NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 119 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

If Belichick had to play NFCE teams two time a year you don’t think he’d pay extra attention to those teams? I don’t think people from afar understand what drives guys like B & B.

It’s too bad the Pats and Boys weren’t in the same division over the Romo years. Losing to the Pats 2 times a year would have kept them outta the playoffs and saved the rest of the country from having to watch them bumble all over themselves and choke in the playoffs.

Must have been embarrassing for you.

It was embarrassing for me.

Tony Choke-O was the Buffalo Bills of NFL All-Pro QBs.

Edit - About as embarrassing for you when Choke-O beat the Bills on Monday night football in 2007.

Last edited:
Mike Francesa’s picks
Colts +5.5
Rams -7
Chargers +4
Saints -8

It was embarrassing for me.

Tony Choke-O was the Buffalo Bills of NFL All-Pro QBs.

Edit - About as embarrassing for you when Choke-O beat the Bills on Monday night football in 2007.

Nothing embarrassing about it. Cowboys were heavy favorites and Bills fans showed the entire country why they are the best and most loyal fans in the league.

Nothing you could relate to. You’ve prolly never been to Dallas in ur life.

If Belichick had to play NFCE teams two time a year you don’t think he’d pay extra attention to those teams? I don’t think people from afar understand what drives guys like B & B.

It’s too bad the Pats and Boys weren’t in the same division over the Romo years. Losing to the Pats 2 times a year would have kept them outta the playoffs and saved the rest of the country from having to watch them bumble all over themselves and choke in the playoffs.

Must have been embarrassing for you.

Found a shot of Brady & Belichick game planning for Buffalo every year

1547251922855.gif

Nothing embarrassing about it. Cowboys were heavy favorites and Bills fans showed the entire country why they are the best and most loyal fans in the league.

Nothing you could relate to. You’ve prolly never been to Dallas in ur life.

I’ve been to old Texas stadium many times, Jerry world twice and that white trash mecca in orchard park once among other nfl stadiums (FedEx field and the Linc).

Guess I was right. Easy to be a bandwagon fan isn’t it? You grew up in 70’s or did daddy?

You got me. I started caring about the Cowboys in 1983 when I was 7 because one of my older brothers who I shared a room with liked them too.

I went to the NE/Bills game at the Ralph in 2007. It was the year Kevin Everett was partially paralyzed on opening day.

The game I went to was a Sunday night game in late November. Bills played an opening message from Everett on the Jumbotron before kickoff.

Crowd is amped, Buffalo scores a TD on the opening drive and then spots NE the next 35 points (by halftime).

My Buffalo born and raised Superfan friends left at halftime.

Highlights of that experience were watching a 20 something Bills fan waterfall puke on her Jim Kelly throwback jersey wearing boyfriend.

Was that you?

I’ve been to old Texas stadium many times, Jerry world twice and that white trash mecca in orchard park once among other nfl stadiums (FedEx field and the Linc).

White trash mecca? Hilarious - enjoy your caviar while getting ripped of by one of the biggest scumbags on the planet in a glorified mall.

I’ll keep the best tailgate scene on the planet along with ACTUAL fans all for a reasonable price.

FYI - Brady has never lost to the Cowboys while outscoring them 110-49 - one more thing that makes you look like a complete dope.

So who grew up in the 70’s - daddy or you? Just wanna know when your spineless ancestors began jumping on the bandwagon.

Last edited:
You got me. I started caring about the Cowboys in 1983 when I was 7 because one of my older brothers who I shared a room with liked them too.

I went to the NE/Bills game at the Ralph in 2007. It was the year Kevin Everett was partially paralyzed on opening day.

The game I went to was a Sunday night game in late November. Bills played an opening message from Everett on the Jumbotron before kickoff.

Crowd is amped, Buffalo scores a TD on the opening drive and then spots NE the next 35 points (by halftime).

My Buffalo born and raised Superfan friends left at halftime.

Highlights of that experience were watching a 20 something Bills fan waterfall puke on her Jim Kelly throwback jersey wearing boyfriend.

Was that you?

I was a college student at that time and was at that game with my dad - who, along with my uncle and my grandfather, has been a fan since the inception of the organization. Proud upstate NYers.

We stayed the whole game.

But that’s cool your brother saw a team from Texas win the Super Bowl on TV in the late 70’s and decided to start liking them because of that.

White trash mecca? Hilarious - enjoy your caviar while getting ripped of by one of the biggest scumbags on the planet in a glorified mall.

I’ll keep the best tailgate scene on the planet along with ACTUAL fans all for a reasonable price.

FYI - Brady has never lost to the Cowboys while outscoring them 110-49 - on more thing that makes you look like a complete dope.

So who grew up in the 70’s - daddy or you? Just wanna know when your spineless ancestors began jumping on the bandwagon.

Yes, white trash mecca. Even Philly had less white trashy fans than Buffalo.

Bills fans are the only people I know who get angry at CNYers for not being fans while nearly all of Buffalo couldn’t give two figs about Cuse football. But they have no problem being basketball only’s.

My brother is two years older than me so none of us knew what football was in the 70s when Dallas won their first SBs.

Neither my father or uncles give two shites about any NFL team.

Edit - my childhood friends growing up in the city of Syracuse rooted for the Skins, Bears and Giants. Nobody liked the Jills.

I was a college student at that time and was at that game with my dad - who, along with my uncle and my grandfather, has been a fan since the inception of the organization. Proud upstate NYers.

We stayed the whole game.

But that’s cool your brother saw a team from Texas win the Super Bowl on TV in the late 70’s and decided to start liking them because of that.

Congrats on your lineage. None of my grandparents were born in the US.

I live in WNY and for every diehard Bills fan I meet they’re diehard SU basketball/ND football fans.

My brother in law (OP born and raised) worked for the Bills during their SB run in the early 90s. He’s a Texas Longhorns football/UNC Tarheel basketball fan.

Yes, white trash mecca. Even Philly had less white trashy fans than Buffalo.

Bills fans are the only people I know who get angry at CNYers for not being fans while nearly all of Buffalo couldn’t give two figs about Cuse football. But they have no problem being basketball only’s.

My brother is two years older than me so none of us knew what football was in the 70s when Dallas won their first SBs.

Neither my father or uncles give two shites about any NFL team.

Edit - my childhood friends growing up in the city of Syracuse rooted for the Skins, Bears and Giants. Nobody liked the Jills.

Huh? Ppl from Buf couldn’t give two shiz’z about Syracuse sports. Basketball or Football. I listen to Buffalo sports talk radio every day and it’s not even on their radar.

I don’t care that you’re not a Bills fan - I just could never be a bandwagon fan like you and your brother. Cheapens it.

I don’t care that you’re not a Bills fan
Could’ve fooled me with the litany of condescending questions and incorrect assumptions about my family and how/when I became a Dallas fan.

SU sports have always been my first love so I don’t mind. As I said I live in WNY so it’s not the first time I’ve been asked the same questions.

Could’ve fooled me with the litany of condescending questions and incorrect assumptions about my family and how/when I became a Dallas fan.

SU sports have always been my first love so I don’t mind. As I said I live in WNY so it’s not the first time I’ve been asked the same questions.

Might wanna re-read the thread bub. You started the condescension with your PTSD comment.

Oh and you lost the original argument.

And you outted yourself as a bandwagon fan who hates other bandwagon fans.

And you referred to one of your “own” as Tony Choke-o... think Bills fans have nicknames like that for Jim Kelly and the 90’s Bills? Nah they don’t.

Pretty unsuccessful couple pages for you.

Might wanna re-read the thread bub. You started the condescension with your PTSD comment.

And you referred to one of your “own” as Tony Choke-o... think Bills fans have nicknames like that for Jim Kelly and the 90’s Bills? Nah they don’t.

A bandwagon fan is one who changes allegiance based on team performance. Hence jumping on or off the bandwagon.

Tell me how I fit that definition.

Speculating that NE might not have been as successful in the post season had the other teams in their division not been Rutgers esque isn’t wrong.

Records against teams they played 4 times in 16 years isn’t proof that I’m wrong.

And no self respecting Bills fan I know would ever put in the effort you did defending NE.

I was wrong. It’s not PTSD, it’s Stockholm syndrome.

A bandwagon fan is one who changes allegiance based on team performance. Hence jumping on or off the bandwagon.

Tell me how I fit that definition.

Speculating that NE might not have been as successful in the post season had the other teams in their division not been Rutgers esque isn’t wrong.

Records against teams they played 4 times in 16 years isn’t proof that I’m wrong.

And no self respecting Bills fan I know would ever put in the effort you did defending NE.

I was wrong. It’s not PTSD, it’s Stockholm syndrome.
He isn’t defending NE. Nobody is defending NE the point is NE being in the AFC East kills the other 3 teams.
NE doesn’t just beat up the AFC East they beat every division up. I am confident if the Bills/Dolphins/Jets were in the AFC South or NFC East and didn’t have Brady/Belichick in their way every year they would have more postseason appearances.
Since 2002 NE has won 9, 14, 14, 10, 12, 16, 11,, 10, 14, 13, 12, 12, 12, 12, 14, 13, 11 in the regular season.

That makes it ridliciously hard on the Dolphins/Bills/Jets to get a home playoff game or bye.
The Patriots would win other divisions it’s just frustrating for the other 3 teams which are trying but have 1000 lb guerilla in their way.

Im very hard on my phins. That being said, in any other division except the nfc north we’d undoubtedly have multiple more playoff appearances since ‘00

Im very hard on my phins. That being said, in any other division except the nfc north we’d undoubtedly have multiple more playoff appearances since ‘00

This actually isn’t a fabrication.

During the ‘Phins strong years over the last 20, they have had some tough luck with the WC berth.

Was it ‘01 where they went 10-6 and didn’t make the playoffs? Yeah, whatever year that was that wasn’t right.

*edit: it was ‘03. Also went 9-7 in ‘02 and missed it. Yeah, there is definitely another division out there where they could have made the postseason those years. That kind of thing would make a fan tear their hair out... I’ll give you that.

He isn’t defending NE. Nobody is defending NE the point is NE being in the AFC East kills the other 3 teams.
NE doesn’t just beat up the AFC East they beat every division up. I am confident if the Bills/Dolphins/Jets were in the AFC South or NFC East and didn’t have Brady/Belichick in their way every year they would have more postseason appearances.
Since 2002 NE has won 9, 14, 14, 10, 12, 16, 11,, 10, 14, 13, 12, 12, 12, 12, 14, 13, 11 in the regular season.

That makes it ridliciously hard on the Dolphins/Bills/Jets to get a home playoff game or bye.
The Patriots would win other divisions it’s just frustrating for the other 3 teams which are trying but have 1000 lb guerilla in their way.

I understand your point. Nine of those years were aided by one or zero speed bumps in their division.

They’re 4-0 vs Dallas.

2003 - Brady 12/Quincy Carter 0
2007 - Brady 48/Romo 27
2011 - Brady 20/Romo 16
2015 - Brady 30/Brandon Weeden 6

It’s amazing that 3 teams in one division have sucked at picking QBs for so long.

No, Bills fans love Jim Kelly.

But I heard tons of vitriol spewed at the only QB to bring them to the playoffs this century (and Losman, Edwards, Manuel, Fitz, yada yada yada)

These guys are pros, not amateurs. BFD.

You make it home from happy hour okay?

Holy ****.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom