NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 174 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Exactly.

Give me Wilson, Wentz or tank both seasons for Lawrence

Well 2 of those guys aren't going to be available any time in the next 5-8 years so good luck with your tank.

Well 2 of those guys aren't going to be available any time in the next 5-8 years so good luck with your tank.
I keep hope until I see ink on paper

I keep hope until I see ink on paper

Even via the Cousins route, their contracts have to end and then 2 tags on top of it...

Oh btw, the six points Pittsburgh gave up to Minnesota in SB IX came as a result of a blocked punt recovered in the end zone in the 4Q. Then the Vikes missed the XP so their offense failed to score a single point in the game.

The vikings averaged 19 ppg that year.
The rams averaged 32 this year.

None of this is really apples to apples given era, and there really are multiple ways to skin this one. Im not decisively saying this was the greatest SB D performance ever (as a Pats fan, that Bears showing was pretty damn dominant), but Im not going to argue with someone that does.

Last edited:
Even via the Cousins route, their contracts have to end and then 2 tags on top of it...

Stop making sense I’m trying to be glass half full

Curious...Are either of these guys are HOF worthy?

Player 1
9 Seasons
5,390 career yards
30 TDs
2 1,000+ seasons
4 seasons with at least 70 receptions (3 over 90)
Playoffs: 18 games, 115 catches, 1412 yards, 5 TDs, 3 Super Bowls, 1 SB MVP

Player 2
9 seasons
5,462 yards
51 TDs
0 1,000 yard seasons
0 seasons with at least 70 receptions
Playoffs: 16 games, 48 catches, 907 yards, 9 TDs, 4 Super Bowls, 1 SB MVP

Player 1
9 Seasons
5,390 career yards
30 TDs
2 1,000+ seasons

Player 2
9 seasons
5,462 yards
51 TDs
0 1,000 yard seasons
Each seem like system fits

If he watched how the sausage was made with regards to how detail oriented Belichick is he would understand.
To become a candidate to work for Belichick you spend years just watching film and cutting it up.
Every play in every game is dissected and then anything that can help the team with its current week is used.

Belichick came up with the idea for the 4 man line because he had someone watching a Titans-Jets game and a similar formation was used by the Titans and then he saw Alabama and Nick Saban use it against LSU with the RB being ineligible.

Belichick will break down every referee in every week each spot and will have every single penalty that referee has thrown in a cut so that he can give it to that those position coaches and is prepared.
Belichick takes the job to the extremes extreme in having his underlings prepare his team.
Chris Simms did the job for 2 years and he left because of how much work was involved.

The Patriots are the best coached team by miles every situation is covered and prepared for by the staff.
However we all know the only reason they win is because Kraft and Goodell are best friends and Goodell owes Kraft. It doesn’t matter Jerry Jones or Art Rooney have just as much power.

I mean Goodell wouldn’t have let the. Buffalo Bills make 4 SBs in a row like they did from 1990-93.

Good post. I agree with everything you said about Belichick and his obsession with detail.

The only nit I'd pick is replace Jerry Jones with John Mara and you'd have hit a homer.

Jerry had his best RB suspended by Rog; then retaliated by trying to get Rog fired. So Rog slapped him down again by forcing him to pay millions in league legal fees.

No way he has juice on the level of Art Rooney.

Most likely because, and this is just my guess, the other owners don't like him all that much.

There's a rumor flying around that Paul Allen's widow may sell the Seahawks to Jeff Bezos.

I guess other owners were recruiting him at the Super Bowl.

Player 1
9 Seasons
5,390 career yards
30 TDs
2 1,000+ seasons

Player 2
9 seasons
5,462 yards
51 TDs
0 1,000 yard seasons
The guy with 51TDs the HOF.

20 more TDs and no steroids.

There's a rumor flying around that Paul Allen's widow may sell the Seahawks to Jeff Bezos.

I guess other owners were recruiting him at the Super Bowl.
It’s also a back door troll job at Trump.
Who the league wouldn’t sell the Bills too and hates Bezos to the extreme.

If I were Allen’s widow she could probably fetch 2-3 billion for the Seahawks.
Steve Ballmer would likely be interested as well but the owners probably want Bezos lobbying network in DC to get more revenue.

The vikings averaged 19 ppg that year.
The rams averaged 32 this year.

None of this is really apples to apples given era, and there really are multiple ways to skin this one. Im not decisively saying this was the greatest SB D performance ever (as a Pats fan, that Bears showing was pretty damn dominant), but Im not going to argue with someone that does.

Fair enough.

That Steeler win was the beginning of their four title run and I remember coming away from that game thinking that was the best defense I'd ever seen. To hold the 3rd ranked offense in the league and a HoF QB to zero points and 119 total yards is impressive in any era. Nobody has come close to that. Some cursory research from the headline writer would have had him tapping the breaks on the "greatest defensive performance in SB history."

The Rams had a good offense earlier in the year but not late. For them their defense got them to the SB and some help from the Zebras. No Cupp and effectively no Gurley makes a huge difference and Goff was clearly not up to the task.

Fair enough.

That Steeler win was the beginning of their four title run and I remember coming away from that game thinking that was the best defense I'd ever seen. To hold the 3rd ranked offense in the league and a HoF QB to zero points and 119 total yards is impressive in any era. Nobody has come close to that. Some cursory research from the headline writer would have had him tapping the breaks on the "greatest defensive performance in SB history."

The Rams had a good offense earlier in the year but not late. For them their defense got them to the SB and some help from the Zebras. No Cupp and effectively no Gurley makes a huge difference and Goff was clearly not up to the task.

Barnwell simply went by % of pts that they scored compared to their avg, so the Rams came out to somewhere around 9% and I believe the next lowest was nearly double that. That's what he based it on. It's fine, there's no definitive way to decide it.

Player 1
9 Seasons
5,390 career yards
30 TDs
2 1,000+ seasons

Player 2
9 seasons
5,462 yards
51 TDs
0 1,000 yard seasons

I'm assuming that player 2 is Swann. If Edelman has 20 TDs next year and then 4 more postseason TDs and another Super Bowl, then he could enter the discussion. Comparing receiving stats from anyone after 2000 to anyone before the mid-80s just doesn't translate at all.

Warren Sharp who breaks down the game as good as anyone analyzed this game correctly.

Basically McVey refused to adapt and was only playing the way he knew and he thought his talent would be enough to beat New England.
New England’s weaknesses were ignored and thus they were prepared for LA’s 11 personnel and LA was beaten by a team prepared.

Barnwell simply went by % of pts that they scored compared to their avg, so the Rams came out to somewhere around 9% and I believe the next lowest was nearly double that. That's what he based it on. It's fine, there's no definitive way to decide it.

But the Vikings scored zero points. Can't get a lower percentage than that.

Warren Sharp who breaks down the game as good as anyone analyzed this game correctly.

Basically McVey refused to adapt and was only playing the way he knew and he thought his talent would be enough to beat New England.
New England’s weaknesses were ignored and thus they were prepared for LA’s 11 personnel and LA was beaten by a team prepared.
Nobody listens.

Bring the Fight to NE, if they bring the fight to you, it’s over

Of course Goff is no Eli too, but that’s a topic for another thread day.

BB once again kicked a coaches arse.

Sometimes they choke late, sometimes they choke early.

Fact remains, they all choke.

All but TC...

And I’ll give pederaon some props too, he brought the fight to them in a way, he just did it with smoke and mirrors.

Nobody listens.

Bring the Fight to NE, if they bring the fight to you, it’s over

Of course Goff is no Eli too, but that’s a topic for another thread day.

BB once again kicked a coaches arse.

Sometimes they choke late, sometimes they choke early.

Fact remains, they all choke.

All but TC...

And I’ll give pederaon some props too, he brought the fight to them in a way, he just did it with smoke and mirrors.
Pederson did a better job than Coughlin.
Coughlin had no reason to fear Belichick as they were peers on Parcells staff. Thus he knew he wasn’t anything more than just a former colleague doing well.
Coughlin’s defenses were outstanding in both Super Bowl. Your offenses were nothing special except they shortened the games with TOP.

Eagles offense played like they were 2 scores behind with how aggressive they played and that had the Patriots D on its heels besides Belichick benching their second best CB the entire game when he needed was one stop.
Brady shredded Schwartz because he knew his D from the Bills.
Brady has struggled with defensive coaches who are able to disguise and not play base.

The Rams D was bend but not break.

Pederson did a better job than Coughlin.
Coughlin had no reason to fear Belichick as they were peers on Parcells staff. Thus he knew he wasn’t anything more than just a former colleague doing well.
Coughlin’s defenses were outstanding in both Super Bowl. Your offenses were nothing special except they shortened the games with TOP.

Eagles offense played like they were 2 scores behind with how aggressive they played and that had the Patriots D on its heels besides Belichick benching their second best CB the entire game when he needed was one stop.
Brady shredded Schwartz because he knew his D from the Bills.
Brady has struggled with defensive coaches who are able to disguise and not play base.

The Rams D was bend but not break.
I disagree that pederson did a better job than TC. TC faxced a better Pats team than Pederson did. A lot better

I disagree that pederson did a better job than TC. TC faxced a better Pats team than Pederson did. A lot better

I would agree with you that the NYG beat better NE teams than the one Philly beat. But Pederson won with a backup QB and several backups in place of key injured players.

I would agree with you that the NYG beat better NE teams than the one Philly beat. But Pederson won with a backup QB and several backups in place of key injured players.
Foles is not a backup QB, he is a failed starter.

Foles is more Plunkett than Hoss.

If Frank Reich started for Kelly in a game, that’s a backup QB. 6 career starts (Hoss had 4, but 2 to end the 90 regular season).

And alsacs, the pats in 42 may still be the greatest team of all time, they just got beat in the only game anyone remembers.

Forgot about butler, that was BBs only mistake in 20 years.

Foles is not a backup QB, he is a failed starter.

Foles is more Plunkett than Hoss.

If Frank Reich started for Kelly in a game, that’s a backup QB. 6 career starts (Hoss had 4, but 2 to end the 90 regular season).

And alsacs, the pats in 42 may still be the greatest team of all time, they just got beat in the only game anyone remembers.

Forgot about butler, that was BBs only mistake in 20 years.
Might not have been a mistake. Butler was eaten alive by both Mariotta and Bortles in the two previous games. Couple that with showing up to practice late.

Welker won the 2nd SB for the Giants against the Pats.
even if he caught that ball, the Giants would have got the ball back. If they held the Pats to 3, a td would still have won the game. there is a reason they are called Giants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom