NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Interesting you would cite a rapper. Many of them glorify urban violence and have dome a lot more to enflame the situation than to help it.

And many don’t. But people that don’t listen to rap music don’t know or care. And that’s also not what is typically promoted to the more impressionable listeners. Who runs those record labels and radio/music platforms?

So he DID do something? Just not at the right time for you?

Lol, jeez.

I'm sorry but a guy that wears pig socks and glorifies a Cuban dictator while in south Florida is nothing if not a fraud. The amazing thing is that people really buy into him as a hero. The writing on the wall was there when he had lost his job to Blaine Gabbert in 2016. His career was on the way into the toilet and he knew the Niners were not going to re-sign him.

And many don’t. But people that don’t listen to rap music don’t know or care. And that’s also not what is typically promoted to the more impressionable listeners. Who runs those record labels and radio/music platforms?

I'm sure many do and I'm sure many don't. I know for damn sure that rap is nowhere near as positive or as uplifting as R&B or soul of the 70s and 80s in terms of acts like Earth, Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, etc.

I'm sorry but a guy that wears pig socks and glorifies a Cuban dictator while in south Florida is nothing if not a fraud. The amazing thing is that people really buy into him as a hero. The writing on the wall was there when he had lost his job to Blaine Gabbert in 2016. His career was on the way into the toilet and he knew the Niners were not going to re-sign him.

But he did do things to help the “community”.

I'm sure many do and I'm sure many don't. I know for damn sure that rap is nowhere near as positive or as uplifting as R&B or soul of the 70s and 80s in terms of acts like Earth, Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, etc.

Well it’s apples and oranges in terms of song writing. It’s two different genres. There’s positives you can say about certain rappers that don’t apply to Marvin, Stevie, etc. simply due to the different nature of the writing required for the types of music.

Modern popular R&B music largely sucks though.

Donated a million dollars to groups that stand up for women, children, poor people, minorities, and military veterans.

Yeah AFTER he was called out for not having done a damn thing.

Well it’s apples and oranges in terms of song writing. It’s two different genres. There’s positives you can say about certain rappers that don’t apply to Marvin, Stevie, etc. simply due to the different nature of the writing required for the types of music.

Modern popular R&B music largely sucks though.

On your last sentence we have total agreement. And the unfortunate aspect of that is that it allows hideous rap and hip-hop music to flourish given the lack of alternatives. I'm hesitant to even call that stuff music given the lack of voice and instrumental talent.

Yet not 1 of those is NBC, ABC, or CBS news.

I also saw Avengers Infinity War, should I be worried about Thanos???

Those bastards at FOX never covered him!!!!

Yet you take a shot at FOX.
Are they not celebrities? He asked for examples of celebrities.

I think we all know the reason why black athletes, black celebrities et al don't forcefully speak out on the epidemic of murders in the inner city. It's not hard to figure out. Social media in the form of the usual suspects would jump ugly on them in a New York minute calling them sell-outs etc. . Somewhat understandably none of them are in a hurry to deal with that.
Fake news. We’ve given you plenty of examples. As usual, you refuse to accept them.

That's great but I think it would be a helluva lot more impressive with the spoken word through interviews, ad campaigns, etc.
Yet when they speak out on other issues, you say they should stick to music.

Are they not celebrities? He asked for examples of celebrities.
Well, then let me say that celebrity quotes don’t mean .

And you know it.

But I don’t care, this whole thread is ruined.

I demand a Cease and Desist on NON-FOOTBALL related conversations.

Except where it’s warranted, like this...

Hey alsacs, It’s just about time for your annual Thank You card and donation to Goodell for him going easy and covering up most of Spygate.

Don’t forget!! Wouldn’t want those facts out there...

That's great but I think it would be a helluva lot more impressive with the spoken word through interviews, ad campaigns, etc.
That all ya got? Any athletes? Left leaning pols?
Interesting you would cite a rapper. Many of them glorify urban violence and have dome a lot more to enflame the situation than to help it.
He's a fraud that never did anything for anybody in the black community until he was called out for it after the initial kneeling.
Yeah AFTER he was called out for not having done a damn thing.
You asked for examples, we provided them, and this is how you respond. Nothing but attempts to discredit each one and moving the goalposts. That’s arguing for the sake of arguing, which you accused me of earlier.

Well, then let me say that celebrity quotes don’t mean .

And you know it.

But I don’t care, this whole thread is ruined.

I demand a Cease and Desist on NON-FOOTBALL related conversations.

Except where it’s warranted, like this...

Hey alsacs, It’s just about time for your annual Thank You card and donation to Goodell for him going easy and covering up most of Spygate.

Don’t forget!! Wouldn’t want those facts out there...
John Mara makes Robert Kraft look like Al Davis when it comes to getting lenancy from Roger Goodell.
My god Goodell does whatever Mara wants on everything.

Bill Belichick at Chick Fil A

Think kap’s an idiot who backed himself into a corner with his need for the spotlightt. Im very happy that a million dollar donation to those in need came out of it.

Oh sweet Jesus...you back with the al jazzera schit??

1527895376113.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom