NFL HOF announcement | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NFL HOF announcement

How does Tomlinson seem to fly under the radar so much? Go look at this guy's career numbers. Nine straight years of 10+ touchdowns. Missed 6 games in 11 years, which is insane given his volume.

2006- 1800 rushing yards, 500 receiving yards, 31 total touchdowns. That's video game type stuff. Maybe one of the greatest ever.
LDT isn't underrated IMO he is an alltimer.
I'm fine with Warner being in. At his peak he was Peyton Manning even if it was just for a few years. His offense's in St. Louis changed the league. Good enough for me.

He was great in Zona too the last couple years.
Warner getting in was fine. He got to 3 SBs and played a high level for 7 years. He filled that post Elway/Marino hole at QB before Manning/Brady/Brees.
Terrell Davis is and will always be a joke. Especially with LDT going in the Hall didn't need 2 RBs.

LDT isn't underrated IMO he is an alltimer.

Warner getting in was fine. He got to 3 SBs and played a high level for 7 years. He filled that post Elway/Marino hole at QB before Manning/Brady/Brees.
Terrell Davis is and will always be a joke. Especially with LDT going in the Hall didn't need 2 RBs.
I wanted to bring this up earlier, that is what really annoyed me too.

in a year where LDT goes in, we all knew it was going to happen...you don't sneak in davis as a 2nd RB.

especially not when Joe Jacoby is sitting out there and they don't take any other OL, yet they take a freakin Kicker.

and also leave off TO.

this years class is just weird...

I wanted to bring this up earlier, that is what really annoyed me too.

in a year where LDT goes in, we all knew it was going to happen...you don't sneak in davis as a 2nd RB.

especially not when Joe Jacoby is sitting out there and they don't take any other OL, yet they take a freakin Kicker.

and also leave off TO.

this years class is just weird...
Hell not just Jacoby, TO, Brian Dawkins, John Lynch, and Ty Law are all more Hall worthy than Terrell Davis.

Do the voters remember that Olandis Gary came in and ran for 1,100 yards when Davis got hurt? And then Mike Anderson came out of nowhere and ran for 1,500 yards? And then Clinton Portis came in and ran for 1,500 yards in each of his first two seasons?

Davis was great before he got hurt, but that Denver running game was tough every year back then regardless of who the RB was.
The Broncos didn't win any Super Bowls with the three you mentioned.

John Elway retiring might have had something to do with that too.

John Elway was replaced by Brian Griese.

The dirty secret nobody talks about was how dominant that Denver OL was behind Coach Alex Gibbs. Post Terrell Davis Denver turned mediocre RBs into 1000+ runners.

Davis had 4 elite years and had one special Super Bowl that shouldn't be enough. OJ Anderson and
Priest Holmes should be HOFers now.

Elway didn't win any Super Bowls without TD.
Elway took 3 teams to the SB against superior teams.
From 1984 to 1997 the NFC won the SB every year. Elway with Terrell Davis doesn't beat any of those NFC teams. Elway won his SBs in the hard salary cap Era.

Terrell Davis has 4 years it's s joke. He got in because he works for the NFL network and he is getting support from those media stooges.

Speaking of OJ Anderson, it seemed like every time I went to a Cardinals game as a kid, he got hurt. I guess he was destined to become a Giant.

Elway took 3 teams to the SB against superior teams.
From 1984 to 1997 the NFC won the SB every year. Elway with Terrell Davis doesn't beat any of those NFC teams.
We'll never know. It's a testament to Elway's greatness that he was able to lead three teams to the Super Bowl without much of a supporting cast.

You might have a point about TD working for the NFL Network. Not unlike Emmy performers winning the awards.

How does Tomlinson seem to fly under the radar so much? Go look at this guy's career numbers. Nine straight years of 10+ touchdowns. Missed 6 games in 11 years, which is insane given his volume.

2006- 1800 rushing yards, 500 receiving yards, 31 total touchdowns. That's video game type stuff. Maybe one of the greatest ever.

The 2 lasting images of him are him sitting on the bench in the playoffs in New England hurt and unable to go. And him fighting with the Patriots at midfield after losing to them at home in the playoffs a few years earlier. His stats are unreal, but when you think of him the first thing you think of are those 2 moments not any one play or game.

The 2 lasting images of him are him sitting on the bench in the playoffs in New England hurt and unable to go. And him fighting with the Patriots at midfield after losing to them at home in the playoffs a few years earlier. His stats are unreal, but when you think of him the first thing you think of are those 2 moments not any one play or game.
I still remember LDT looking like Darth Vader on the SD bench in the 2007 AFC title game after tapping out while Philip Rivers was playing with a torn ACL in his right leg.

ltafc.jpg

Great player though.