least the Giants at 4 maybe Houston at 3.

Yeah WSH is def the biggest threat but they have so many needs so ya never know

Ya unless there's some bizarre happenings in the top 10 hard to see him getting past Washington, they have a major need at Safety. Bills roster surprisingly doesn't have a ton of holes right now (despite the D showing against KC). The only real glaring spot is CB2 with Levi Wallace leaving for Pitt and Tre White's return as the #1 a bit unclear after his ACL tear in Nov. Problem is the two top CBs will be long gone by 25 and probably a third as well. Buffalo may go BPA but I think its probably either a CB or a WR. Hall the RB from ISU makes sense but if the Bills are gonna do that there better off trading back a bit and all the noise about him being the pick means he won't be as Buffalo loves to send out fake info.

Wildcard could be safety or LB if a guy they love is there as both Poyer and Edmunds are in the last years of their deals and at least one wont be back.
I think there is a decent chance they could pick up a LB (Dean or Lloyd) at #25. I know Hall is considered the best RB out there but too early at #25 imo.

Would take the top 3 OTs, top 4 edge guys, pair of corners and 4 top WRs to all go top 13 and then J.Davis to the Ravens at 14. Not impossible but certainly improbable.
That seems possible and logical. I could see Hamilton getting taken in that top 13 though.

Stingley has really jumped, he went from maybe late top 10 to at least the Giants at 4 maybe Houston at 3.
Yeah not sure what happened there. He had a monster freshman year but was kinda meh after that.

Didn't they draft a Center from Wisconsin a year or two ago?

Tyler Biadasz. He has been mediocre at best. Then again anyone would look bad compared to Travis Frederick.

Yeah not sure what happened there. He had a monster freshman year but was kinda meh after that.

He's this years guy that has just shot up the draft boards. There is usually one or two each year and he seems to be this years guy. Seems like a good fit for an already established team but if your the Texans or Giants or Jets I don't know if I am willing to roll the dice (with both the latter 2 having 2 1st round picks may make the decision easier). Hard to remember a draft where the top 5 is so undetermined this late and almost any combo is still possible. Seems Like Garnder or Stingley are destined for the Jets at 4

Injuries and Eddie O's ship was sinking. Think he kind of protected himself a bit. Can look at that as both smart and selfish. Has top 1% CB skills when he's at 100%.

Give me an OT (Neal or Cross or Ekwonu) and Edge at 5/7 then DB and LB in the 2nd and 3rd.

Yup, he and the RB from Iowa State have been the 2 names you keep hearing. The Bills are usually very quiet about who they like so they will probably end up with a WR or CB.
I feel like so many fan bases say this and it’s almost never the case. Buffalo is no different. Word about who Buffalo likes in the draft has leaked out pretty regularly and they almost always use their first pick or two on guys that they brought in during the pre-draft process. Having said that, Buffalo is currently slated to pick so far back that just because we might want Hamilton or Breece at the moment doesn’t mean that they’ll end up being the guys we want once we see all the available options.

I feel like so many fan bases say this and it’s almost never the case. Buffalo is no different. Word about who Buffalo likes in the draft has leaked out pretty regularly and they almost always use their first pick or two on guys that they brought in during the pre-draft process. Having said that, Buffalo is currently slated to pick so far back that just because we might want Hamilton or Breece at the moment doesn’t mean that they’ll end up being the guys we want once we see all the available options.

Well visitors and leaked info on who they like are two totally different things, Buffalo brought in 30+ guys this year. Last year it was all about how much Buffalo liked Etienne and post draft it came out they weren't taking a RB there no matter who it was.

Well visitors and leaked info on who they like are two totally different things, Buffalo brought in 30+ guys this year. Last year it was all about how much Buffalo liked Etienne and post draft it came out they weren't taking a RB there no matter who it was.
It always depends on who you believe but I remember reports after the draft saying Etienne was pretty confident he was headed to Buffalo. I’m sure he wasn’t pulling that out of nowhere. Word leaked out about us targeting Oliver, Allen, Phillips, and Zay off the top of my head too.

Injuries and Eddie O's ship was sinking. Think he kind of protected himself a bit. Can look at that as both smart and selfish. Has top 1% CB skills when he's at 100%.
Agreed. It was clear he was biding his time until he could become draft eligible. No doubt he's uber talented. Kind of becomes a philosophical thing for an NFL team. Is he going to do the same thing at some point in the NFL?