NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 121 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Wow. What an idiot.

Is that tommyboy at 5??

Today is Brady, the magic of foles and 2 more regular season donkey jockey stat boys.

Bree’s hasn’t to get #2...
Yeah Brady 5 and no Brees is utter insanity.
Dak above both.

Yeah Brady 5 and no Brees is utter insanity.
Dak above both.
Brady with go 3 straight years of 1 and done going 4-20’witb 4 INTs in each before I’d move him to #2.

Brady with go 3 straight years of 1 and done going 4-20’witb 4 INTs in each before I’d move him to #2.
The media are treating the fact Brady went from 1st the previous years to like 7th or 8th best this year like he fell off the cliff.
He wasn’t close to the MVP this year but he carried an inferior roster again.

Rams OL is the best in football.

They crushed it tonight and it’s amazing none of their starters have been injured enough to miss a start this year.

It’d be great if Scott Linehan left Dallas this summer but that’s probably not happening.

On to 2019.

That was shocking how the LAR OL controlled the line of scrimmage. They made CJ Anderson look like Jim Brown. I watched LA's OL against the Bears and Eagles and they looked barely mediocre. In both games they got seriously whupped up front. No doubt the LAR OL is good but a chunk of that falls on the Dallas DL. They looked awful.

Poor Stephen A.
Screen-Shot-2019-01-10-at-7.47.08-PM-832x447.png

Doesn’t Brees on his list and had Luck #1.

He said last week the Eagles had no chance against the Bears.

The media are treating the fact Brady went from 1st the previous years to like 7th or 8th best this year like he fell off the cliff.
He wasn’t close to the MVP this year but he carried an inferior roster again.

He was 5th in PFF grade behind Brees, Luck, Mahomes, Rivers.

Last edited:
Stephen A’s had a rough year. He’s immortalized to me now, for obvious reasons, though. Dude has stones.

That was shocking how the LAR OL controlled the line of scrimmage. They made CJ Anderson look like Jim Brown. I watched LA's OL against the Bears and Eagles and they looked barely mediocre. In both games they got seriously whupped up front. No doubt the LAR OL is good but a chunk of that falls on the Dallas DL. They looked awful.

The whole Dallas defense played tentative and looked frequently confused in the first half. The LBs were particularly passive and missing plays.

It didn’t look like they made any attempt to disguise coverage and were content to let the Rams dictate.

I was more frustrated by the inability to call offensive plays with any urgency. The Rams secondary isn’t very good and Linehan still called idiotic WR screens or pitches behind the LOS that fed into the Rams strength.

Poor Stephen A.

Lol yeah, caught up on the Best of Dan Le Batard Show podcast from Friday and they aired this sound byte. Grilled him for it and mocked him because he goes so crazy over it and screams his top 5, proceeds to get called out for not adding Brees, and subsequently adds a very quiet “I forgot.”

Most of the time he is so hard to listen to. Le Batard refers to him as a wrestling heel sports personality.

The whole Dallas defense played tentative and looked frequently confused in the first half. The LBs were particularly passive and missing plays.

It didn’t look like they made any attempt to disguise coverage and were content to let the Rams dictate.

I was more frustrated by the inability to call offensive plays with any urgency. The Rams secondary isn’t very good and Linehan still called idiotic WR screens or pitches behind the LOS that fed into the Rams strength.

I think all of that is true. The game came down to that 4th and one where Zeke got stuffed. That was the ballgame right there. That said, about 1/3 of the game in I was zeroing on the Dallas DL. They got blown off the ball like I've never seen before this year.

I think all of that is true. The game came down to that 4th and one where Zeke got stuffed. That was the ballgame right there. That said, about 1/3 of the game in I was zeroing on the Dallas DL. They got blown off the ball like I've never seen before this year.

I agree that the DL played especially poorly. The multiple jumps offside on the first drive were amazingly stupid. I don’t think they rotated bodies as frequently as they typically do. Perhaps another byproduct of the Rams style of offense (rush to the line, look at the defense, finalize play call).

The Dallas DL also hasn’t played so much in a first half all year. Rams had the ball for 20 something minutes; I knew the odds of winning were low as the D was gassed.

Cowboys have 3 players that need to get paid and they won’t be cheap.
Dak
Amari Cooper
Demarcus Lawrence.

I think the Cowboys pay the first 2 and Lawrence ends up a Jet or Colt.

Cowboys have 3 players that need to get paid and they won’t be cheap.
Dak
Amari Cooper
Demarcus Lawrence.

I think the Cowboys pay the first 2 and Lawrence ends up a Jet or Colt.
Cowboys aren't letting Lawrence go. They will franchise him if they have to.

Poor Stephen A.

That's insane to forget Brees! It's not like they gave him 5 seconds to prepare for that segment.

Cowboys aren't letting Lawrence go. They will franchise him if they have to.
Amari/Dak will likely cost 40 million per year.
If they add Lawrence that is another 15-18 per year.
That is a lot to use on 3 players.

I might be wrong but I think Lawrence will be franchised this offseason while Cooper and Dak are under contract until next offseason.

I think you’re right that they’ll eventually let Lawrence go and keep Cooper and Prescott.

Edit - they have to decide whether to pay Beasley and David Irving this offseason. I hope they let both go as they’re frequently injured.

Last edited:
It is but we need pass rushers. If Lawrence wants too much they might just franchise him again and rent him for the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom