nfl greatest 12 RB show | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

nfl greatest 12 RB show

EM15owsUEAQRTd5

Got 8-10.

9 if you allow my replacement of Starr for Favre, but I did walk it back.

Missed on Marino for Sid Luckman.

I really do t think a non-Championship Winning QB should be on here.

I mean damn, it’s not like he went often either.

Hard to argue too much with that QB list. As a fan who started watching as a kid in the 70s I loved Staubach so I'm happy he made the list. That said if I am starting a team and get one guy at his peak I'm taking Elway.

Last edited:
No Eli?? ;)
Nah, he doesn't need this.

He'll be fine when he's putting on his gold jacket.

And please everyone - this will NOT turn into a "Yes he will"/"No he won't" thread.

And please everyone - this will NOT turn into a "Yes he will"/"No he won't" thread.
pretty much every football thread turns into a discussion of Eli and/or the Patriots.

Legend of Brett Favre > Player Brett Favre
Favre was a gunslinger back in an Era analytics weren’t important.
He won 3 MVPs in a row. That is why those sportswriters put him on the team. He hurt his team in big games.

Favre was a gunslinger back in an Era analytics weren’t important.
He won 3 MVPs in a row. That is why those sportswriters put him on the team. He hurt his team in big games.

I admit I am biased, but Brees has had a longer peak and has never had below average years with the Saints. Favre led the league in INT’s 3 times and had playoff games he totally imploded. I remember a game in the playoffs against the Rams where he threw like 5 picks. I think Brees and Rodgers should both be ahead of him.

Edit: I would have Steve Young on the team over Favre too. He won 6 passing titles before analytics were inportant.

I admit I am biased, but Brees has had a longer peak and has never had below average years with the Saints. Favre led the league in INT’s 3 times and had playoff games he totally imploded. I remember a game in the playoffs against the Rams where he threw like 5 picks. I think Brees and Rodgers should both be ahead of him.

Edit: I would have Steve Young on the team over Favre too. He won 6 passing titles before analytics were inportant.
Should Brees and Rodgers be ahead of Marino?

Marino was a better a QB than Rodgers has been IMO.
I would take Brees over Marino but the quick release of Marino and the numbers he put up in his era got him picked.
I think Marino is a better version of Dan Fouts. What dings Brees was he didn’t win any MVPs because of Brady and Manning and he played with a crap defense thanks to Mickey Loomis this current Saints GM has drafted really well.

Should Brees and Rodgers be ahead of Marino?

I’m fine with Marino. He played with terrible defenses much like Brees has.

I’ve never been a huge Rodgers guy. I think we are seeing he’s already on the downside. Still better than Favre though IMO.

I think Favre benefitted from the media loving him as he was kind of the every mans QB, from a small town, grew up poorer, and struggled with substance abuse. People definitely have a soft spot for him.

I’m fine with Marino. He played with terrible defenses much like Brees has.

I’ve never been a huge Rodgers guy. I think we are seeing he’s already on the downside. Still better than Favre though IMO.

I think Favre benefitted from the media loving him as he was kind of the every mans QB, from a small town, grew up poorer, and struggled with substance abuse. People definitely have a soft spot for him.
Yeah, I could go either way on Rodgers...although there aren’t many QBs I’d rather have in there with the game on the line.

I think Brees deserves to be on ahead of Marino. Marino is like Dickerson. Put up solid numbers in the ‘80s and early ‘90s and somehow that carries more weight than what we’ve seen from guys this century.

I have sort of flip flopped on Favre over the years. So many people say overrated now that it's almost gone too far, he's like the modern Namath.
Who the heck was even on those peak GB teams anyway; Sharpe's career ended early & Robert Brooks was his #1 guy who got hurt in the SB year. Antonio Freeman & Dorsey Levens in bad weather isn't a spot where you just plug in a qb and own the 49ers & compete with the elite teams.
The 6int Ram playoff game I actually kinda respect how he doesn't care about his stat line once he gets down 24pts or whatever; a lot of guys pad their stats there and have no shot to win. The int in NO when his Viking team had the game is the sort of killer you can't make an excuse for. Still that was a great year & one or two fewer Peterson fumble would've also done the trick.

I have sort of flip flopped on Favre over the years. So many people say overrated now that it's almost gone too far, he's like the modern Namath.
Who the heck was even on those peak GB teams anyway; Sharpe's career ended early & Robert Brooks was his #1 guy who got hurt in the SB year. Antonio Freeman & Dorsey Levens in bad weather isn't a spot where you just plug in a qb and own the 49ers & compete with the elite teams.
The 6int Ram playoff game I actually kinda respect how he doesn't care about his stat line once he gets down 24pts or whatever; a lot of guys pad their stats there and have no shot to win. The int in NO when his Viking team had the game is the sort of killer you can't make an excuse for. Still that was a great year & one or two fewer Peterson fumble would've also done the trick.

you forgot the playoff game against the eagles where he threw up a pass with no Packer within 20 yards and then there’s the giant game.

Favre cost his team the 2007 NFC title game to the Giants at Lambeau and the 2010 NFC title game to the Saints with Minnesota with soul crushing INTs.

He wasn’t on teams that were incomplete either. He always had a solid core around him that he made better. He wasn’t Joe Namath as he was first team all pro and MVP 4 times. John Madden’s ball washing of him makes Cris Collinsworth’s ball washing of everything 345 Park Avenue look like nothing.

Favre cost his team the 2010 NFC title game to the Saints with Minnesota with soul crushing INTs.
Wasn’t there a controversial call or two in that game?

That was the bounty gate game.
Controversial non-calls then? I remember thinking the Vikes were screwed in that one, even before we heard about Bounty Gate.

Wasn’t there a controversial call or two in that game?

I do remember there being a pretty bad DPI call against the Vikes, which put the Saints in FG range on the game winning drive in OT

Controversial non-calls then? I remember thinking the Vikes were screwed in that one, even before we heard about Bounty Gate.
Only thing that screwed Minnesota was NO won the OT coin toss kicked a FG on the first possession and Minnesota didn’t get a possession. Nowadays you have to score a TD in OT for that NO kicked a 40 something yard FG in OT.

No he won’t !

:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom