nfl greatest 12 RB show | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

nfl greatest 12 RB show

6 years.

'82 was a strike year grasshopper.

and Campbell stays.

He went from 5.2 to 3.8 ypc in year 4 and the strike shortened year he averaged 3.4. That's below average.

Sammy Baugh will probably make it. I’m not even sure Elway’s a lock.
I think Elway is a better QB than Joe Montana.
Sammy Baugh interesting name but if he makes it this list its just Belichick/Madden history trip to the past.

Warren Moon was probably a better QB than him but he isn’t even mentioned.

Personally I would leave Brees out and take both Staubach and Starr.
I think Starr is very overrated from the old games I have seen him play.
I Leaned added Staubach to giving the 1970s another QB.

I just think Brees, Brady, Manning are locks.

Sammy Baugh interesting name but if he makes it this list its just Belichick/Madden history trip to the past.

unitas started more games in the 50s than his washed up years in the 70s, hes a 60s QB.

Tarkenton needs to be considered, but Staubach is on it. Navy guy and 2-2 in SuperBowls in 70s.

Brees to me is the prime example of guy who gets the benefit of having played in the era of pumped up stats. He is very good but he is not in my top 10 or 12.

Brees to me is the prime example of guy who gets the benefit of having played in the era of pumped up stats. He is very good but he is not in my top 10 or 12.
No less than 9 games a year inside helps too.

I'm biased, but I'll disagree. Manning played with better receivers than Brees has had over the years and the Saints routinely put up more points than anyone for the past 15 years. It's well known I'm not a huge Manning guy, but I've always thought he was a bit overrated and he played a lot of his career in a dome as well.

For the old guys I think Graham/Staubach/Unitas should all make it. Marino/Elway/Montana from the 80's/90's. I would not have Favre on the team and obviously Brady makes it. Those last 3 spots are a bit up for debate.

He went from 5.2 to 3.8 ypc in year 4 and the strike shortened year he averaged 3.4. That's below average.
Year 6 he was back to 4.0

He wa always near the top of the league leaders in yards, which matters more IMO.

Campbell stays.

If they are including guys who dominated the AFL then Len Dawson needs to be considered.

How about wide receivers? I’m surprised they’re picking ten for this position. Are there any locks other than Jerry Rice? I’m sure we’ll also see Randy Moss, Steve Largent, and a couple of fellas from the ‘30s or ‘40s who only had 40 catches in their careers but did a sick juke move once.

How about wide receivers? I’m surprised they’re picking ten for this position. Are there any locks other than Jerry Rice? I’m sure we’ll also see Randy Moss, Steve Largent, and a couple of fellas from the ‘30s or ‘40s who only had 40 catches in their careers but did a sick juke move once.

Rice, Moss, Harrison, Largent, Fitz, TO and Chris Carter. Hard pressed to come up with 3 more. Tim Brown? Mike Irvin? Art Monk?

WRs
Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Raymond Berry
Terrel Owens
Steve Largent
Bob Hayes
Lance Allworth
Cris Carter
Marvin Harrison
Larry Fitzgerald

WRs
Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Raymond Berry
Terrel Owens
Steve Largent
Bob Hayes
Lance Allworth
Cris Carter
Marvin Harrison
Larry Fitzgerald

Cannot believe I forgot about Bob Hayes. Also forgot Calvin Johnson.

WRs
Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Raymond Berry
Terrel Owens
Steve Largent
Bob Hayes
Lance Allworth
Cris Carter
Marvin Harrison
Larry Fitzgerald
Cannot believe I forgot about Bob Hayes. Also forgot Calvin Johnson.
Don Maynard is an absolute lock fellas.

Lot's of skipping over the 70's in these lists. Out of Swann/Biletnikoff/Warfield/Carmichael one of those guys should make it. My money is on Swann.

Lot's of skipping over the 70's in these lists. Out of Swann/Biletnikoff/Warfield/Carmichael one of those guys should make it. My money is on Swann.
not long enough career for me.

Biletnikoff or Joiner over Swann.

Warfield is close, Carmichael is not in HOF.

Swann is so overrated imo. I would have no problem with any of the other 3.
Swann got in the HOF because of a couple of great NFL Films Super Bowl camera shots.

certainly, not by production.

Swann got in the HOF because of a couple of great NFL Films Super Bowl camera shots.

certainly, not by production.

Fair. Looking at the stats it seems Stallworth was probably the better receiver.

not long enough career for me.

Biletnikoff or Joiner over Swann.

Warfield is close, Carmichael is not in HOF.
Lance Allworth will be the guy from that era.
Along with Hayes. Who was the speed guy of the 60-70s.

Harrison and Fitzgerald probably don’t make it if they go for more older guys but I am convinced my top 8 will make it.

Berry was a good coach as well that will get him votes from Madden and Belichick.

Harrison and Fitzgerald probably don’t make it if they go for more older guys but I am convinced my top 8 will make it.

Berry was a good coach as well that will get him votes from Madden and Belichick.

Hayes and Allworth were done by the early 70's. I may be wrong, but I can't see them skip a period between those 2 guys and selecting Largent/Rice.

Allworth for sure.

Maynard.

Hayes is pretty likely.

if they fill the gap like cusefan0307 says, then its Joiner.

Jerry Rice
Randy Moss
Raymond Berry
Lance Allworth
Don Maynard
Bob Hayes
Charlie Joiner
Steve Largent
Larry Fitzgerald
Marvin Harrison

Largent fits as a 70s guy as well as do a few years of Hayes production wise, if they want to drop Joiner for Carter or TO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom