NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

It’s because Eli did nothing wrong.

Did not try to hide any involvement.

Did not destroy evidence.

Did not lie.

And did not do anything to comprise the integrity of Sunday’s.
Eli did nothing wrong?
He settled a case right before a trial started during jury selection.
The Court denied his motion to dismiss.

How do you know what Eli did? The NFL isn’t even bothering to try and find out. All we know is the case involved fraud which is part of what NFL personal conduct policy says is subject to discipline but the NFL doesn’t care to look into it.

Nah the NFL tells me that legalizing betting in NJ compromises the integrity of the game. lol

Well we cant have gambling in the NFL, I said as I consider my way-too-early fantasy football rankings.

I just don’t understand why the NFL would want to stir up this hornets nest again. Let sleeping dogs lie. So dumb.

NFL players: “We feel oppressed by society”
NFL: “Stand for the anthem or don’t show your face”

Talk about tone deaf. And I’m a person who would prefer they stand and has been very critical of Kaepernick. I have had many heated debates with folks on the OT board about this, but the NFL. IS. SO. DUMB!

Guess the right prefers forced patriotism over free speech. And yes, I know this technically doesn't involve the government so the free speech right isn't technically impinged, but had this been a right leaning player protesting an Obama action, every rightie on this board would be screaming from the rafters.

Guess the right prefers forced patriotism over free speech. And yes, I know this technically doesn't involve the government so the free speech right isn't technically impinged, but had this been a right leaning player protesting an Obama action, every rightie on this board would be screaming from the rafters.

I don't see it having anything to do with politics. It's about business and kneeling is bad business for the NFL. But beyond that what is the exit strategy for the kneelers? Is this still going to be a thing in 2034?

I don't see it having anything to do with politics. It's about business and kneeling is bad business for the NFL. But beyond that what is the exit strategy for the kneelers? Is this still going to be a thing in 2034?

People are still going to be angry when they don’t come out of the locker room. Guaranteed.

That a young black man is 100x more likely to die at the hands of another black man than he is at the hands of the police. As long as the SJWs continue to refuse to acknowledge that FACT then these urban communities will continue to suffer.
So we shouldn't want to hold police accountable? If someone isn't protesting exactly what you think is most important, then it is invalid?

People are still going to be angry when they don’t come out of the locker room. Guaranteed.

They are entitled and spoiled and now the the NFL is providing them a safe space at the stadium.

So we shouldn't want to hold police accountable? If someone isn't protesting exactly what you think is most important, then it is invalid?

I already said it above. Sorry you missed it. We should hold police fully accountable. But to talk about policing while ignoring the massive amount of violence and mayhem committed by members of these communities against other members is really something that turns my stomach.

I live 20 min from Trenton, NJ. These folks are killing each other at an epic rate and a substantial portion of the police force is either black or hispanic. Being originally from Syracuse I visit syracuse.com frequently and they've been on quite a murder run as well. Some of these cities are absolute war zones. And it's all because of bad cops?

Let's call it what it is: Nationalism.

I wonder if a case could be made that it is a first amendment issue. The anthem at NFL games is a government-sponsored event. Trump threatened the players and pressured the league to act. Now Pence is claiming victory. There's a financial penalty involved and today Trump is saying players who protest shouldn't even be allowed to stay in this country. Sounds like government interference to me.

Hardly anyone was kneeling anymore. The NFL is stupid for bringing it back to the spotlight, just to appease some fans. Seems more like a move the current president would do.

Better not be ANY MAGA football fans in the beer and nacho lines during the anthem. Better be RESPECTING THE FLAG. Otherwise, they need to be penalized too.
We stop and salute at Giants Stadium, but I can’t speak for places.

Who said that it is all because of bad cops? If someone is protesting bad cops, do you think they’re saying that bad cops are responsible for everything bad in the world?

I'm trying to make a very simple point that seems to not be getting through. Bad cops are a problem, no doubt. And bad police activity should be called out and dealt with severely. I can't be more clear about that. But to listen to various activists, SJWs, kneelers, message board posters, etc. you'd think that if we just solve the bad cop activity then we're good to go. I think a lot of those folks are intellectually dishonest. When a dozen people are murdered on a routine weekend in Chicago it's pretty clear that bad cops are the tip of the iceberg.

Hardly anyone was kneeling anymore. The NFL is stupid for bringing it back to the spotlight, just to appease some fans. Seems more like a move the current president would do.

You might be right that the kneeling thing was played out. But there ain't no doubt that the net effect was lower ratings, attendance etc. NFL owners were not interested in seeing a rerun in 2018.

But to listen to various activists, SJWs, kneelers, message board posters, etc. you'd think that if we just solve the bad cop activity then we're good to go.
can you name a few of the intellectual dishonest? I haven’t met anyone that thinks it will solve every issue. Are you sure you’re not misrepresenting their points of view?

But to listen to various activists, SJWs, kneelers, message board posters, etc. you'd think that if we just solve the bad cop activity then we're good to go.
We recognize you believe this to be true. Doesn't make it so.

You might be right that the kneeling thing was played out. But there ain't no doubt that the net effect was lower ratings, attendance etc. NFL owners were not interested in seeing a rerun in 2018.
Lower ratings for how long? Football fans get over things in time. Good to know fans can cry and misunderstand things and get their way. Precedent set.

I'm trying to make a very simple point that seems to not be getting through. Bad cops are a problem, no doubt. And bad police activity should be called out and dealt with severely. I can't be more clear about that. But to listen to various activists, SJWs, kneelers, message board posters, etc. you'd think that if we just solve the bad cop activity then we're good to go. I think a lot of those folks are intellectually dishonest. When a dozen people are murdered on a routine weekend in Chicago it's pretty clear that bad cops are the tip of the iceberg.
You can separate the two issues and that's what they're doing. Solving the bad cop activity, aka killing citizens, would be a giant step forward for society as a whole. Why can't we start with the people that are supposed to uphold the law and are basically in charge of everyone, since they answer to no one?

I'd say that should be way easier than getting criminals to obey the law, because they generally don't. I mean, this shouldn't be that confusing right?

can you name a few of the intellectual dishonest? I haven’t met anyone that thinks it will solve every issue. Are you sure you’re not misrepresenting their points of view?

I happened to be listening to XM ch 82 on the way home last night. Rick Beuker (sp?) is normally one of the hosts of the show but they had a guest host, an african american guy whose name escapes me. Two different times he referred to atrocities being committed by police against blacks in their communities. I guess it would never cross his mind that there are 100x (at least) more atrocities committed by blacks against other blacks versus those that happen at the hands of police. You sure wouldn't hear him refer to black on black crime as atrocities.

I'll pose a question to you. When was the last time you heard a black athlete or any kind of black celebrity call his own community out for the murder and mayhem that goes on there every day?

We recognize you believe this to be true. Doesn't make it so.

Dude whenever you show up the conversation devolves into name calling and insults. Thx

Lower ratings for how long? Football fans get over things in time. Good to know fans can cry and misunderstand things and get their way. Precedent set.

Why is it hard to accept that some folks can get annoyed when the kneelers do their thing? As has been said often, the kneelers have every right to kneel and those that don't like it have every right to criticize it. If that means voting with their feet or turning off the tv then so be it.

Dude whenever you show up the conversation devolves into name calling and insults. Thx
You know I’m the one who started this conversation, right? I was willing to give you a chance. Sorry it didn’t work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom