NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 172 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Listen there's no conspiracy here. If I wanted to cry conspiracy after the NFC title game I could have with the way my team got screwed over.

There are always some calls that could go either way. The Rams had penalties that weren't called as well. You just don't make as big a deal of it. Robey-Coleman held Edelman on one sideline play and it wasn't called. It was a 15 yard pass on 3rd down.

The Rams played atrocious. Holding call or not they had a chance to make up for it, but Goff through a ball that stayed in the air for an hour off his back foot. I do not feel bad for the Rams. They didn't deserve to be there in the first place.

The crazy part is that it would be a dumb conspiracy to begin with. The same team winning super bowls is not great for the sport. Had the Chiefs gone this year as opposed to the Pats it would have likely been much better financially for the NFL.

Second i notice overtime this comes up people have exact examples of bad calls against one team, but speak in generalities regarding the Pats penalties. I promise if you watch with the same eagle eye on both sides you will see there are plenty of bad/missed calls to go around. If people watch with the intent on seeing referee bias, guess what happens?

I have had more people tell me in the last two weeks that the ref in the Chiefs game should not have called offsides on Dee Ford. I find this insane. People wish the refs hadn't called a penalty since the result of the play would have effectively ended the game. I fully understand the Patriots hate, but to your point you cant feel bad for the Rams because they didnt get screwed by the refs.

I guess Lane Johnson playing in the SB last year after a PED suspension was okay though.
The butt hurtness of the media is a joke.
They want to change the OT rules after it happens with the Pats and not the Chiefs.

People are literally getting mad at NFL rules because it involved the Patriots. Didn't give two sheets before.

The Pats cheating is a 'dog bites man' story. If the Patriots didn't cheat, it would be a 'man bites dog' story. Hasn't happened yet.

17.....that is the number of teams who had a player start the season suspended due to PED violations. It doesn't excuse Edelman violating it, but I would hardly say this represents dog bites man. This is clearly a modern day NFL issue. Also a quick search shows that under this view every single team has "cheated" over the last 3 years

The crazy part is that it would be a dumb conspiracy to begin with. The same team winning super bowls is not great for the sport. Had the Chiefs gone this year as opposed to the Pats it would have likely been much better financially for the NFL.

Second i notice overtime this comes up people have exact examples of bad calls against one team, but speak in generalities regarding the Pats penalties. I promise if you watch with the same eagle eye on both sides you will see there are plenty of bad/missed calls to go around. If people watch with the intent on seeing referee bias, guess what happens?

I have had more people tell me in the last two weeks that the ref in the Chiefs game should not have called offsides on Dee Ford. I find this insane. People wish the refs hadn't called a penalty since the result of the play would have effectively ended the game. I fully understand the Patriots hate, but to your point you cant feel bad for the Rams because they didnt get screwed by the refs.

A lot of the same people saying Saints fans were crying and had other opportunities to win are the same fans that wanted the offsides against the Chiefs not called. NFL fans are weird.

I guess Lane Johnson playing in the SB last year after a PED suspension was okay though.
The butt hurtness of the media is a joke.
They want to change the OT rules after it happens with the Pats and not the Chiefs.

Minor clarification. Johnson did not appear in the SB the same year that he was suspended.

BUT HE STILL NEEDS ONE MORE TO CATCH ROBERT HORRY!!!
8, is a cute little number. Looks like a snowman ⛄

It was also his uniform #, but he won Scooter’s #.

1549297910454.jpeg

Were they even able to identify what he(Edelman) tested positive for? I remember there being all sorts of quirky things going on with his testing and results, don't remember specs.
It wasn’t identified but using common sense it’s whatever an athlete would take to recover from an ACL tear as quickly as they could.
It wasn’t steroids to make him bigger.

8, is a cute little number. Looks like a snowman ⛄

It was also his uniform #, but he won Scooter’s #.

View attachment 152286
Brady is only 41. He may get a crack at tying Yogi.
He is the standard for football player now though. He broke a tie with Charles Haley at 5 SB rings as a player.
Belichick has the record for anybody associated with an organization now.
2 as an assistant HC.
6 as a HC.
8 total.

Patriots fan here. Edelman wont get in the HOF. He would probably have to play another 4-5 years at the level of the last couple healthy seasons to have a real chance. Plus the PED stain. Won't say zero percent chance, but pretty close to that. Now Gronk, even if he retires tomorrow, is a HOF slam dunk IMO.

Patriots fan here. Edelman wont get in the HOF. He would probably have to play another 4-5 years at the level of the last couple healthy seasons to have a real chance. Plus the PED stain. Won't say zero percent chance, but pretty close to that. Now Gronk, even if he retires tomorrow, is a HOF slam dunk IMO.
If Edelman is a ‘HOFer’, then we might as well just add Eli to this year class, induct him in August and let him be a the 1st active HOF player.

Gronk is a first ballot guy like Tony Gonzalez.
No debate on his HOF status.

If Edelman is a ‘HOFer’, then we might as well just add Eli to this year class, induct him in August and let him be a the 1st active HOF player.
Yeah not disagreeing. Like I said, if he has 5 more years where he gets another 400+ catches, including more big time postseason success and another ring or 2, he's now in the discussion. But is not close to there now. He's not even on the periphery.

And its VERY unlikely he does that.

I like Bill Barnwell but ESPN had a crazy headline today related to his story calling yesterday the "greatest defensive performance in SB history." Whaa? I remember watching the Steel Curtain play the Vikes in SB IX. Minnesota had 21 rushing attempts for 17 yards and threw for an additional 102 yards for a total of 119 yards to go with a grand total of 9 first downs.

NE had a great defensive game yesterday but it wasn't close to what the Steelers did in SB IX. Not to mention that Pittsburgh had five HoFers on their defense that day.

I like Bill Barnwell but ESPN had a crazy headline today related to his story calling yesterday the "greatest defensive performance in SB history." Whaa? I remember watching the Steel Curtain play the Vikes in SB IX. Minnesota had 21 rushing attempts for 17 yards and threw for an additional 102 yards for a total of 119 yards to go with a grand total of 9 first downs.

NE had a great defensive game yesterday but it wasn't close to what the Steelers did in SB IX. Not to mention that Pittsburgh had five HoFers on their defense that day.
I love Belichick and I don’t even think that the game plan with anything special.
All the patriots did was what anyone with a brain would do they put five in the box kill the Rams running on first down and then disguise their coverage until the play clock was down to 10 seconds thus Goff never got a pre-snap read where there was man or zone with McVey in his ear.
Yesterday exposed Goff is a manquein QB.

They held the 2nd highest scoring team in the league to 3 points, which is the lowest total in Super Bowl history. Zero red zone plays all night. Given what they did and who they were playing, I am 100% ok with calling it that.

Goff played and looked bad, but so did the Patriots. The score was 3-3 with the Rams driving and they called a holding penalty on a 13 yard carry.

They never called such a penalty on the Patriots, they simply don't do that.

First quarter they kept a drive alive, calling a 15-yard Roughness when facing a 3rd and 18...but on the previous drive the Patriots had similarly blown up a "defenseless receiver" for the Rams, a guy who was actually prone from trying to dive and catch the ball.

The Rams have two of the fiercest D-lineman in the league, but their line was called for zero holding penalties in the game. If, on New England's game-winning TD drive they'd thrown a holding flag and brought back a 30-yard completion, that would have been a big deal. And those were not quick hits, they were long-developing plays, so that's not a cop-out.

If they don't flag the Rams, and DO flag the Patriots, there is a high probability the outcome is different.

As for how this "conspiracy" could be kept quiet amongst owners, mgmt and refs, well that's where the Billions of dollars comes in.

And DeflateGate really was an attempt to ease pressure or deflect from the conspiracy. There really is no other explanation for the ridiculousness of that process.
You do realize that the powers that be will kill to keep the secret. There is just too much money at stake. You are in great danger, sir.

They held the 2nd highest scoring team in the league to 3 points, which is the lowest total in Super Bowl history. Zero red zone plays all night. Given what they did and who they were playing, I am 100% ok with calling it that.
Goff puked all over himself.
Don’t get me wrong it was a dominant defense performance but I don’t think it was the best of alltime.
Goff sucking helped a lot.
Patriots D made up for last year being shredded.
Pats deserved a split and got it.

You do realize that the powers that be will kill to keep the secret. There is just too much money at stake. You are in great danger, sir.
The Patriots had over 420 total yards.
Bill Barnwell in his article said the Rams punter by how well he punted saved the Rams an estimated 6.7 points by field position and how the Patriots moved the ball the whole game and stalled.

If the Rams don’t have Hecker that game is 20-24 for NE and 3 for the Rams based on field position.

Goff puked all over himself.
Don’t get me wrong it was a dominant defense performance but I don’t think it was the best of alltime.
Goff sucking helped a lot.
Patriots D made up for last year being shredded.
Pats deserved a split and got it.

Pretty tough to have a good game when you are getting harassed on most drop backs. Imagine the 12 hits he took last night was more than Brady took during the entire post season. There is no excuse though for missing Cooks wide open in the end zone though. That was a game altering late throw. The Gilmore pick was the right decision mentally, but disaster physically. Need to get that one deeper and outside.

Pretty tough to have a good game when you are getting harassed on most drop backs. Imagine the 12 hits he took last night was more than Brady took during the entire post season. There is no excuse though for missing Cooks wide open in the end zone though. That was a game altering late throw. The Gilmore pick was the right decision mentally, but disaster physically. Need to get that one deeper and outside.

He didnt miss cooks as much as he floated the pass too much and allowed the defender to get back

I’m safely putting Goff at 30 for next years QB ranking debate.

He’s ahead of jameius and bortles.

Although both run better.

I’m pretty sure he can’t read a D and it will take months to get the smell of puke off his body.

The playing call was atrocious as well.
Rams had 3rd and 3 or less 4 times and didn’t try a run play one time.
Don’t get me wrong the Pats D was Championship good yesterday.
It played well and executed the game plan to a tee but Goff sucking was a big problem.
Pats got pressure because they didnt respect the Rams running game and they just rushed the QB and had the Rams OL on their heels.

So the NFL has some serious choices for the season opener next year.
NY Giants, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Kansas City all come to Gillette next year.

Not a single dud in those 5 for TV ratings.
Odds it will be one of the 3 AFC teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom